Team Obscure

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Team Obscure

Post by Mystic2000 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:37 am

Here is my FRR SHW: GreenWar

GreenWar is a Rectangular shaped robot with hinged skirting all around, the weapon system consist of 2 forward-hinged flipping panels at each side of the bot, don't worry about their power the SHW weight limit allowed them to be powered by a huge air ram capable surely of tossing another bot into a hasard, and the central rectangle prevents them from getting over it, the bot simply brings the opponent to hasard and then exect them into it with the flipper
Last edited by Mystic2000 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Team Obscure

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Looks nice. Kind of a cross between PyRAMidroid and Strange Brew. I can see it winning a few battles.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Siphai

Team Obscure

Post by Siphai » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Looks pretty decent. The shade of green kinda obscures it a little bit, though, can we see some more angles?

MassimoV

Team Obscure

Post by MassimoV » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Yeah, I can't tell what this is.

Mystic2000

Team Obscure

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:49 am

Hello there guys, say hello to the new recruit of Team Obscure straight from the garage: WarWolf

WarWolf is a MW robot that is using a flipper panel similar that the ones from GreenWar, this one however is powerful enough to let the bot do a nice frontflip and land nicely on it's wheels, it won't happen 100% of the time thought, that amazing powerr comes with a price, in that case it's quite low armor and traction, yet he still managed to keed decent speed and torque, it is quite wedgy too, yet he doesn't really like spinners, espicially undercutters, as the tend to damage the wedge, ruining it.

playzooki

Team Obscure

Post by playzooki » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:19 am

Looks ok. Make the flipper closer to the front, so its easier to flip robots

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Obscure

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:50 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mystic2000</dt><dd>Feb 15 2014, 09:49 AM</dd></dl><div>Hello there guys, say hello to the new recruit of Team Obscure straight from the garage: WarWolf

WarWolf is a MW robot that is using a flipper panel similar that the ones from GreenWar, this one however is powerful enough to let the bot do a nice frontflip and land nicely on it's wheels, it won't happen 100% of the time thought, that amazing powerr comes with a price, in that case it's quite low armor and traction, yet he still managed to keed decent speed and torque, it is quite wedgy too, yet he doesn't really like spinners, espicially undercutters, as the tend to damage the wedge, ruining it.[/quote]Hello&#33; So I see you like front-hinged Flippers. :cool:

Design looks to be pretty solid as well, but I can give you a few pointers on the stats-
1) For a Front-Hinged Flipper, a power level of around 3-5 should be sufficient. If it's higher already, you could drop it a little so that you can have points for other things, like the Armour and Traction.

2) Even with only a few spinners about, Armour is a very good thing to have. It'll help protect you from things besides your opponent's weaponry, such as hazards and having your machine's internal parts shaken loose by hard impacts from things like Rammers.

3) It's nice to see you've got the Speed and Torque down already, but at the same time, Traction is also a very important factor. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't just dictate how well you stick to the ground- though that is a big part as well, since it allows you to better recover from big hits by things like Spinners. It also allows you to have better acceleration and control over your machine, so you'll be able to better bring the Flipper into use.
Traction is always something I've considered to be very important when making robots. One proverb that I always work to is Power is nothing without control.

It might also be a good idea to think of a way you can protect yourself from Spinners if they do affect the chances of the design as much as said. Something like Shadow Zone Forever's rear scoop or Dreadnought Mk2's angled rear Wedge might work well for helping to deflect them.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Mystic2000

Team Obscure

Post by Mystic2000 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Hello there,anyways new SHW cause GreenWar sucks

S7 Shadow is a wedge shape with a small drum with S7 tool stell tooth spinning at 4000 RPM, this huge spin speed allows it to lift bots not so badly and cause quite nice damage, it is invertible too, and have nice armor, and decent traction, spped and torque, so if the drum is gone i can still push enemies around/into hasards

Planned Stats:

10 Weapon
3 Traction
5 Speed
3 Torque
7 Armor

prince palatine

Team Obscure

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Looks alright mate, but it does seem very long. I'd reduce the length of it somewhat but other than that it looks alright.

Mystic2000

Team Obscure

Post by Mystic2000 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:09 am

New LW: Vitriolic Withering

Vitriolic Withering is 2WD Speedy Invertible Robot With a Bi-Directional (just like IG-88 s'Blade) Drum and a front reinforced plow kind of thing for extra protection, quite Fast and pushy, grippy too, a good blend of offense, defense and agility

Planned Stats are here so you comment them:

10 Weapon
6 Speed
3 Traction
5 Armor(+ 1 Front Plow)
4 Torque

New HW: Exploforce

Exploforce is a Brick, i mean really, 6 Wheel Drive powerhouse and monster of speed power and traction, with a twist: a Jackhammer powered tool steel hammerhead ala Roter Orsche, here shown in extended position, while retracted ot only pokes out of the chassis a few millimeters, this weapon can be pretty devastating combined with the great pushing power of the machine that wields it

Planned Stats:

8 Weapon
6 Speed
6 Armor
3 Traction
5 Torque
Last edited by Mystic2000 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Team Obscure

Post by V900 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:03 pm

lol @ "brick" with only 6 armor.

NFX

Team Obscure

Post by NFX » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:18 pm

With the jackhammer-style weapon, I'd give it quite a blunt point, similar to those you see on glass-breaking hammers. That would concentrate all the force in one place, rather than spreading it around, thus causing more visible damage.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Mystic2000

Team Obscure

Post by Mystic2000 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Hello there back to CAD'ing with an update to Vitriolic Withering

Now the weapon is a disc and the plow is replacet by a back wedge that can hopefully deflect spinners

Planned stats (this one is gonna be part of my Crazy Bots team)

10 Weapon
5 Speed
4 Traction
6 Armor
3 Torque

playzooki

Team Obscure

Post by playzooki » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Nice cad.

Do you plan on making it pushy? If not, put the torque to 1, and use the 2 points somewhere else.

Mystic2000

Team Obscure

Post by Mystic2000 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:16 pm

well the 3 torque is mostly last resort if spinner breaks down, so i can push other bots
into hasards

btw the goal of this was to replace Robotnik as "king of LW spinners" but that is maybe a bit too ambitous for a n00b like me XD