Team Targeted

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Siphai

Team Targeted

Post by Siphai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:27 am

Dr. P version 103.0.2 the final version

I'll probably use hte big wheels design I posted earlier for something else.

Siphai

Team Targeted

Post by Siphai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:27 am

This one is ACTUALLY fully invertible unlike the old Dr. P design that kinda rested on two/three wheels + the axehead.

Siphai

Team Targeted

Post by Siphai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:29 am

The hammer is weak now - Dr. P is more of a grabby lifter than a power hammer that it was before (the power hammer role is going to be taken by Hephaestus). The hammers are redesigned to increase the amount of friction so it grabs onto the opponent better, rather than doing any damage.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Team Targeted

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:30 am

Hey, it's Malaria!
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Badnik96

Team Targeted

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:51 am

reminds me of The Gladiator.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Siphai

Team Targeted

Post by Siphai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:56 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 14 2015, 11:51 AM</dd></dl><div>reminds me of The Gladiator.[/quote]Heh, its weird. Usually I've got a key inspiration in mind when making something but here I was just kinda fucking around constantly in CAD to see what looked good. I wasn't very satisfied with the Big Wheels version, even though I do kinda like the shape of its chassis and will probably end up using it for something else.

Siphai

Team Targeted

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:16 pm

NFX

Team Targeted

Post by NFX » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:19 am

That thing rocks. Especially the yellow and black paintjob.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Badnik96

Team Targeted

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:08 am

Hello there Bite Force. Looking good there.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Siphai

Team Targeted

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:35 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jul 23 2015, 07:08 AM</dd></dl><div>Hello there Bite Force. Looking good there.[/quote]Yeah Bite Force was the inspiration for this one. Kinda interesting to look at all the pictures and see how it works. The only cockup here is that the claw is attached directly to the axle, when it should be on an axle that's on a separate platform attached to the original axle, allowing the claw to open and close normally, as well as rotate with the lifter.

Of course, I didn't feel like fixing it and everyone can just use their imagination lol.

I guess this could also be seen as a 'fixing' of Rise over Run, which I never cared for once I'd finished it (I thought it was pretty clunky and the claws sucked).

This will have an anti-spinner attachment I guess. I don't really want to make one, but I'd be stupid not to. I've never been a big fan of attachments, but at least our system is a little more reasonable than the shit they let fly in RW or BB.

I like that I got the yellow and black to work here, since I nearly gave up on it because it looked kinda ugly originally.

I'm kinda pleased by how the lifters came out but I think I might try to fix them somewhere along the line. I'm really happy that the claw came out how I wanted though. The design itself is pretty normal - Bite Force didn't invent it, but the claw on Bite Force was cool looking so I tried doing the same thing here. If I did it again, I think I have a better plan for how I'd do it, but I like it how it is for now (especially the 'eyes' near the tips of the claws).

The side wedges should probably be fixed at some point. I don't hate how they came out, but I also think I can make it look more interesting than that. They're fixed-hinged, so they'll rest against the ground, but they have an upper limit to their hinge as to support the lifter when it tries to pick something up so it ain't tip over.

That's about it.

Siphai

Team Targeted

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 am

This is an older version that I shrunk down

http://imgur.com/a/nidBd

Way too wide

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Targeted

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:09 am

Sick. Reminds me a lot of a cross between Bite Force and the most recent version of Hephaestus.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Siphai

Team Targeted

Post by Siphai » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:26 pm

BEES

Team Targeted

Post by BEES » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:08 pm

It's like Bite Force and Stinger merged into one bot. You seem to always find a way to make your bots slightly more solid each time. Looks great.