British Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:02 pm

There we go, the weapon in front now has a wedge tip :), so it should get some accurate flips
Last edited by British-Robotics on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Chemical Reaction II, now completely changed still a two wheeled bot. But now it hoists a horizontal spinner which goes at around 750rpm

NFX

British Robotics

Post by NFX » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:54 pm

It's a pretty competent design, for the most part. I think a second set of teeth at the top edge would help should it become inverted, and two-wheeled ring spinners almost never do well. Four wheels is what you want, gives you the stability and control you need for a design such as this one.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jul 29 2014, 04:54 PM</dd></dl><div>It's a pretty competent design, for the most part. I think a second set of teeth at the top edge would help should it become inverted, and two-wheeled ring spinners almost never do well. Four wheels is what you want, gives you the stability and control you need for a design such as this one.[/quote]Good point :).... Do you think I need to upgrade Terror-Dactyl?

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Jul 29 2014, 05:01 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jul 29 2014, 04:54 PM</dd></dl><div>It's a pretty competent design, for the most part. I think a second set of teeth at the top edge would help should it become inverted, and two-wheeled ring spinners almost never do well. Four wheels is what you want, gives you the stability and control you need for a design such as this one.[/quote]Good point :).... Do you think I need to upgrade Terror-Dactyl?[/quote]The main thing I can think of for improving Terror Dactyl would be to add a srimech and either keep the current 10 weapon power to give it 9 (-1 point so it can self-right.), or give it 11 if you wanted to keep the current power for the Piercer.

Chemical Reaction 2 looks pretty decent as well. I agree with Nick though, you should give it 4WD for improved control and stability.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:25 am

Terror-Dactyl II

The beast is back and better than it's previous predecessor, the wings have been completely transformed and are now well balanced to become schrimechs, the claw has been modified to suit the new chassis and body. It also includes the curved tips on top the claw to help the robot self right cleanly.

The claw can still hold a strong power but is decreased due to the schrimech

Speed: 7
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9 (previously 10 but changed due to the schrimech)
Armor: 7 (1 Point increase to strengthen the armor, was previously 6)
Last edited by British-Robotics on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NFX

British Robotics

Post by NFX » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:26 am

I really do like the looks of that. Rather narrow for my liking, but it should still perform reasonably well, especially with the new srimechs.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

British Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 am

Pretty cool actually. I'd agree with Nick though, the wedge at least looks a bit narrow but it looks more effective this time.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:36 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 10:29 AM</dd></dl><div>Pretty cool actually. I'd agree with Nick though, the wedge at least looks a bit narrow but it looks more effective this time.[/quote]Any way to fix the narrow wedge? I don't mind a critique :)

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

British Robotics

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 10:36 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 10:29 AM</dd></dl><div>Pretty cool actually. I'd agree with Nick though, the wedge at least looks a bit narrow but it looks more effective this time.[/quote]Any way to fix the narrow wedge? I don't mind a critique :)[/quote]You might consider making it a trapezoidal shape (with the wider side at the floor obviously ;) ).

Also "Team TBR"? Team Team British Robotics? Is that like Attack of the the Eye Creatures? :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:50 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 11:34 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 10:36 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 10:29 AM</dd></dl><div>Pretty cool actually. I'd agree with Nick though, the wedge at least looks a bit narrow but it looks more effective this time.[/quote]Any way to fix the narrow wedge? I don't mind a critique :)[/quote]You might consider making it a trapezoidal shape (with the wider side at the floor obviously ;) ).

Also "Team TBR"? Team Team British Robotics? Is that like Attack of the the Eye Creatures? :v: [/quote]I couldn't come up with a good name XD.

I'll have a think about the front wedge, are the stats on Terror-Dactyl good enough :) and what should Chemical Reaction 2's be?

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:52 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 11:34 AM</dd></dl><div>You might consider making it a trapezoidal shape (with the wider side at the floor obviously ;) ).[/quote]I'd go with this myself, and maybe make the back end slightly wider as well- if it's too narrow, there could be a risk of it being easy to knock over from the side.

Other than that though, I'm impressed- it's already shaping up to be a very solid crusher.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:57 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 11:52 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 11:34 AM</dd></dl><div>You might consider making it a trapezoidal shape (with the wider side at the floor obviously ;) ).[/quote]I'd go with this myself, and maybe make the back end slightly wider as well- if it's too narrow, there could be a risk of it being easy to knock over from the side.

Other than that though, I'm impressed- it's already shaping up to be a very solid crusher.[/quote]Thank you, come to think of it.. you mentioned about the back, I best fix that too... I'll keep on posting different designs for the wedge and back.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

British Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:02 pm

I'm going to second Chemical Reaction 2 getting two more wheels, every time there's a 2WD ring spinner here it fails horribly for design-related reasons.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jul 30 2014, 12:02 PM</dd></dl><div>I'm going to second Chemical Reaction 2 getting two more wheels, every time there's a 2WD ring spinner here it fails horribly for design-related reasons.[/quote]Fixed the wheel issue on CR2, Realisticly he would compleetly struggle for control since the spinning ring is going at 750rpm at rate. I'll upload it.