Even more cruelty to animals

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:22 pm

So, I'm not exactly the paragon of innovation or coming up with different bots at all.... part of it is just simply because I try to be original. Cow Tipper was original (despite being inspired by a CD case), Underminer's usage of obtuse angles was original. Brushhog's grinding teeth on the underside of the disc was an original twist on the classic STEVEout, etc. I try to be as original in some regard. Not always successful in that endeavor, nor are my innovations always successful in the arena.

All that said, I'm not sure if this something I'll actually roll out, but the novelty intrigues me enough to share.

It doesn't have to be a drumbot, but it could be. But I like the idea of having the "hinged" wedge hanging loosely on the axle. Would this cause serious driving problems? I hope not, cuz I like the idea of using the main body as a weapon, , but still being able to hinge a wedge on there.

So, in the words of David Letterman.... is this something?

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:54 am

Looks cool.

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:30 am

Definitely intriguing, but I don't believe this will work. If the wedge was fixed, then it would be a feasible design, but being hinged, there's no support apart from the wheels, and nothing to stop the drive wheels just spinning the chassis rather than moving the robot.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:37 am

That's an interesting point.

For my part one thing I would say is that I'd have the wedge look thicker. As it is now it looks like active weapon bots and hazards would have an easier time warping it up.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Reminds me of one of Nick F's old CAD bots. They're even both purple :P
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Apr 29 2014, 01:45 PM</dd></dl><div>Reminds me of one of Nick F's old CAD bots. They're even both purple :P[/quote]Death by Purple?

I'd be happy to let Philip have it if he wanted, I'm probably never going to use it.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:57 pm

It would make a good new version of Dancing Headless&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:04 pm

So the chassis is inside the drum?
Last edited by V900 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:10 pm

Yeah, logistics have never been my strong suit, but I was kind of thinking what if we turned a shell spinner sideways?

As for the wedge... it's not "hinged" in the conventional sense. More like hanging freely. Think of a rod through, for example, a scissors-handle... and the half of the scissors would be the wedge-ish. You get what I'm saying though. That's how I planned it.

And Josh, that wedge is thicker than most wedges people stick on their bots. Just give the bot a six armor, claim +2 for the hinged wedge, and it'll hold up just fine. :P