British Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:28 am

HW - Powerdrive MKII

Stats:
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 2
Weapon: 12
Armour: 7

The beast is back and is better than ever, having a major overhaul Powerdrive has become a lot stronger. The robot has the same dual discs but a much better motor to run on, the side skirts are now hinged in order to deliver better protection. the back panel of Powerdrive is there for extra protection and assisting to self right quickly when the shrimech is active. The front panel of Powerdrive has a hinged tip in front in order to get underneath whilst the previous version failed to do so. The tips on top of the robot helps it prevent from the drum to collide against the arena floor, they are there also to assist the robot to self right much quicker.

This robot could possible participate in future ARC tournaments.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue May 10, 2016 12:14 pm

LW - Padlock

This robot has a lifter/vertical crusher weapon in order to grab the opponents, the jaws itself can widen at a 45 degree angle outwards is order to broaden the opportunity to grab the opponent whilst the actual weapon that holds the claws can rotate in a 180 degree angle and it is a 2WD driven machine for better maneuverability, the front of the robot has a hinged shovel at the front for good protection.

The weapon can help the robot self right ins case it is turned over since the motors that control the weapon are strong enough to do the job.

Stats:
Speed: 6
Torque: 3
Armor: 10
Weapon: 7 (5 clamp, 5 lifter)
Last edited by British-Robotics on Tue May 10, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badnik96

British Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:22 pm

The crusher seems a little narrow. Other than that, this doesn't seem like an awful design.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

British Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue May 10, 2016 12:56 pm

It looks really cool- the pincers are very bug-like and intimidating, if a bit narrow
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue May 10, 2016 12:58 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>May 10 2016, 12:56 PM</dd></dl><div>It looks really cool- the pincers are very bug-like and intimidating, if a bit narrow[/quote]Hmm, how shall I broaden the crushers?

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue May 17, 2016 5:39 pm

SHW- Le-Mans Super

Le-Mans big brother "Super" has arrived and looks a lot menacing with a massive flipper based of the front wing of a Formula One car cross between a Touring Car from the back, The top of the weapon is curved in order to allow the robot to get extra assistance when self righting.

The robot has front headlights off an actual car and operating rear lights including the brake lights, indicator lights and reverse lights, the white lights turn on when the robot is reversing. The red light activate when slowing down and the orange indicators activate when it is turning. Unlike it's LW brother, "Super" is a 2WD that packs for of a punch.

Speed: 7
Traction: 5
Torque: 3
Weapon: 5
Armour: 10

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

British Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed May 18, 2016 9:53 am

That's fucking cool. I wish I could draw bots like that.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed May 18, 2016 10:11 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>May 18 2016, 09:53 AM</dd></dl><div>That's fucking cool. I wish I could draw bots like that.[/quote]What do you like about it, since it's almost based off a racing car :). I do have a good mind of creativity

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:18 am

OK, that is seriously cool. I reckon the rear spoiler as well could be quite effective for preventing it from tipping itself over with the flipper, ala Chaos 2 in Series 6. Overall, I'm really liking it- it looks cool, but at the same time should be an effective fighter.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun May 22, 2016 2:22 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 21 2016, 10:18 AM</dd></dl><div>OK, that is seriously cool. I reckon the rear spoiler as well could be quite effective for preventing it from tipping itself over with the flipper, ala Chaos 2 in Series 6. Overall, I'm really liking it- it looks cool, but at the same time should be an effective fighter. [/quote]That was the main purpose of the "massive" wing at the back, it's to help the robot stabilize or prevent from getting flipped onto it's back, 2WD makes it much harder for opponents totry and get a clean shot or flip on Super. The design was inspired after seeing a Le-Mans car and I noticed that the massive wing could be the vital part for the new SHW.

How are the stats on Super?

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon May 30, 2016 8:39 am

LW- Sweeper

<del>Speed: 6
Torque: 1
Weapon: 11
Armour: 8</del>

Stat Change:

Speed: 6
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armour: 7
Sweeper hoists a spinning horizontal disc that can at create some damage or make clean gashes on the opponent's armour. the side and back of the robot are hinged instead of static wedge panels in order to avoid getting caught when being lifted up.
Last edited by British-Robotics on Mon May 30, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NFX

British Robotics

Post by NFX » Mon May 30, 2016 8:48 am

Simple, neat and quite tidy. Good stuff.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>May 30 2016, 08:48 AM</dd></dl><div>Simple, neat and quite tidy. Good stuff.[/quote]Is the front of the robot alright?, not too exposed?

Badnik96

British Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:25 am

Reminds me a lot of Bad Wolf. With the right stats it could be a contender.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon May 30, 2016 12:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>May 30 2016, 11:25 AM</dd></dl><div>Reminds me a lot of Bad Wolf. With the right stats it could be a contender.[/quote]How are the current stats?