Rendered Robots

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
British-Robotics

Rendered Robots

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Since my 3D modelling experience is quite lacking, I wouldn't mind anybody rendering some of my robots :).

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Rendered Robots

Post by GF93 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:50 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Jan 6 2015, 05:07 PM</dd></dl><div>Since my 3D modelling experience is quite lacking, I wouldn't mind anybody rendering some of my robots :).[/quote]Might be worth considering. If I've got some time, perhaps I might consider doing a render of Rocket Knight to start with. Considering I'm a bit of a Rocket Knight Adventures fan anyway, it could be something quite fun to do.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

Rendered Robots

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:18 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 6 2015, 07:50 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Jan 6 2015, 05:07 PM</dd></dl><div>Since my 3D modelling experience is quite lacking, I wouldn't mind anybody rendering some of my robots :).[/quote]Might be worth considering. If I've got some time, perhaps I might consider doing a render of Rocket Knight to start with. Considering I'm a bit of a Rocket Knight Adventures fan anyway, it could be something quite fun to do. [/quote]That would be fantastic mate ^^. I fully appreciate it

GF93

Rendered Robots

Post by GF93 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:00 pm

And here it is&#33; Whilst I wouldn't consider it perfect, I think it came out quite nicely all things considered. I decided to go with a blue colour scheme to match Sparkster's armour, and whilst I couldn't do the Swords on the sides this time around, I'll see if I can draw them and then add them accordingly for a later version.

I made a few little improvements here and there as well- I lined up the (Still removable) Spikes with the ground so that they go along it and can get underneath opponents to some degree even whilst inverted, and the sides are tapered, with the skirts on the thin end so that they can flip over either way with no loss of function when it's upside-down.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with it, and with some good statting, it should be quite a mean Storm II-esque pusher. Thoughts?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Rendered Robots

Post by NFX » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Looks like a pretty solid rammer. Front and rear wedges might not be as effective as they could be, but should hold up fairly well. Nice work. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Rendered Robots

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:22 am

Looks pretty good. Rocket Knight is still a pretty sweet robot.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

British-Robotics

Rendered Robots

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:26 am

I absolutely love it :). My first rendered robot and a solid looking one too. Once Lumina now Rocket Knight, I'm pretty much looking forward to the next tournament with my new HW. You don't mind if I use the images to replace the old one :)?
Last edited by British-Robotics on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

GF93

Rendered Robots

Post by GF93 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:40 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Jan 8 2015, 03:26 AM</dd></dl><div>I absolutely love it :). My first rendered robot and a solid looking one too. Once Lumina now Rocket Knight, I'm pretty much looking forward to the next tournament with my new HW. You don't mind if I use the images to replace the old one :)?[/quote]Of course&#33; Glad you all like it as well, I thought it was a pretty good design myself.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Rendered Robots

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:43 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 8 2015, 03:40 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Jan 8 2015, 03:26 AM</dd></dl><div>I absolutely love it :). My first rendered robot and a solid looking one too. Once Lumina now Rocket Knight, I'm pretty much looking forward to the next tournament with my new HW. You don't mind if I use the images to replace the old one :)?[/quote]Of course&#33; Glad you all like it as well, I thought it was a pretty good design myself.[/quote]Not to mention that it used to be Lumina, here are the stats that was kept before it got redecorated and re-vamped

Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 5
Armour: 11 (+2 to front wedge)
Weapon: 0

These are the original stats as Lumina,so basically it's stayed the same :).

GF93

Rendered Robots

Post by GF93 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:53 am

Sounds pretty good. Personally I'd cut the Armour Bonus down to 1 rather than 2 and apply it to both the Front and Back Wedges so that it has better all-round defence (Both on its chassis, and for when it's flipped over.), but other than that, I'm liking it a lot already.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Rendered Robots

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:00 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 8 2015, 03:53 AM</dd></dl><div>Sounds pretty good. Personally I'd cut the Armour Bonus down to 1 rather than 2 and apply it to both the Front and Back Wedges so that it has better all-round defence (Both on its chassis, and for when it's flipped over.), but other than that, I'm liking it a lot already.[/quote]I'm wondering how well it'll perform, should be at least the Top 6 looking at that robot

playzooki

Rendered Robots

Post by playzooki » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:37 am

shrek went 7-5 with almost the same stats, so you could have a chance of making the playoffs

NFX

Rendered Robots

Post by NFX » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:50 pm

If the idea is to work exactly the same inverted, I'd perhaps forego the Armour bonuses entirely, and just have 11 Armour everywhere. It should be more than enough to hold up against everything bar the slightly more ridiculous spinners.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Rendered Robots

Post by GF93 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jan 8 2015, 12:50 PM</dd></dl><div>If the idea is to work exactly the same inverted, I'd perhaps forego the Armour bonuses entirely, and just have 11 Armour everywhere. It should be more than enough to hold up against everything bar the slightly more ridiculous spinners.[/quote]Come to think of it actually, I'd say go for this.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Rendered Robots

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 8 2015, 01:20 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jan 8 2015, 12:50 PM</dd></dl><div>If the idea is to work exactly the same inverted, I'd perhaps forego the Armour bonuses entirely, and just have 11 Armour everywhere. It should be more than enough to hold up against everything bar the slightly more ridiculous spinners.[/quote]Come to think of it actually, I'd say go for this.[/quote]It is confirmed, I shall do it.