The Weathered Isle

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
PyroTechnica
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

The Weathered Isle

Post by PyroTechnica » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Euler

Euler looked around, for a rope, and then for something to give him a fixed unit. Finding the middle of the hypotenuse would be easy, but to find the root height, he

Alexjh
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

The Weathered Isle

Post by Alexjh » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 am

Khutulun

"I apologise o great spirit - I am new to this land and do not know your people or their ways. Great Spirit, are you able to bestow your wisdom on me - I know not how or why I came to this place?"

User avatar
Madman
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Fighting in the shade

The Weathered Isle

Post by Madman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:36 am

<big>Western Castaways</big> (forest) - Leonidas I, Leonhard Euler, Edward the Confessor, Theodora, Khutulun, Julie D'Aubigny

Leonidas sprints back to the ruined village without incident, though he can't shake the feeling that he's being watched and he remains alert and ready to fight should the need arise. The moment that he arrives, he shouts for the others to follow him to the red figurine so that they will be able to communicate.

Having heard an alarming noise down by the river, Theodora decides that she can leave the idol for the time being to get a better look. Knowledge is power, and so it is something that she must have. Trying to make her way there quietly, for she can't help but feel as if there is more to this forest than there appears to be, she notices the English king gazing intently downstream, sword drawn. Wary of shouting, she tries to give him a wide berth until she is in his field of vision.

Julie pokes around the cabin for a little while, but doesn't find much of interest aside from some scales, empty burlap sacks, and measuring equipment of various sorts on a table in a corner and the frame of a bed sans mattress. Her investigation is interrupted, however, by a loud voice urging her to come outside quickly. It's that Spartan soldier. He's still speaking what Julie assumes is a dialect of ancient Greek, but oddly, she can understand him perfectly.

Edward draws his sword and approaches carefully. Like something out of a sailor's yarn, a great sea serpent rises from the water, gorging itself on the carcass of a horse. He can see the Hunnic woman from the group that he arrived with seemingly lost for words when it speaks: "It is rude to sneak up on people while they are eating, child..." Edward himself is taken aback, and crosses himself. Then, he hears a rustling in the bushes behind him and to his left.

<big>Eastern Castaways</big> (desert) - Joshua Chamberlain, Yi Sun-sin, Bodhidharma, Zhu Meichuo, Albert Camus, Theodore Roosevelt

With Admiral Yi, Theodore, and Lawrence gathered at the figurine, Meichuo leads the other two members of their group there. She is visibly exhausted, having run back and forth four times already and not being especially used to physically demanding activity, despite her youth. Along the way, the group are fairly sure that they can hear the yip yip howl of coyotes in the distance but, despite the frayed nerves that they cause, the mangy canines don't make an appearance.

Albert has struggled to find any sense to this entire...debacle since arriving, and has spent an inordinate amount of time thinking instead of acting. He can see that the rich Chinese girl is struggling in a more physical sense, but she manages to get him and the monk to this mysterious figurine. It's like something out of a science fiction pulp and a Tolkien novel combined. Roosevelt, the Civil War soldier, and the middle-aged Asian man are there. The latter tells him in what he supposes is not Chinese to make contact with the statue by throwing something at it.

Bodhidharma has been forced to break his meditation, but the monk makes his way nimbly over the rugged terrain, following the young, well-dressed woman who introduces herself as Meichuo along the way. Her Chinese is odd - seemingly a Northern dialect - but there's something else odd about it as well that he can't place. There is the howl of something that sounds like wolves along the way, but it is distant. Before long, they come upon the red statuette and the other members of the group. One of the - he assumes - Europeans addresses him in a strange language, but he is able to understand it. "You'll need to toss something at the figure."

Her work finally finished, Meichuo finds a boulder and sits on it, drinking a bit more water. In the distance, she notices something glimmer in the moonlight and, glancing up at the twin moons, notices that the smaller, reddish one has already shifted phase. It was nearly full before and is now noticeably less.

Seeing as everyone seems to be able to understand him now, Admiral Yi speaks up. This is a truly bizarre circumstance, fraught with unwelcome danger, opacity, and a general interruption to the very important work that he was doing and that he suspects some of these others were as well. "Well, now that we all seem to be gathered here and able to communicate with each other or soon to be able, I think it would be best to introduce ourselves and our abilities and formulate a plan. We have yet to choose somebody to give the finding power to."

<big>Alonso de Contreras</big> (Silent Sister)

Alonso has nearly reached shore when his boat grounds on some rocks and he is forced to climb out into knee-deep water. During this time, a group of the mist-wraiths reach him. He is able to dispel three of them with his paddle, but a fourth grabs him by the head, opens its mouth unnaturally wide, and shrieks in his face before plunging him with incredible force into the water. Alonso's head hits the bottom of the lake and he begins to suffocate. He struggles for purchase. He is able to grab hold of some rocks and he can either push himself towards shore, a mere few yards away, or try to fight back.
ARC Record: 420-1

Pretty much the best person on ARC

Mole55
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

The Weathered Isle

Post by Mole55 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:24 am

Why the hell could she understand Greek? She'd never learnt it. Oh well, I might as well follow him.

PyroTechnica
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

The Weathered Isle

Post by PyroTechnica » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Angry at having been left out of the last update entirely, Euler continues searching for measuring equipment out of spite. Leonidas also continues trying to find everyone and get them to the language statue. (No things for each character coz such a short post)

User avatar
Madman
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Fighting in the shade

The Weathered Isle

Post by Madman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:45 am

<big>Western Castaways</big> (forest) - Julie D'Aubigny, Leonidas I, Leonhard Euler, Khutulun

Poking around a storage shed, Leonhard is able to find a fishing net, which could prove useful in other ways, some jars, and a few planks of wood cut to matching lengths of about one and a half feet. Then, suddenly, he hears the Spartan king shouting. Oddly, he can understand the man's ancient Greek despite being unable to really speak it whatsoever. The Spartan is urging him to follow, posthaste. He seems to have found something that'll allow them to communicate.

Leonidas has managed to find one of the group that he came with, though she appears excessively confused as to how she can understand the tongue that he speaks when she could not before. However, none of the others seem to have emerged, particularly the fellow who has the air of a philosopher about him. Leonidas cannot afford to wait too long.

Julie decides to follow the Spartan, but he seems to be looking for others. She remembers that the scientist seemed to have been looking for something. Perhaps she may be able to help him so that they can all get moving.

The sea serpent seems almost to...smile. There is something unsettling about it and Khutulun gathers that perhaps this is not a being to be wholly trusted. "Yes," it rumbles, "let's play a game, shall we?" It tears another strip from the horse and chokes it down greedily before continuing. "There are hundreds of horses to the north of this place, along a plane. I have seen them. They appeared yesterday. It has been many years since I have enjoyed the flesh of this creature. Each day, should you bring me one, I will bestow upon you something that I know of this place. Should you bring me something more than a horse, perhaps the gift which you receive will be greater than mere knowledge. In my infinite generosity, I will consider this your first offering." The serpent tears into the horse again and continues after a moment. "You have been brought here by the Gardeners. You are part of a game. A game in which people die."
ARC Record: 420-1

Pretty much the best person on ARC

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

The Weathered Isle

Post by MadBull » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:49 am

Albert Camus and Bodhidharma, almost in unison, find a rock beneath them to throw. Yes these men are very different, but at this moment, they have the same goal, and see the same way to achieve it. Bodhidharma is still upset his meditation got interrupted, inside he is so furious he could cut something right now, but that aside, he is also in excellent physical shape, and demonstrates that by holding his rock firmly, striking an athletic pose to throw it. He looks around, the others here aren't athletes, not at all. Once he can communicate a bit better, he will do what is needed to change that.

Camus is not the martial artist that Bodhidharma is, but in good condition all the same, having been a promising goalkeeper for his club, Racing Universitaire d'Alger, twice winner of the North African Champions Cup and the North African Cup, in his native Algeria. He could throw things alright.

PyroTechnica
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

The Weathered Isle

Post by PyroTechnica » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:41 am

Euler takes the planks and the fishing net, then runs out to find the spartan

Leonidas explains to Julie, and Euler when he arrives, that you through a thing at the idol, and it lets others understand you. He then adds that it has a timer. He then shows them where it is.

Euler goes with the spartan and throws a thing at the idol, then suggests to Julie that they can gain extra time if they wait for the timer to get to a lower amount (15 min left or less) before Julie throws and resets it.

Having shown them the Idol, Leonidas goes to find the last 2 left, looking in other places.

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

The Weathered Isle

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Meichuo

"Excuse me," says Meichuo, hoping that she's not interrupting anything, "sorry to bother you, but there's something shiny down that way." Placing her canteen on her lap, she points in the direction of the shiny...something. "Whether we investigate it or not, we should try to remember where it is."

Alonso

Alonso stays the course, pushing off with his feet and pulling with his hands, grabbing rocks for purchase wherever he finds them until he can make it to shore. There are no ghosts there, and he is oh so close&#33; There is something in the back of his mind, however, that tells him to make his peace with God should he leave this world. Lord Almighty, he begs, in thought if not out loud, if this is punishment for my bad deeds, I admit them all&#33; I own them all&#33; I have tried, dear Lord. I have tried to be a good Christian and a righteous human being, but it's so hard. I have done things out of pride and greed; out of vanity and lust&#33; I have killed in your name but for my own ends. I am sorry&#33; So sorry&#33; I know that I'm not worthy, but I ask that you spare me so that I can carry out your will&#33; If he cannot escape, he will fight. He will fight with everything he has, until the life is ripped from his body if need be.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)


The Monsterworks: 163 - 47 (.776) ...Probably up to no good.
The Cherry Bomb Classic III: 21-4
Show
Carbonemys: 7-1 Semifinals
Black Diamond: 9-0 Champion!
I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 5-3 Quarterfinals

User avatar
Madman
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Fighting in the shade

The Weathered Isle

Post by Madman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 am

<big>Western Castaways</big> (forest) - Leonidas I, Leonhard Euler, Edward the Confessor, Theodora, Khutulun, Julie D'Aubigny

Leonhard temporarily puts his search on the backburner, keeping the entire incident to himself for the time being, before following the Spartan. It takes him a couple of tries, but he's able to hit the statuette and he gets one hell of a headache for the next minute or so. The ghostly letters announce that his mother tongue is synchronizing and the timer resets.

Satisfied that he has directed the others as best he can, Leonidas sets off to locate the remaining two members of their group. He remembers them being headed roughly in the direction of the river and Theodora mentioning that she would be trying to find them as well. He also recalls the statue that he passed earlier - the one with the symbols and the plaque obscured by dirt.

<big>Eastern Castaways</big> (desert) - Joshua Chamberlain, Yi Sun-sin, Bodhidharma, Zhu Meichuo, Albert Camus, Theodore Roosevelt

The others take note of Meichuo's observation, though three of them still have yet to synchronize their languages, and both that and perhaps Admiral Yi's suggestion take precedence for the time being.

Albert and Bodhidharma both decide to throw, and their stones strike true. The sage's elaborate follow-through pose actually causes him to brush the Frenchman just as their stones 'ping' off of the idol. Albert experiences a bit of cold that starts at his head and washes over his body in a wave. The sage, on the other hand, feels a slight burning sensation in his forehead that shortly dissipates through his body and disappears. Neither feeling seems as painful as described by the others. In rapid succession, the ghostly letters above the statuette read "synchronizing Ancient Nepalese" and "Synchronizing French". Bodhidharma's stone must've struck just a shade earlier.

However, when Lawrence goes to follow suit, his pebble bounces off without any appreciable change. The writing above the idol still reads, "Synchronizing French", and Lawrence experiences no strange feeling accept for disappointment and bewilderment. Seemingly coming alive, the statue shakes its head. It mimes the act of reaching out and touching.

Immediately, Admiral Yi looks concerned. "I would be wary of simply touching it. It knocked the princess unconscious when she did so earlier."

Meichuo nods glumly. "It wasn't fun."

There must be a solution. Perhaps some way to spread or dissipate the energy, he thinks. "Does anybody have any suggestions?" This man has the look of a general. We will need his abilities utilized to their fullest.

<big>Alonso de Contreras</big> (Silent Sister)

As if God himself had heard Alonso's heartfelt plea, a great wind sweeps out across the lake and the apparitions clear. Soaked, terrified, and exhausted, the Spaniard hauls himself ashore and lies there, just out of reach of the water, to be certain. After minute of so, he hauls his boat ashore as well. The tower in the center of the island is perhaps a minute's walk away. He is surprised to see that some of its windows are lit, and there seems to be music coming from inside. Odd. It seemed dead and silent while he was approaching.
ARC Record: 420-1

Pretty much the best person on ARC

PyroTechnica
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

The Weathered Isle

Post by PyroTechnica » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Leonidas goes to the statue, calling for his companions as he went. Getting to the statue, he clears off the writing, and reads it.

Euler tells Julie again to wait to throw her twig until about 15 minutes was left.

Alexjh
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

The Weathered Isle

Post by Alexjh » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Theodore Roosevelt @ Ruins 2
Considering that Lawrence seems unable to communicate with the others despite following the process Theodore ponders.

"Perhaps is we were to hold onto our friend here while he touches the stone if might spread the shock between us rather than focusing it all in one person?"

Khutulun @ Ruins 1
Khutulun remains wary but respectful of this being.

"Thankyou for your insights great spirit&#33; Once I have learned some more of my surrounds I hope to be able to return to take you up on your generous offer"

She wasn't entirely sure if this was true, but decided that keeping her options open was prudent. She bows heavily and backs away - this has the double sided benefit of appearing respectful while not turning her back on the beast. After she is confident she is well out of range of the serpent she moves off, and hears a voice - it seems to be the bronze armoured older man from earlier calling out, but she now thinks she can understand his voice?

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2398
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

The Weathered Isle

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Edwards hears the rustling but sees nothing when he turns to look - probably just a rabbit or something - so he warily follows the stranged faced lady as she moves away, catching up to her far enough down the line that she wouldn't be able to tell that he had watched her interaction.

she seemed respectful towards that beast. perhaps it was a fear response. perhaps she thought it a god - she certainly wasn't a christian, after all. either way, she was to be watched - and shown power if she tried to challenge him.

The crazy man was yelling something at them. he'd be inclined to ignore him, but he appeared to actually be understandable... even though he wasn't speaking a language Edward knew.

strange.

Edward shrugged. he supposed he could follow him for now - he kept his sword drawn though. he didn't like this place at all, especially if what the beast said was true...
‽ ROBOTICS (220 - 112 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

CBCIII
Cuddle Time!: 5-2
Scion: 7-2 (finalist)
Chimera V: 7-1 (undefeated in the regular season, semifinalist)
Delorean Cowboy: 2-4


ROBOTS3...?
Found God in a Tomato: 0-0
Venice Queen: 0-0
Visual Assault: 0-0
Blackburn Kangaroo: 0-0


potato nazis~V900

nonagon is a 2wd wedge with a good driver you could stick a rotting fish to it and it would win fights ~Badnik96
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

The Weathered Isle

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 am

Meichuo

Meichuo agrees with Admiral Yi and Ti Er but is hesitant to even come close to touching the idol again. She voices as much. "Yes, I think that will work, but trust me. Touching that thing is dangerous. Is there no other way?" Reluctantly, she places her hand on Lawrence's shoulder.

Alonso

At this point, nothing surprises Alonso anymore. He has seen an exact copy of himself. He has fought phantoms made of mist. He has witnessed God Almighty call forth a miraculous wind to save his mortal body. Whatever lies ahead can scarcely be any more incredible. Alonso brushes as much mud off of himself as possible, takes his hat off, fixes his hair, and clears his throat. Hand resting casually (but not at all casually) on the hilt of his sword, he walks up to the front door of the tower and knocks.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)


The Monsterworks: 163 - 47 (.776) ...Probably up to no good.
The Cherry Bomb Classic III: 21-4
Show
Carbonemys: 7-1 Semifinals
Black Diamond: 9-0 Champion!
I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 5-3 Quarterfinals

NWOWWE
Posts: 6870
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

The Weathered Isle

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Chamberlain nodded at Roosevelt.

"Yes, that may very well work"

He held out his hand.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Post Reply