Neon Knights Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
DrummerBrian95

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Just decorative. Well, partly. The spikes on the front don't extend past the wedge so they aren't much use, but there's spikes on the rear that it uses to ram. It's functional art, if you will.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Yup, definitely the best kind of art- kicks ass, and looks good whilst doing it. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Vortex is hella cool.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

DrummerBrian95

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Yeah, I'm extremely proud of how it turned out. I didn't think I could pull it off as well as I did, but I think it came out absolutely gorgeous.

DrummerBrian95

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:39 pm

New robots!

I've got two new robots to share; although admittedly one is just a redesign of an older robot.

First up, in the Middleweight division: VIPER!

4WD, armed with a set of lifting forks and an axe. The forks don't have a high lift, they're only designed to get an opponents wheels off the ground, and then the axe and push comes into play. Hinged skirts on the sides to protect against wedges. Entered in FRR: Backlash.

Stats:
Speed: 5
Traction: 5
Torque: 3
Armor: 7
Weapon: 10(2 to lifting forks, 8 to axe)

And now in the Heavyweight division: HALBERD 2!

There's a number of improvements from the original incarnation. First, it's quicker and more maneuverable. Second, the scoop at the front is lower and can get under pretty much every other robot. Second, it has skirts around the sides and back to protect against wedges. And third, the axe now swings a full 180*, allowing it to attack opponents either in front of or behind with its tremendously powerful axe. Entered in FRR: Backlash.

Stats:
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Armor: 7(+2 to scoop)
Weapon: 12

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Nice. I like Viper, reminds me a lot of a cross between Panic Attack and Bonk!, from the current UK live circuit.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

DrummerBrian95

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 26 2015, 06:37 PM</dd></dl><div>Nice. I like Viper, reminds me a lot of a cross between Panic Attack and Bonk&#33;, from the current UK live circuit.[/quote]Viper was inspired by Panic Attack and X-Terminator. It should be pretty obvious what the inspiration for Halberd is/was.

NFX

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Given the range of Halberd's axe, I don't think you need the gap in the plow up front. That's just something for spinners to catch on. Cha0sFerret's Blackfoot had a similar issue with that, but that was solved by filling in the gaps. A single plow wouldn't give spinners as much to catch. It looks like a reasonably solid design, though, aside from that.

Viper's looking very good, I have to say. Low, sleek, stable design, lifter/axe combo is similar to my own robot MiDAS, which made the playoffs. I think this could perhaps match it with some sound strategies. It also has the same issue Halberd does, though, with the forks being easy for spinners to catch. If you can come up with a setup to give spinners less to hit, I think you'll definitely be in the money with this design.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

DrummerBrian95

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Robots&#33;

This update is just slight redesigns of robots I've already made. And in one case the name has also been changed.

Updated Viper:

Viper's new design forgoes the lifting forks for a lifting wedge to protect against spinners.

Stats unchanged.

Updated Halberd:

Halberd's new design has turned the double front scoops into a single scoop to protect against spinners.

Stats unchanged.

Updated Pandemonium:

Pandemonium's new design has a cutaway at the rear to make the robot more streamlined, and to make it so that if a wedge gets under the rear, it will make it harder to get the robot's wheels off the ground.

New stats:
Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Armor: 7
Weapon: 6

Bomber:

Bomber is basically Afterburner, except moved to the heavyweight division and with a redesigned blade.

New stats:
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Armor: 6
Weapon: 14

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:02 pm

I'm worried that the sides of Halberd's plow will get ripped off, since they're a bit exposed. I also think you should keep the lifting forks of viper as one of multiple options, using the wedge as a sort of special anti-spinner attachment. I like that design though, it has good weapon synergy :P . with the stats it has, Pandemonium could be a very good brick-breaker, but it might be a bit weak vs spinners. Bomber is a very solid design that could cause a lot of damage.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Viper and Halberd are both better off for having a solid wedge and scoop. Means less for spinners to hit, and the pair of them will probably have a decent chance of combating them with their axes.

Pandemonium, I'm not sure if it'll be harder to get its wheels off the ground, but it will at least make self-righting easier.

As with Afterburner, Bomber looks fantastic. Exactly what a horizontal spinner should be. Stat spread is bang on, and if you were to enter it into FRR, I'm convinced it would make the playoffs with some decent RP'ing. My only concern is if it were to get perched up on the flat back end, so you may want to add something to prevent that.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

DrummerBrian95

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:18 pm

More robot [redesigns]&#33;

Halberd has gotten another, what is probably final, redesign. Nothing has changed except the front wedge. It now no longer has flat edges for spinners to catch. The lower wedge is hinged on all 3 sides and has removable teeth.

Stats Unchanged

Also, Skull Cracker is no longer a drum spinner, and is now just a straight up ramming brick. It has also been painted blue, moved to SHW, and renamed to Blitz.

New Stats:
Speed: 8
Traction: 8
Torque: 4
Armor: 10(+2 to front scoop)
Weapon: 0
Last edited by DrummerBrian95 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:46 pm

that is a much more solid wedge on Halberd
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:57 pm

Those exposed wheels on Blitz worry me.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Neon Knights Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:06 pm

Yeah any strong spinner will have those for lunch. On top of that, the scoop doesn't cover them well.

The teeth on Halberd's wedge also ring alarm bells. A spinner can catch onto those.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux