‽ Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

‽ Robotics

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:49 am

Someone's been busy...
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:04 pm

Finally finished my arena idea I've had

45'x45' arena, mostly hazard-less. Robots start in the corners to make box rushing a bit more difficult. There's a 2 foot gap between the inner and outer walls, and the lexan is multi-layered and extremely thick. The red walls are 1.5 ft tall, meaning that with a bit of luck, 3+ powered flippers, 6+ powered vertical spinners, as well as Heavyweight (and maybe MW?) lifters and clampers are potentially able to get opponents stranded, or even OOTA them on the eastern wall. the purple extentions raise the wall height to 3'2", something that only powerful flippers and vertical spinners will be able to capitalize on. the floor does have seams, though they should not present a major issue that often

here Hazardous Waste Removal and Zenith demonstrate appropriate starting positions for opposing robots

and for scale, here's Cuddle Time! to show you what a Lightweight would look like in the starting square.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:51 pm

Nice, looks like we both did arena ideas! This one looks very good as a very Robogames-styled one, though I do have to wonder how the spectators would be able to see in with the metal fences as high as they are.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:57 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 20 2016, 06:51 PM</dd></dl><div> though I do have to wonder how the spectators would be able to see in with the metal fences as high as they are.[/quote]that's the main reason for not having it on one side :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

‽ Robotics

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:09 pm

I quite like this arena. No annoying hazards to get in the way. Alex V's is basically a flipper's dream come true :v:
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

GF93

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Dec 20 2016, 07:09 PM</dd></dl><div>Alex V's is basically a flipper's dream come true :v:[/quote]Don't exactly see how considering it's only open on one side (the rest of it is enclosed) and even then it's only accessible via the switch lowering that arena wall for most things, but OK.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 20 2016, 08:32 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Dec 20 2016, 07:09 PM</dd></dl><div>Alex V's is basically a flipper's dream come true :v:[/quote]Don't exactly see how considering it's only open on one side (the rest of it is enclosed) and even then it's only accessible via the switch lowering that arena wall for most things, but OK.[/quote]fucktons of hazards and a close arena generally benefits fippers

*cough cough robot wars*

:P
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

‽ Robotics

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Dec 20 2016, 10:22 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 20 2016, 08:32 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Dec 20 2016, 07:09 PM</dd></dl><div>Alex V's is basically a flipper's dream come true :v:[/quote]Don't exactly see how considering it's only open on one side (the rest of it is enclosed) and even then it's only accessible via the switch lowering that arena wall for most things, but OK.[/quote]fucktons of hazards and a close arena generally benefits fippers

*cough cough robot wars*

:P[/quote]This ^^^^. All that's missing are the severely OP housebots :v:

*Sees Genghis and Dr. Cadaver out of the corner of the eye :P )

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

GF93

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:42 am

To be fair, Robot Wars was essentially what I was brought up on, so it only stands to reason that I'd be mostly be drawing inspiration from that. So Genghis and Doctor Cadaver could be worth including in the next version if I was feeling up to it. :P

That being said though, those sorts of issues were why I was kind of on the fence about including the Killsaws and Ramrods, so I may take those out to increase the amount of space available to move around in and have it be more its own unique venue on ARC, with (mostly) different hazards and other stuff to the usual ARC arena.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Wolf51-50

‽ Robotics

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:33 am

We have the Doctor for our Dead Metal, and Genghis as our Sir Killalot, who would be the Matilda and Shunt of ARC? :P

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2

GF93

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Not entirely sure about Shunt, but Daemon Tellu or Teresa might be a good ARC Matilda. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

‽ Robotics

Post by NFX » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 21 2016, 02:12 PM</dd></dl><div>Not entirely sure about Shunt[/quote]Force Majeure, clearly :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:20 pm

About halfway done with a lockjaw clone that I'm calling Spectral Pudding. top jaw's being a pain to work through though so IDK when I'll actually get around to completing it. mostly I had a good idea for the name and therefore wanted to record it somewhere, though I'll happily take advice on any fuckups I've made thus far, as well as how the weapon should work with the rules.

WIP of the jaws. I have the botton half done :V . I'm debating how to best represent the system in stats, but I imagine the flipper power would be somehow related to how quickly the winch retracts the jaw - or would it just be a set speed no matter the weapon power? at any rate it's a flipper that stays open until I retract it, with the obvious intent of flipping my opponent over and then grabbing their flipped rear end and shoving it to a hazard, hence the pounds of torque.

Speed: 8
Traction: 6
Torque: 6
Weapon: 2/1 under R4 rules because otherwise reassigning weapon to armor bonuses becomes a problem in the other config
Armor: 8/9 under R4

hey hey hey this design is delicate so a fuck spinners wedge is a good idea :V

Weapon: 0
Armor: 8 (+2 wedge)/9(+1 wedge) under R4
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:55 pm

That's looking pretty good so far. Reminds me a lot of King B Remix with those front forks and the four wheel drive, actually&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Spring tension flipper/grabber. the entire weapon assembly is hinged, which means it's got a good deal of weight in it when it comes to wedge wars. alternate configuration is a bigass ABR plow mounted on the same hinge that the weapon is. invertable, and can self right in the same manner that lockjaw can.

Weapon: 2/0
Armor: 8/10(+2 wedge)

the weapon retraction works like this btw: http://i.imgur.com/SsblzuS.gif
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122