Team Ectogasm's workshop

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 08:49 PM</dd></dl><div>lol
If you are removing all the attachments to fight a spinner your bot is going to be substantially lighter than your opponent. If I'm a spinner fighting you I'm literally begging for you to do that just so it's that much easier to smack your underweight ass into the next world.

And if you're removing the back wedges to fight other rammers why the fuck do you even have them in the first place? :v:[/quote]I think you missed the part where I said "Or keep the wedges and remove the attachments from the plow" :v:

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Alright, after it's ruffled a few feathers about balance and weight. I'll switch Epicdemic back to the way it was in the second bottom post of page 2, except I'll fill in that front wedge attachment to be a full wedge and that will be the only attachment on it.

What am I gonna do with the one that ruffled feathers? I'm keeping it of course, gonna use it as the new Merry Hampton. I'll explain more about it during the afternoon. As it's 4;30AM here and I'm fucking knackered.

Well, at least that's Merry sorted for No Mercy then :)

MassimoV

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by MassimoV » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:39 pm

lol the thing's got stage 4 cancer

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:15 pm

there is truly an epidemic

sadly lian's new lw got infected

1 like = 1 prayer
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:55 pm

With Epicdemic going back to the look on page 2, I decided to keep the controversial one and decide to fix some of the problems it was having. It has been bumped up the the MW division and is the new Merry Hampton

And here he is, Merry Hampton: British Railways Edition 2&#33; As noted, many of the problems have been fixed. The side wedge attachments have gone, it's gone back down to 4WD and loses one of the back wedges to cut down on weight problems it had. The front plow is now a full wedge, with a chunk of the ABR wedge being cut out to fit the attachment in as one solid piece for ramming slamming and bamming. And with the two wedges at the back, Merry can now fight properly inverted&#33;

Thanks to Kody for helping with weight trimming suggestions.

Soo.... Thoughts?

playzooki

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by playzooki » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Will be hard to fight. too bad someone else is gonna have to tank spinners...

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:07 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Jan 26 2014, 01:55 PM</dd></dl><div>With Epicdemic going back to the look on page 2, I decided to keep the controversial one and decide to fix some of the problems it was having. It has been bumped up the the MW division and is the new Merry Hampton

And here he is, Merry Hampton: British Railways Edition 2&#33; As noted, many of the problems have been fixed. The side wedge attachments have gone, it's gone back down to 4WD and loses one of the back wedges to cut down on weight problems it had. The front plow is now a full wedge, with a chunk of the ABR wedge being cut out to fit the attachment in as one solid piece for ramming slamming and bamming. And with the two wedges at the back, Merry can now fight properly inverted&#33;

Thanks to Kody for helping with weight trimming suggestions.

Soo.... Thoughts?[/quote]Awesomeness, looks like it'll be a beast to fight.

I'd say he looks more LNER with the Apple Green livery he's got going on, though. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:40 pm

I can't tell if the rear wedges are inverted or not, and if they are, those top teeth are gonna hurt invertability.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NFX » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Still looks like the Starship Enterprise.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Siphai

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jan 27 2014, 01:15 PM</dd></dl><div>Still looks like the Starship Enterprise.[/quote]Funny. You'd think V'Ger would be the closest looking robot to that.

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:44 pm

Also, something I had been meaning to give the original Merry Hampton actually, due to the shape of the plough-
Merry Hampton LNER, in a nice Garter Blue with Chrome Lining and fancy etched nameplates. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Alrighty, now that Curse is being sent back into the workshop for a new look, and the fact that Pulse is a placeholder. This leaves the SHW place in my team for No Mercy in question. F-Dynasty is sitting out until New Breed City to defend it's crown. I have designed this new rammer in hopes of good things in that weight class this season as I aim to make my team as solid as I possibly can.

And here he is&#33; Currently unnamed at the moment and is going under the working title of Stabstract, a play on the word abstract. He's meant to be a fast tracked rammer with good armour aplenty. Taking a page out of Eurypterus' playbook, it features a very similar wedge at the front with the single point to get under rammers much more handily. Can be swapped out for a Fulcrum-like plow to handle spinners and the like. Has Underall piano wedges at the back to defend from a rear assault. The plow and the wedge work inverted. The side view is there cause I know Kody keeps asking me to put side views on :P It basically shows the height of the fangs and the piano wedges.

What do you think guys? Any name suggestions?

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Yes, I have a name.

Another Fucking Rammer OOOURRRRGGGHHH
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by GF93 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Looks like Rufus Stone got his hands on those healthy Purpleberries. :P

Seriously though- it looks very tough, and it's always nice to see tracks continue to be represented here. With the adaptable weapons, it definitely should be quite a good contender once it's in there.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 5 2014, 02:34 PM</dd></dl><div>Yes, I have a name.

Another Fucking Rammer OOOURRRRGGGHHH[/quote]Oookay then... any serious suggestions? :P