Team Ectogasm's workshop

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 07:03 PM</dd></dl><div>Hey look GF&#33; It's your final resting place&#33; :v:[/quote]It's something I've considered certainly, but I've already decided on a Viking Funeral. :P

Glory and fame
Blood is our name
Souls full of thunder
Hearts of steel

Killers of men
A warrior's friend
Sworn to avenge our fallen brothers

Sons of the Gods, today we shall die
Open Valhalla's door
Let the battle begin, with swords in the wind
Hail, Gods of War&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Aside from the whole 360-degree turret pulverizer thing (that I honestly think is a little complex for an arena hazard), I like the arena. The compressors especially, it reminds me of that one arena in RA2.

While on vacation this week I think I'll draw up an arena for LoRE season 2. Yes it's happening (with hopefully less schedule issues and more on time results :P )
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 07:37 PM</dd></dl><div>LoRE Season 2. Yes it's happening (with hopefully less schedule issues and more on time results :P )[/quote]No offence, but I'll pass.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 07:54 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 07:37 PM</dd></dl><div>LoRE Season 2. Yes it's happening (with hopefully less schedule issues and more on time results :P )[/quote]No offence, but I'll pass.[/quote]Why's that, chum?
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Badnik96

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:18 pm

because he thinks i fixed the results so he wouldnt get anyone in the playoffs, even though i didnt write for half the season
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 08:47 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 07:54 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 07:37 PM</dd></dl><div>LoRE Season 2. Yes it's happening (with hopefully less schedule issues and more on time results :P )[/quote]No offence, but I'll pass.[/quote]Why's that, chum?[/quote]Please don't blow up at me for saying this, but I don't really think that the results were judged as professionally as they usually are on here, nor was Badnik as committed as he could've been. From what I recall, didn't he stop writing after about two weeks or so?

And I know you're thinking- "You have no right to say that because you didn't finish DoW, so shut the fuck up". The only reason I had to postpone that was due to IRL commitments, especially with College and University, but I aim to continue, or at least restart it, in May- that's when my First Term finishes.

But it's just personal view- if there's a way to ensure it's judged the same way as ARC competitions usually are on here, then I'd be perfectly happy to enter again. I just want to be sure that it's done more fairly this time.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>nor was Badnik as committed as he could've been.[/quote]By his own admission, this is pretty much true.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>but I don't really think that the results were judged as professionally as they usually are on here[/quote]Considering that since Badnik was off staff a good chunk of the tournament, it ended up with basically the same staff as every other tourny. I'm not really sure where you're getting that from.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:57 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 09:22 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>but I don't really think that the results were judged as professionally as they usually are on here[/quote]Considering that since Badnik was off staff a good chunk of the tournament, it ended up with basically the same staff as every other tourny. I'm not really sure where you're getting that from.[/quote]I'm not sure where exactly, but there did also seem to be quite a few things being introduced that were never issues before- like for instance Cryoseism catching fire after getting hit twice, or Conqueror's tyres suddenly being vulnerable to killsaws. As far back as I remember, nobody else died that way, and it just felt a bit like it had been made up only for that.

And likewise, that whole decision at the end with Punch Buggy and Bulletproof Bomb- from what I read on the Skype chat, wasn't the majority of the staff in favour of putting Bomb through?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 09:57 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 09:22 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>but I don't really think that the results were judged as professionally as they usually are on here[/quote]Considering that since Badnik was off staff a good chunk of the tournament, it ended up with basically the same staff as every other tourny. I'm not really sure where you're getting that from.[/quote]I'm not sure where exactly, but there did also seem to be quite a few things being introduced that were never issues before- like for instance Cryoseism catching fire after getting hit twice, or Conqueror's tyres suddenly being vulnerable to killsaws. As far back as I remember, nobody else died that way, and it just felt a bit like it had been made up only for that.

And likewise, that whole decision at the end with Punch Buggy and Bulletproof Bomb- from what I read on the Skype chat, wasn't the majority of the staff in favour of putting Bomb through?[/quote]In response to the Conqueror's tyres thing. People have been defeated by killsaw KO in the past. 1 Hit Wonder and even Klarinette to name a few. Klarinette got Killsaw KO'ed back in Blazing Ruin. Just wanted to get that one out there, while it's a rare occurrence, it does happen.

And in terms of Buggy vs Bomb, I have no idea what went down on Skype. (Seeming as I wasn't there that day, college night or something) but whilst the staff were in favour of Bomb he still lost. If it was a playoff match, then having the majority of the staff backing you in the fight would have got you the victory. If I was writing it, Bomb may or may not have won as it was a close contest. But Badnik saw it differently. While I do admit some of his results were a little questionable (Such as Dr P vs Zombie Killer for example) I don't think he was out to cheat you in any way, shape or form. It was just a luck of the draw thing. Considering the fact the match ended 23-22, it still could have gone either way.

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:25 pm

With the bit on being KOed by the Killsaws, I suppose that's fair enough. Since then though, that's why I always make sure to mention what my tyres are made of, to prevent similar incidents- now I only use tyres that can run flat, or at least are highly resilient to Killsaw blades.

But yes, I think it's that whole thing with Badnik eliminating Bomb last time that makes me not want to enter- if it was a majority in my favour, then logically I should have won, but apparently judges' decisions can be overridden by him. If you can overrule the decisions of your own appointed judges, then that honestly defeats the purpose of having them. And if that is indeed the case, then what's to say he won't do it again?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 10:25 PM</dd></dl><div>With the bit on being KOed by the Killsaws, I suppose that's fair enough. Since then though, that's why I always make sure to mention what my tyres are made of, to prevent similar incidents- now I only use tyres that can run flat, or at least are highly resilient to Killsaw blades.

But yes, I think it's that whole thing with Badnik eliminating Bomb last time that makes me not want to enter- if it was a majority in my favour, then logically I should have won, but apparently judges' decisions can be overridden by him. If you can overrule the decisions of your own appointed judges, then that honestly defeats the purpose of having them. And if that is indeed the case, then what's to say he won't do it again?[/quote]But the judges scorecards during regular season aren't decided by us as a whole, Badnik decided the scores himself. If he wanted to rob you of your spot, I'm sure he would have done much worse that make you go out 23-22. He could have made it 38-7 or even a quick KO if he wanted too. Just because the judges back you doesn't mean you're a lock to win. I've been backed by Kody and Josh in plenty of matches that I have lost. But that's just the way it goes man.

And if it's any consolation here (Without trying to come off as offensive) I'm not a 100% sure if Bomb could have made it further than the quarters, what with bots like Parasite, ToC and Shadow Zone Forever there. But you could have pulled it off, not saying it would be an impossibility, but the odds would have been stacked against you.

That Kode Guy

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Excuse me??? Are you sure you do not want to rethink your words here? You clearly haven't been listening close enough if you think Bomb got cheated here. It was Badnik's tournament, and he had the final say; it is his right. Furthermore that was a regular season match, and we never have decided a regular season match as a group. I'm not going to order him to change his decision, and nor will anybody else. You came onto Skype complaining about the Bomb result, but nobody was going to rewrite the damn match, even if they agreed with you.

This logic dumbfounds me.

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 10:36 PM</dd></dl><div>And if it's any consolation here (Without trying to come off as offensive) I'm not a 100% sure if Bomb could have made it further than the quarters, what with bots like Parasite, ToC and Shadow Zone Forever there. But you could have pulled it off, not saying it would be an impossibility, but the odds would have been stacked against you.[/quote]Thing is though, I wasn't intending to necessarily go much further. It would've been nice sure, but all I wanted was to make the Playoffs with at least one robot, so I could keep the accolade of making the playoffs each and every time I've entered. And because of Badnik and that one point, I lost it, and that's why I was so upset by the result. I'm not saying it should be changed now, but as many "shut the fuck ups" as I'm probably going to get for thinking this way about it, I do honestly feel I got swindled.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 10:45 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 10:36 PM</dd></dl><div>And if it's any consolation here (Without trying to come off as offensive) I'm not a 100% sure if Bomb could have made it further than the quarters, what with bots like Parasite, ToC and Shadow Zone Forever there. But you could have pulled it off, not saying it would be an impossibility, but the odds would have been stacked against you.[/quote]Thing is though, I wasn't intending to necessarily go much further. It would've been nice sure, but all I wanted was to make the Playoffs with at least one robot, so I could keep the accolade of making the playoffs each and every time I've entered. And because of Badnik and that one point, I lost it, and that's why I was so upset by the result. I'm not saying it should be changed now, but as many "shut the fuck ups" as I'm probably going to get for thinking this way about it, I do honestly feel I got swindled.[/quote]Many people feel they have been cheated over the years. The feeling isn't really foreign to us. I'm sure there are times when I myself, Kody, Josh and Chris have all felt cheated or that something could have gone the other way. But we kept them to ourselves, and in rare occurrences, the guy that won will sometimes ask for the decision to be overturned, much like I did back in FRR Dead Zone. There are plenty of bad days man, we all go through playoff drought seasons. It took me two seasons to make my first playoffs and 3 years to become a legitimate challenger to titles, and I'm sure at some point I will end up hitting that rough patch, but then I'll claw my way back up. Bad seasons come and go man, remember back in CBBR? Chris missed the playoffs for like the first time in over 7 or something years, but he was calm, cool and thought "Oh well, maybe next time". Don't worry about LoRE, there is always a next time man, and if that tournament goes ill, there is always a next tournament to look forward to. Don't do this solely for titles and glory, do it because you love the sport.
Last edited by prince palatine on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 13 2014, 10:54 PM</dd></dl><div>Many people feel they have been cheated over the years. The feeling isn't really foreign to us. I'm sure there are times when I myself, Kody, Josh and Chris have all felt cheated or that something could have gone the other way. But we kept them to ourselves, and in rare occurrences, the guy that won will sometimes ask for the decision to be overturned, much like I did back in FRR Dead Zone. There are plenty of bad days man, we all go through playoff drought seasons. It took me two seasons to make my first playoffs and 3 years to become a legitimate challenger to titles, and I'm sure at some point I will end up hitting that rough patch, but then I'll claw my way back up. Bad seasons come and go man, remember back in CBBR? Chris missed the playoffs for like the first time in over 7 or something years, but he was calm, cool and thought "Oh well, maybe next time". Don't worry about LoRE, there is always a next time man, and if that tournament goes ill, there is always a next tournament to look forward to. Don't do this solely for titles and glory, do it because you love the sport.[/quote]I'll add an addendum to that. When writers set out to make a match, they usually take a look at the stats, designs, and RPs, and try to envision the scenario happening in their head. Which means they decide the match before they actually start writing the result. So in cases like Bomb vs. PB, Badnik was already going to have you lose, but by a very tight margin. Now you have to understand that; while the result may have looked sketchy and in Bulletproof Bomb's favour, he pretty much intended from the get-go that Punch Buggy was going to win. Maybe that's an error on his part, and you're free to call him out on that, but don't think he's going to rewrite the summary/fight itself. I'll even give a different example. Cutie Honey vs. Terminal Velocity in Ruination 1. Josh sent me that result, and I didn't agree with the fight. I agreed with the result, but the categories were off, and I told him so. So he re-arranged the categories. There was no way in hell he would change the winner of the fight because he had predetermined that Terminal Velocity had won the fight, and I was not stupid enough to try it.

That said, I do sympathize with you when it comes to not making the play-offs, because it has happened to me before. Not in a way I would have preferred, but it has happened and made my record look like shit. That's fine. I came back from it and look where I am now. 5th overall. To be honest, though, I don't really care so much anymore about winning as I do having fun with different designs like Parental Advisory or Mimete or Transgression or w/e. If you want to have fun, you make designs you feel good about, and then just roll with them. It doesn't have to always be about winning. Egotistical pricks like Tony will bleat otherwise, but they're most definitely incorrect. I thought Marauder was a good robot, he just ended up on the wrong side of the stick. So did Scarab, twice; now look what happened to him. You can do it, Alex, don't lose heart so easily, and don't let people stop you from having fun. It's not their intent anyway.