Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:22 pm

As the doors open to the walkway, Tellu looks at the man in the overcoat for a few more seconds, and then takes a few steps out.

Suddenly, there is a cacophony of applause, enhanced by a shaft of light from the heavens above... veiled by a wall of grey cloud. Tellu is caught off-guard completely by this and her expression becomes rather silly.

"Wh-what?!"

It becomes even sillier when she stares down below... at creatures. As far as the eye can see. There are many, many species that she can't even possibly begin to comprehend, and she's seen a lot of shit in the Tau Nebula.

"I-I'm... not sure I like this."

She tears her gaze away from the crowd to the dismemberment of the city itself, and her silly look is wiped clean as her expression goes blank again.

So what's the deal with all this destruction? I wasn't really willing to go along with this, but... do I even have a choice? Sheesh.

Tellu pulls her skirt down a little more to deal with the dramatic wind [shut up :P], and then sees... a floating island?

Wait a minute...

A dark castle... and seven stones...

Something's off. Very, very off. I don't like it.

Trying to ignore the loud applause, Tellu folds her arms again, and looks down at the walkway, contemplating.

Does this have anything to do with... with Eudial's disappearance?! Or the destruction of the Tau Nebula? I mean I can't jump to conclusions, but she disappeared on a whim, just like I have now... hmm... well, I'll keep it in mind, but for now I'd better take things as they go. Ugggh... this cheering is really starting to get on my nerves...
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

PyroTechnica

Post by PyroTechnica » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Mikhail decided he would need to make a good impression with the crowd, so he increased his local gravity field to the point where he made dents on the walkway as he moved. It made walking more effort, but it should worry those brought with him. As he walked, he considered the floating objects.. The one that most drew his attention was the silver. He wondered if he would be able to... acquire some of it. He could make a good sum of money besides whatever he could persuade the mayor to pay.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Seeing the others file out into the sunlight, Scarlett takes one last look around. There's some armor nearby... made of cabbage? She finds this odd and decides to leave it behind. Prior experience has taught her that rabbit food does not make for good protection. She follows the others out of the cave, not wanting to be left alone in such a strange place.

The crowd outside surprises her. The door guards were talking before about something or other, but she was only half paying attention and now regretting that. The floating island with the many colorful rocks around it, though... she finds the scene beautiful, but somehow disturbing. And then her eyes fall to the mess on the ground beyond the crowd. She knows that something is definitely wrong, and suspects it has something to do with the gems in the sky.

The invitation to discuss matters was comforting, at least. She wants to have some of her questions answered: specifically, the question of when she'll be able to return home. Hmm, home. She clutches the metal yo-yo in her pocket. It's not her cloaking device, but the shape is close enough to calm her nerves. It's something familiar, at least.

She sees the soldier-looking fellow damaging the path ahead and rolls her eyes. If they'd been pulled here intentionally, as was suggested by one of the tidbits of information she'd actually paid attention to suggested, she'd expect them to have constructed pathways that could hold them. With a sigh, she follows the soldier, half-expecting the path to collapse under her and ready to break her fall with her life essence.
poopity scoop

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:43 pm

I waddle across the walkway. Menacingly!

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Tellu glares at "Mikhail" or whoever he is. So much for damage control with that big lummox around.

What do I do? I don't want to reveal my powers yet, but... helping people get across would make me look good, and that's what I want, right? ...urrrrrgh, no! I don't want to just LOOK good anymore! But at the same time, I'd love to kill me some schmucks... but nooooo, killing is a bad thing. Sigh. Maybe I am crazy. After all, not exactly human, am I?

Tellu takes note of Scarlett for the first time. Well, you've got stones I guess. She follows after Scarlett, ready to grab her with her wrist vines should the path actually give way.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>TICK
A man in top hat and tails falls awkwardly, but manages to steady himself using some kind of helicopter blade contraption hidden within the cane he carries and the eventual landing is only somewhat ungainly. Over his top hat drops an XXL t-shirt for the concert tour for Phil Harmonic's
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Emerging from the building with the others, Mira stopped dead and looked skyward, as the shaft of light broke through the cloud. Some of the group appeared shocked, some of the group tried to look powerful, while Mira simply gazed up toward the heavens, a gentle smile crossing her face. Her posture straightened up a little, and the glow emanating from her form began to intensify. Only slightly, but noticeably.

Her attention soon turns to the crowd, cheering as they are, clearly expectant of the ragtag collective that was formed mere moments ago. A few small flashes catch her eye from the front of the sea of bodies, Mira had come across a similar looking device a few millennia ago, designed for capturing images of one's surroundings. She had sadly never come across one yet that could accurately capture an Illuxion's image.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spots a group of eight floating objects. Upon closer inspection, one of them appeared to be a castle, sturdily mounted in a chunk of rock......that was a new one for her. The septet of rocks, minerals and metals surrounding it almost appeared to be challenging it, or challenging each other. Mira couldn't be sure. Was this why they had been brought here, why they were awash with rapturous applause from the citizens of this battered, beaten city?

The mayor appeared eager to move the troupe along, so Mira, with a restrained parting wave to the crowd, followed the walkway into the building ahead, that brief time being outside already leaving her far more refreshed.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Scarlett glances behind her as she walks to see if anyone else is coming, or else to confirm that she is, in fact, crazy for having walked out on the damaged path. She finds a duck following uncomfortably closely and, once she processes the scene, decides to let him go ahead. Better to have a meat shield between her and the soldier, anyway. There's no telling what could happen with someone who can do so much damage just by walking. The next person behind her is a green-haired woman. Maybe she'd be friendly? Scarlett matches her pace as she approaches and walks with her.

"So... are you as lost as I am?" She leans in and asks, keeping her voice low.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:12 pm

As Adaman steps out onto the walkway, he reflexively grips the handrail beside him. Not out of fear of heights: he's been climbing trees since he was a baby clinging to his mother. But the enormity of the sheer number of people surrounding him, waves of people shouting things he can't understand, is momentarily too much for an Orangutan much more accustomed to solitude. When he recovers his composure, Adaman notices several of his fellow abductees have gone ahead.

The loud military-looking human seems to be stomping on the pathway, trying to break it. What a reckless idiot&#33; Adaman thinks, sneezing as the duck walks past him. Then his gaze is drawn upwards, almost against his will, to a strange floating fortress surrounded by floating stones of different colors. His instincts immediately flare up, telling him those stones are bad news. With new incentive to get across, Adaman quickly shambles across the rest of the bridge, which thankfully seems to have remained intact. Two of the female humans passed him and are talking to each other ahead. He draws closer to listen.
Last edited by attackfrog on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:31 pm

I should have expected this, thinks Tellu sheepishly. At least this is a preferable interaction. Let's go ahead and be cordial.

"Quite," replies Tellu to Scarlett. "I won't deny that I'm quite irritated about this whole deal, but then again I'm not a stranger to strange events, so come what may."

As she speaks, Tellu takes in Scarlett's being out of the corner of her eye, and notices that, while not outwardly so, she seems almost as peculiar as the man with the overcoat.

They can't be Daimons, they don't have the same genetic make-up that I do. But still... are they hiding demons within them like me, just... different? Tellu's face is still inscrutable, but her mind is troubled. If I really start to care about them, what happens if I lose control... ? Am I just gonna be abandoned again? Well, I'll burn that bridge when I get there. Of more note to me are those great rocks orbiting that castle.

Endeavouring to keep the flow of conversation going, Tellu speaks again. "I don't have a lust for wealth like some of us seem to, but... I am looking for something. Maybe I got pulled into this bloody half-life of a world for just such a reason. What about you?"

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:54 pm

(OOC: oops. I'm a bit late)

Quinn had been operating without thinking up until this point, with information just going in one ear, and out the other. Now that she'd managed to get out of the chamber she somehow found herself in, she'd had a chance to think.

Firstly, why was she here? She had no idea (probably some time travel shenanigans, the time police were almost certainly onto her now.) She was in her bed one minute, started to experience the familiar fall of sleep claiming her, and then realised she wasn't losing conciousness, she was just falling. And falling. And falling. To nowhere in particular.

Then she thought she saw a light, and then thought "Ah fuck it. I might as well try and land gracefully, instead of hitting the maybe-existent floor, and then breaking multiple bones. That could really hamstring my guitar playing. Ha string"

And she did, and 'twas less than absolutely shit. Then, just flashes of colour, some items, and a foreign world. Something about a job to do in there, and just getting outside too. She just walked along the pathway dazed, and with no real clue what she was doing.

Secondly, what the hell had she been given? A tiny clockwork hummingbird, with some sort of rudimentary AI. No idea if it used some sort of programming or not. She might be able to manipulate it if so. Otherwise hell no. Mechanics had never been her forte. Otherwise, a dictionary in a language that seemed like Dutch and something... unearthly. And a feather pillow. "Oh good. I might be able to get some of that sleep back."

Thirdly, where was she? Some sort of city she saw, but it was... off. The people all spoke English, but that was about it for similarities. The clothes were all of different eras, some she recognized, some she didn't. Some didn't even wear clothes, an- that isn't even recognizably human&#33; It was the same story with the cameras, and the hairstyles, and just... the everything. "What the dickens have they done with the spacetime continuum?&#33;" she thought to herself, "Right. That's enough cliche for today." But the city seemed like a ruined hodge-podge. And she could see the island and the stones, and they were unsettling enough for her to not want to bother to think about them for now.

Finally, who the fuck was she with?&#33; There were 4 definite humans, one with some funky green hair, and an aggressive armoured figure in the "Ok, I can roll with this" camp. Some weird humanoid in the "That's a bit odd" camp. Then there were the others. Some weird thing made of light, an ogre, and a sentient dimetrodon, orang-utan, giant centipede, weird duck and bear in the "WHAT FEVER DO I HAVE" camp. I don't want to ask what's going on with those.

In her head, an idea begins to form. "This city is a hodge-podge of different times. Maybe you get sent here when you start messing with time? I should ask someone. Preferably in English, my foreign languages were shit at school, and I don't exactly know the spanish for 'continuum.'"

Whilst the aggressive man was deciding to trash the walkway ('twat'), she overheard two of the other women talking about why they're here. She decides to go up to them, and expect some weird looks either way.

"Excuse me. I know this may be abrupt, but have either of you two time travelled?"

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Scarlett stops halfway through the first word of her answer to address the newcomer to the conversation, a young... woman? Man? The face shape definitely seems more feminine, but the rest could go either way. Scarlett decides not to ask - it seems like a rude question.

"Time travel? Can't say I have," she says slowly, unsure if she heard the question correctly. She then returns her attention to the green-haired one.

"I can guess why I got dragged in here, but I didn't think my influence reached quite this far. I'm just along for the ride until someone explains all of... that," she answers, momentarily looking up at the floating island again. "I'm not too interested in money, either. Not like I used to be. I learned the hard way." She pauses a few seconds, thinking of something else to say. "So what is it you're looking for?"
poopity scoop

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:59 pm

"Well then. That's that theory scuppered."

Quinn decides to continue listening, to see if anything gets mentioned.

PyroTechnica

Post by PyroTechnica » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:01 pm

Approaching the door to the metal building, Mikhail warps through the door, too lazy to open it. He considers the people walking along behind him. Most of them looked at him with disgust. They probably thought he was a clumsy fool, but that was probably beneficial, they wouldn

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Influence? What kind of influence... ? Hmm. Looks like I was right, there's more than meets the eye with this stranger here. At least she isn't malicious, or outwardly so like that fathead.

Tellu hears another figure approaching, asking about time-travel. Tellu shakes her head with a "No, I'm afraid not" and turns back to Scarlett.

"Something personal to me," says Tellu mysteriously. "It's too hard to explain fully, so I'll just say I've been looking for it for a while, but it's eluded me."

Better not ask about Eudial yet... honestly I should save such questions for those lurking in this world in the first place.