Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:36 pm

So much for today's art practice.

Scarlett takes a moment to take in the insanity that just unfolded around her. So many things, and people, and... is that a dinosaur? And a bear? She has so many questions, but can't find it in herself to speak over the absurdity of the situation. She jams her hands into her hoodie pockets and decides to save her questions for when she gets acclimated to everything.

While the door guards are talking, she looks around at the junk on the floor. A Nando's card... she knows she's heard of Nando's before at some point, but can't quite remember when or where. The metal yo-yo piques her interest more: the shape and size reminds her of her personal cloaking device, which she remembers is currently, and rather inconveniently, on her kitchen counter back home. Now in a very slightly worse mood from remembering that fact, she picks the yo-yo-like object up and puts it one of her hoodie's pockets.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:40 pm

OW!!!

Blinking blearily, Tellu painfully pushes herself to all fours.

Where on earth... ?

After a few more moments, just to try and shake away the cobwebs, Tellu's senses come back to her and she pushes herself completely to her feet, staring about at the chamber with a slight air of distaste.

So what is this supposed to be? Are the Death Busters trying to get me to rejoin their ranks or something? Give me a break... they're all dead. Or they're supposed to be, anyway.

She gazes about at all the characters about her, putting a hand on her hip, and her sarcastic question seems to answer itself.

Knew it. I'm not alone in this at all. Well, whatever they're doing, they can do it without my help.

Making to find some space between herself and the new arrivals, Tellu's pupils dilate at the sound of doors opening, and she fixes at the bright light with a curious glance. And then at the two figures coming through.

...okay. This is either some seriously fucked-up dream, or I indulged waaaaay too much last night. Either way, birds don't look like that.

Her eyes get drawn more to the other figure, and she betrays a slight smile, of all things.

Oh look, an enforcer. How cute. Better not agitate her. Tellu rolls her eyes.

As she fixes her gaze on the... monstrous flamingo creature again, it begins speaking. About Multiversal junk and all that. Tellu wasn't really interested in such drivel - she supposed it was some grandiose explanation to win over the less-than-intelligent creatures here at large. However, she did take note of the last few parts. She grabs the pen that fell at her feet, eyes the weird card for a moment then reluctantly grabs that too.

Well... better get this show on the road.

She wasn't going to go out of her way to make enemies, but nor was she going to put up with people who try to feed her lies or nonsense. And she'd kill whoever brought her away from what she was doing... at least, she would when such beings didn't walk around with 10-foot-tall armoured people carrying around giant Probity Probes.

"Ready when you are," says Tellu, still with that small grin on her face.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Apparently not... Well that seemed fair enough. This was all a lot to take in, and trying to adapt to an unexpected change in surroundings and circumstances didn't exactly inspire calm rationality.

As if to prove the point, Richfield noticed that one of their number had already made a quick exit to the outside, apparently with the ability to phase shift. Incredible.

"Well perhaps later. In the meantime there seems little else to do but to head out."

Richfield turned to leave.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:21 pm

The last thing Karstryl knew, he was sound asleep. All of a sudden, he was falling through the air. Before he could get his bearings, he landed on the floor with a sickening crunch.

What the hell? Did I get caught? No, can't be! My fortress was secure! Someone's getting killed for this...

As he got his bearings, he noticed he was not alone in this chamber, as creatures defying his explanation filled his vision.

How does it stand on only two legs? This is amazing... Am I dreaming? No, not even I could come up with crazy shit like this. I have the feeling I'm not in Xanithan anymore.

Karstryl does notice something familiar, however.

What's a zambear doing here?

Zambears, or "Bears" in slang, are a species of small isopod-like creatures that inhabit Chilope. The chilopeans keep them as pets.

While Karstryl was examining the rest of the characters in the room, a door opened up, and two more walked in.

This isn't going to stop, is it? Well, I may as well find out what they want while I figure out how to get home.

Their explanation of the world intrigued Karstryl. As did their proposition.

Kill six people? They picked the right chilopean for the job. I can do that in a day and be out of here by tomorrow. On the other hand, this city looks quite promising. Ripe for the picking, even. If I can get a foothold in this place, I may be able to expand my empire throughout the universe! I'll have to lay low. I don't know the others' intentions yet, and some of them look quite frightening if I were to get on their bad side. I'll keep quiet for now and just go with the group.

Karstryl changes his color to suit the room, a dark grey color, which he decides to keep on for now in order to be less conspicuous. On his way out of the room, Karstryl kicks the sock and half-brick out of his way, thinking it was simply a piece of garbage that had been left here.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:22 pm

A duck walked up to a lemonade stand and he said to the man running the stand:

"HEY"

dun dun dun

"Got any TRASH?"

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:25 pm

this sort of thing doesn't usually happen Edward thought as his environment abruptly transferred from the street he was walking on to the top of a dark cave, and a variety of items accompanied his fall. He quickly stuck the landing and looked around the room. He then almost immediately went blind thanks to the only other thing in the room, a blinding source of light. Before closing his eyes in pain, he had noticed that it was... outline with an aura? Blue... deep in color, intense in light.

yup, definitely not usual.

A loud tick and a thump to his left caused him to cautiously look to his left. Thankfully, this woman was not apparently living light. She was, however, immensely powerful - her deep green aura roiling with intense streaks of matte black.

Edward was beginning to wonder which little shit(s) was/were messing with super powered beings this time ...it'd better not be fucking AIM again... as there was another tick, and another person falling out of the roof.

you'd think they could have at least put us on the ground

...she? was another one with a particularly roiling aura. two colors, evenly split - baby blue on the left, bright purple on the other, the colors neither merging nor displacing each other despite the aura's undulations of strength.

The living light was the odd one out so far... the rest of us could easily be mutants... he supposed the light could be too. Politics around mutants had gotten a lot less tumultuous in recent years though. Not that that meant this couldn't happen, it just seemed less likely. and VERY powerful.

TICK, and enter someone in armor, his aura looking red...then orange... then slate grey... all at once. It also felt... deeply modified, incredibly unnatural. Edward puked a little in his mouth.

the next tick, and a top-hatted man with a cape no... cloak? like regal purple aura saved his landing with a strange contraption... was there a reason those of us with powers went first, then these men with tech?

and then a fucking dinosaur appeared. Edward knew enough about them to know it was a predator, and he could also see a reddish-orange aura around it that could best be described as ...primitive? It was much harder to read than most auras, but even that couldn't hide the fact that this dinosaur was suppressing something. Perhaps its immediate desire to eat all of them.

TICK

yup, we're into the weird shit now aren't we he thought as an orangutan followed the dinosaur in the circle. His aura was a surprisingly striking rose gold, enshrouding his body instead of clinging closely to it like most auras did. It felt false, but not fully - like an addition to what used to be.

A woman about his age landed next, her aura a brilliant scarlet outlining her body. fascinatingly, it was even stronger than his own, and again roiled with the telltale signs of power. she's out of order, he considered, and mentally unchecked that consideration.

a lot of animals... this is feeling less and less like something that could actually happen Edward thought as the bear... materialized. could it teleport? how did it avoid falling? its aura was a single brown speck - no - a large brown covering - no - a hollow triangle over its chest - no - only covering his arms - ... everything about this bear was transient, and nothing was real. Edward was fascinated and confused... but not yet scared.

A centipede fell from the roof, a giant one, and Edward had to will himself to not scream in fear as he froze up. He had never been able to play most fantasy video games, the giant insects terrifying the hell out of him. and now, here was one in real life, apparently, its aura an unremarkable reddish-purple, bubbling with power.

Edward at this point was really just wondering how long this would go on. he was really quite bored of constantly analyzing new auras. perhaps this was some strange sort of chinese water torture...

an... object? landed. it had no aura? no... it did... a faint grey so slight it was almost not there, surrounding only its head.

The next man's rumbling appearance would have been startling had it not been for the dinosaur earlier, but his blood-red aura that looked almost like plated armor was certainly a cause for concern.

finally, a duck, with a brownish-green aura seemed to complete the circle. his aura seemed to be both around him and within him simultaneously, something he had not seen before.

Edward took a moment to try and comprehend what the fuck was going on, before a door opened and he again had to shield his eyes as yet two more people entered the room. as they didn't fall through the roof, he assumed they were meant to be different, and were probably the reason his day had been disturbed. a weirdass looking flamingo with a soft pink and white aura - the colors seemingly fighting for authority - entered alongside yet another massive woman, with a steel-grey aura, unmoving.

They proposed that he was indeed brought here on purpose, and that it was somehow his job to kill people for them. Edward was disgusted with this proposition. All that work by mutants of his and previous generations to stop themselves from being used as super-weapons, and here he was being told he would be someone's superweapon. His face contorted into a snarl as he gazed at the man...thing... with anger. He didn't care if this crowd seemed to appreciate their existence - it was not their job to determine his path in life. For the time being, he chose to sit down and examine what had fallen near him.

the fork seemed vaguely useful, so it went in the breast pocket of his jacket. the gloves were vaguely terrifying, but also interesting, so he put them in a back pocket for the time being. He saw no use for a bonsai tree, especially with nowhere to put it. He did like David Bowie though, and stored those CDs in one of his jacket's inside pockets. Making no move for the door, he chose to observe the interactions between the others, noting how they interacted with one another as he sat, right leg crossed under the raised knee of his left leg, left arm resting on that knee, his right arm holding up his weight.

most fascinating was the dull-auric... thing, which appeared to copy some of the flamingo's aura, and then draw some of the blood-red thing's aura into itself as it became a normal but strong looking person, now with a grey-red aura, struck with pink. The light person became somewhat less blinding as it assumed a human form, letting him see its aura properly - reaching out in rays, it started almost blinding at the center, and passed through every shade of blue before petering out into darkness at its edges - one of the most beautiful auras he had ever seen.

the interaction between the red giant and the dino was amusing, and at least showed that neither were immediate threats, provided he was polite.

He saw that the person with the iridescent aura was their resident edgey mc-edgerson, as his aura roiled with distaste and apathy.

In general, most people seemed to be willing enough to meander on out, though as of yet a few people were staying around, namely those with the scarlet and cape auras. Allies in the desire of self determination, or plotting for themselves? time would tell, and he would wait.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

PyroTechnica

Post by PyroTechnica » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Not wanting to be easily recognisable, Mikhail darkened his sin tone, and made his hair almost white. When the transformation was complete, he pulled of his helmet so that all the cheering fools could see him, and looked back at the people he was expected to work with.

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm

While Richfield made to head out, Mira took a moment to take stock of the objects strewn around the room that had apparently arrived with them. Most of which she decided to let lay: with no physical mass, it was difficult for her to interact with them, but she still stepped around and over the items rather than straight through them.

Returning to the items she had first arrived with herself - the parasol, the ring, and the small idols - Mira initially examines the ring. The image of a small, stout rodent-like animal inset into the band, she slipped it onto one finger, and to her surprise, it fit rather well. Likewise, the parasol still seemed to be in good working order. The idols, meanwhile, were a touch confusing. There must have been at least two dozen of them, they were far more malleable than others she had come across, and they came in a raft of varying shapes. Was this to commemorate families, perhaps? Dueling armies? It didn't seem terribly useful at this stage, so Mira left the strange, soft, fruity-smelling idols, and made her way outside.

Pausing, however, alongside the newly tanned Mikhail, leaning in toward him a little. "In my experience," she advised, "That sort of thinking doesn't last terribly long." She left it on that note, following the aforementioned railing and into the next building.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

PyroTechnica

Post by PyroTechnica » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Last edited by PyroTechnica on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:36 pm

...pardon me?

Tellu pauses, as the insolence of the now white-haired man penetrated her lobes.

Someone with an ego to match Eudial? Never thought I'd see the day.

Her smile deepens, though her eyes gleam. She turns her head a little to look at the guy.

"As I'm sure you're aware," the tone of Tellu's voice sweetens, "every single one of us has suffered the same phenomenon, and we hardly know anything about each other. And yet you presume us as the ones lacking in discipline?"

Tellu turns around fully to face the arrogant man, still smirking.

"Let me give you some words of advice. An attitude like that will leave you no friends or connections, but a lot of enemies, and in the face of the unknown, you'll most certainly meet a dead end.

"But hey, you don't have to take my word for it. Not trying to antagonize you, by the way, just open your eyes a little. Anyway, you'll see. I'm out of here."

With a wink, Tellu walks out the doors.

PyroTechnica

Post by PyroTechnica » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Karstryl waits outside the door patiently for the rest of the party to leave, and to study their movements and personalities.

The one with the weapons seems particularly hostile. I could probably sneak up and kill him right now, but I'm not sure how the others see him. He could be friendly to them, and that would end poorly for me.

The four-legged one with the sail... He seems fairly friendly. Would be best to get on his good side for now, he could prove to be a valuable ally if what he says about his background is true.

The blue one with the loud voice, he could be valuable as grunt force. I'll need to find a way to not spook him though, as I don't doubt he could kill me easily. I'll have to tread lightly around him.

The others haven't said anything of note yet, so i'll have to keep an eye on them for now.

Karstryl leaves the exit and follows Dr. Richfield, with the intent of striking a conversation with him at the next available chance.
Last edited by Badnik96 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Bob quacks in a voice only a mother can love.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:00 pm

What a self-righteous warmonger. A fathead like that deserves none of my time. Let him die for all I care.

Tellu stops in the doorway and looks out. Hmm... I guess that avian freak was right, oddly enough. I probably should have some company if even I don't know what to expect.

She turns back to the others, taking them in with appraisal. The man in the overcoat she considers most of all. There's something off about him, but she can't exactly pinpoint what it is. It isn't... bad, but it is definitely not something she was aware when she first woke, nor was it something she'd ever sensed before. She needed to be on guard.

If I can, I'll tag along with people who won't try to tear me apart on sight... even I know my physical short-comings...

Tellu stands and waits at the side of the doorway, folding her arms.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:05 pm

OOC NOTE TO EVERYONE - I'm going to assume that for this one instance you'll all have the objects that arrived within you in your inventory unless you specifically say otherwise. After this point however, any loot will need looting manually unless I specify otherwise.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A few of the party wander out onto the metal walkway and survey the new world they have landed in - they find themselves on a metal grill walkway about 20 foot above the vast crowd. As they reach the handrail the wind rises behind them billowing their clothes and hair (such as they are) dramatically, and a shaft of light pierces the dull grey sky illuminating them on the spot. A fanfare of trumpets sounds from somewhere nearby. The crowd errupts with cheering, and singing and tears of joy. Obviously your arrival is a huge deal to these people.

Dirk McManly whispers behind them - "We got Sally the Goddess of Dramatic Entrances on this one - she's really outdone herself on this one."

But much as the crowd cannot draw it's eyes away from them, they in turn fill their eyes with the world that greets them - both the vastness of the crowd - there must be over a hundred thousand staring at them of every species imaginable - and all exclaiming their joy. A row of beings with what must presumably be cameras stand at the forefront clicking away although every single one seems to be using an utterly different device or in some cases, small creatures and they shout questions at you, though in the roar of the crowd you can't make out what those might be.

Behind them though, the damage to the City is even more catastrophic than you realized, and the refugee camp surrounds this entire hillside in a sea of tents.

However, one other feature can't help but catch your eyes, and is only visible now you have exited the chamber - slightly to your left is a vast island floating in the sky, crowned by an imposing gothic castle. But what's more - 7 vast stones or minerals seem to be slowly levitated in an orbit around it at equal distances around it each surely the size of a small whale on it's own.

A Cube of Bloodstone
A Sphere of Obsidian
A Strange Fractal Shape made of Bismuth
A Wild Coil of Native Silver
An Egg Shaped Piece of Malachite
A Rod of Ironstone
A Teardrop of Moonstone

There is something unsettling about those seven stones - like the Universe is telling your gut that they shouldn't be in the same place...

Dirk McManly sees your line of sight and mutters that you can talk about it inside - and gestures to a more contemporary metal building to your side that the metal walkway takes you straight to.