The Weathered Isle

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Weathered Isle

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:00 pm

Chamberlain was not familiar with any author named HG Wells, but that was hardly worth mentioning in light of other things President Roosevelt was saying. He knows me as someone 30 years older than he is?. Clearly something very unnatural was taking place here.

"Well Mr. President, I have to say this is a very suspect situation and it would be my recommendation to proceed with all possible caution until we can get a clearer idea of the matter."

He gave a glance to the others around.

"By any chance, are any of these other people familiar to you as well?"
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Weathered Isle

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:06 pm

<big>Meichuo</big>

Her attempt to communicate with the talkative westerner having been summarily ignored, Meichuo's cheeks flush with shame. She offers a slight bow to Admiral Yi and the monk who she believes to be Bodhidharma. "Forgive my impulsiveness," she begs, and with a few quick steps forward, she reaches out to touch the crystal.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

The Weathered Isle

Post by Madman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:20 pm

<big>Eastern Castaways</big> (desert) - Joshua Chamberlain, Yi Sun-sin, Bodhidharma, Zhu Meichuo, Albert Camus, Theodore Roosevelt

With the two Americans seeming to have established some sort of rapport, and the two Asians similarly able to communicate, the Frenchman waxes philosophical in his head about this absurd situation. The monk is able to return to his meditation presently, almost completely unruffled. There is something oddly unsettling about the crystal, and the challenge of finding peace despite it spurs Bodhidharma to recenter himself.

This early dynamic is dramatically shifted when Meichuo steps forward and bravely - or perhaps foolishly - touches the crystal. Admiral Yi thinks to stop her for a moment, but he settles for bracing himself and letting the chips fall where they may. So long as the westerners are allies, at least the two who share a common tongue seem to be military men, and able to handle themselves should calamity ensue.

Fortunately, it does not, though the princess is jolted by the power of the crystal and lets out a small yelp as she stumbles backwards. Regardless of language or temporal background, the minds of the six are filled with the same information that the other group has already received. Theodore is quick to tab Lawrence as a man of character, though his words do not seem to be understood by the others.

<big>Alonso de Contreras</big> (Silent Sister)

The doppelganger lets out a chuckle of sorts, and shakes its head, grinning. "Neither, friend, though in your worldview, I'd probably fall closer to the latter," he replies. "As for your reward. Rest assured, it will be far beyond anything you could ever dream of." Then the figure steps off the edge of the bridge, entirely unconcerned, and promptly vanishes. Alonso is left along by the small hut with a crackling bonfire. There is no firewood to sustain it for much longer, and indeed, Alonso can't even be sure if it requires firewood. There is also the hut to investigate, and the thing of great value that lies down that path.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

PyroTechnica

The Weathered Isle

Post by PyroTechnica » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:33 pm

Leonidas

The Monsterworks

The Weathered Isle

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:40 pm

Meichuo

For a moment, a feeling of sharp and strangely numbing pain passes through Meichuo, but she steadies herself as information enters her mind of its own accord. She takes particular interest in the part about the ability to locate the other crystals. Apparently, they are to vote by placing a hand on the shoulder of the person whom they choose. Meichuo immediately looks to Admiral Yi. His wisdom, strength, loyalty, and decisiveness make him the obvious candidate. "I nominate him&#33;" she announces, pointing very clearly. They might not understand her words, but that sort of gesture is hard to misinterpret.

Alonso

Alonso ignores the fire. There's a decent clearing around it, and any soldier worth his boots can restart a fire from coals. He peers inside the hut, sword drawn. If it's clear, he'll waste no time in making for that crystal. The more cards he holds, the better&#33;
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Alexjh

The Weathered Isle

Post by Alexjh » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 pm

Theodore Roosevelt @ Ruins 2
Realising he had been ignoring one of the young Asian women talking to him, he turned around to face her taking off his hat for a moment.

"My apologies young lady, I am sorry to ignore you, but I am a bit confused by our current predicament. That is no excuse for rudeness on my part however."

Not showing any signs of understanding English, he tried deep to recall any odd phrases of Chinese he might have picked up during his political career. He pondered for a while and then tried.
"N&#464; h&#462;o?"
Pausing for a second to contemplate further, he gestured at himself.
"T. R."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Weathered Isle

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:49 pm

well what do you know, a christian amongst the barbarians&#33; Two in fact. Too bad they were both women. Beggars can't really be choosers, however, and both of them looked royal, at least. LATIN: "you will have to forgive, not my good language. I thank you for your support." he responded, politely, to Theodora. Turning to Julie OLD NORMAN FRENCH: "Your french is strange, my lady. where are you from?
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Mole55

The Weathered Isle

Post by Mole55 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 pm

"I was singing in the Paris Opera, however I'm now on this island, for some reason. I think it might be for duelling someone?

Anyway, who are you? Your french seems rather odd."

Venice Queen

The Weathered Isle

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:10 pm

What on earth is dueling? Or Opera? She appears to have no knowledge of Latin. Not as cultured as I was hoping.... Edward frowns. She was obviously lying. The answer would have to do for now, however. Larger issues were at hand. "Edward, King of the English."
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Mole55

The Weathered Isle

Post by Mole55 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm

...what.

"England has no King, it has a Queen Anne."

He's clearly delusional. Still, he's wealthy.

Venice Queen

The Weathered Isle

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:04 pm

Edward scoffs "A Queen? the witan would never allow a woman on the throne, and certainly not one with a French name&#33;"
Last edited by Venice Queen on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks

The Weathered Isle

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:51 pm

Meichuo

The princess is somewhat surprised to hear a familiar word from the loud westerner's mouth. His name is "Ti Er". That's easy enough to say. For a moment, she considers ignoring him in return for his earlier snub, but she stops herself. I said that I would work on being mature. I'm not about to cut off my nose to spite my face here. Besides, his posture is polite. He seems to be trying.She thinks about any western words that she may have picked up from the Jesuits who used to visit her father's court. "Hola?" she tries uncertainly. She remembers what one of them had taught her. It's the only thing she knows how to say: "Mi nombray es..." Would he be aware of my formal name? Would he care? "Meichuo. Zhu Meichuo."
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

The Weathered Isle

Post by Madman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:16 pm

<big><big>Update Four: Day One, 21:15</big></big>

<big>Eastern Castaways</big> (desert) - Joshua Chamberlain, Yi Sun-sin, Bodhidharma, Zhu Meichuo, Albert Camus, Theodore Roosevelt

The budding attempt to communicate between Theodore and Meichuo is cut off by a sudden, near-blinding flash. A thin but intense beam of light shoots out from the crystal and remains fixed in place, almost as if pointing somewhere. It leads out into the desert and it seems to have no end that the six can discern.

<big>Western Castaways</big> (forest) - Leonidas I, Leonhard Euler, Edward the Confessor, Theodora, Khutulun, Julie D'Aubigny

Realizing the power that she may hold as translator and the arrogance of the 'English' King and the Spartan ruler, Theodora decides to attempt something. The Gaulish woman speaks a tongue vaguely similar to Latin, but her dress is queer. The Hun seems to have attempted to communicate, so the Empress tries to give her a friendly nod. "Theodora," she says, pointing to herself. Then, she addresses all, first in Latin, then in Greek. "Lords and Ladies," she begins, trying to keep her language simple, "I think we all know that this is not a good place and that there is danger. We have two great kings here and maybe more people of royal blood." She clasps her hands together, eyes downcast for a second, then looks up, expression beseeching. "Great kings, let us not quarrel, for I fear that we will need our strength in the coming days. So that neither of you is forced to dishonour his equal, I pray you allow me to carry this burden. I will be ever a faithful servant, attendant to your wise counsel and that of -" In Latin, she finishes with "God Almighty". In Greek, she concludes with, "Almighty Zeus."

However, before anybody has the chance to truly respond, hey are cut off by a sudden, near-blinding flash. A thin but intense beam of light shoots out from the crystal and remains fixed in place, almost as if pointing somewhere. It leads out into the forest and it seems to have no end that the six can discern.

<big>Alonso de Contreras</big> (Silent Sister)

By torchlight, Alonso finds a small hammock inside the hut, and some sacks of rice in a corner. There is an end table with a rolled-up scroll on top of it.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

PyroTechnica

The Weathered Isle

Post by PyroTechnica » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:31 am

Leonidas

The Monsterworks

The Weathered Isle

Post by The Monsterworks » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:11 am

Alonso

Quickly, Alonso grabs the scroll and opens it.

Meichuo

"It's nice to meet you, Ti Er, " she says, with a slight bow. However, before they can attempt any further communication, the bloody crystal pulses again and a single beam of light, incredibly intense, emerges from it, seeming to point off into the distance. Meichuo stares as far into the night as she can. Her impulse is to go, but there may be danger and she has been far too forward already. "&#20320;&#20204;&#21435;" she urges, keeping her words simple in the faint hope that Ti Er will understand, and gesturing at the men. She points at the beam and into the distance.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)