Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
User avatar
NWOWWE
Posts: 6853
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:42 am

Are you kidding me? There was no way this was actually happening. Larry rubbed his eyes furiously and blinked. No luck. The girl was definitely heading his way. Larry was shocked to find how close he was getting to just flying off in a blind panic. Visions of himself lying in a crumpled heap next to the vending machines with several fresh new bullet holes in his chest while his blood mixed with melting ice on the floor danced in his head. His mouth suddenly felt extremely dry. He tried to swallow, but it was like trying to swallow sandpaper.

No, come on. Keep it together Larry. I know this looks bad but you can get through this if you don't lose your head.

He grabbed an ice cube from his bucket and stuck it in his mouth. That helped that problem. Okay, now stop looking in her direction. Don't look you're expecting her or even notice that she's coming. Remember you're still supposed to be sloshed from all the drinking you've done tonight.

It took a great deal of willpower, but Larry turned his back to the approaching woman and began sauntering back in the direction of his room.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1122
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:17 am

Ulysses Walk

The Lieutenant looks Ulysses up and down once. "This is a government matter, citizen. You are hereby requested not to interfere."

"Government matter me arse!" swears the captain, with a thick Scottish accent. "Yer government's takin' my ship!"

"I have told you twice in no uncertain terms, Mr. McQueen, and I suggest you not make me repeat myself a third time. This is a temporary measure due to a humanitarian catastrophe. You will be fairly compensated provided that you cease your resistance and your ship will be returned to you."

"Och, that's bullshit an' yeh know it, Mr. Fancy-pants government monkey! Sea's fulla weird shit these days. No ship's safe and yeh know it!"

<hr />

Larry Walker

"Mr. Gardner?"

Goddammit. So close&#33; Larry tries not to betray any fear. After all, he is 'drunk'. Play it cool, Larry. Stay in character. If she hasn't done anything threatening yet, maybe she just wants information. Joke's on her. I know almost nothing. Then he worries, momentarily, what lengths she might be willing to go to obtain that information.

"I'm Maria Castillo, secretary to Mr. Willard. I was wondering if we might have a word."

<hr />

Crazy Zane

Zane and Evelyn make smalltalk for the next little while. It's incredibly awkward. Zane still doesn't trust her, but he's definitely been drugged. He's far too agreeable. He can't seem to conjure any anger. Normally he'd have flipped the table and made a break for it by now. Then Evelyn actually says something worth listening to.

"I imagine that they'll come for us soon. We're going to the facility. They won't let us see where it is. There will be needles. Do you still feel the same way about needles?"

<hr />

Fabio Pioli

She's coming on too strong, Fabio thinks. She's too obvious, but then this one's supposed to be hard to control. He cringes when the big brute dumps the eggs into the trash. Not all of us have the luxury of a 'sister' to cook for us. Their interactions are terse, awkward, but the mood regulators seem to be doing their job, at least somewhat. He's the most promising one yet. If we can just get him to the facility, the things we could discover - things that could save us all. Then Fabio smells one of his coworkers walking in with a bagged lunch and his delusions of grandeur fade as his stomach starts to rumble.

<hr />

Molly Rivers and Tarein

coming soon...
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)


The Monsterworks: 149 - 43 (.776) ...Probably up to no good.
The Cherry Bomb Classic III: 7-0Show
Carbonemys: 3-0
Black Diamond: 2-0
I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 2-0

User avatar
NWOWWE
Posts: 6853
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Secretary? Yeah sure, and I'm gonna spend the night in the High Rollers Lounge&#33; And wait just a minute... Did she call me Mr. Gardner? Is she fucking spying on me? If so then running would REALLY be a bad idea. Guess it's time to use that obnoxious drunken charm Larry old buddy.

"Yeah&#33; That's me&#33;" Larry said brightly with just a slight slur in his words. "Eric Gardner. But all my friends call me Gard&#33;" He stared appreciatively at her figure. "And I sure hope you will too. What can I do for ya?"
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:05 am

"Why can't this fair man just keep his hard-earned ship?&#33;"

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:37 am

Zane's eyes widen, and he immediately gets behind his chair, ready to use it as a makeshift weapon
‽ ROBOTICS (199 - 102 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

Thunderground
armchair Astronaut: 0-0
You Have Excellent Taste In shirts: 0-0
Handgun Bobcat: 0-0
Delorean Cowboy: 0-0


ROBOT2
Hat Garage: 6-3
Lilian: 5-3
Blue Max: 3-4
Neuromancer: 4-4


My USB-powered clothes dryer and I beg to differ!~attackfrog

im my own god ~MassimoV
That's nice, dear. Have you considered being your own god somewhere else? ~Rocket_III
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1122
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Ulysses Walk

"Citizen," says the lieutenant, in a low, vaguely threatening tone, "I have told you once that it is not your place to intervene. This is an emergency situation and I'm under direct orders from the council to procure every available seaworthy vessel over 2000 metric tonnes for use in the coming evacuation. I'm authorized to use force if necessary. Sometimes we have to do difficult things for the greater good - something that an entitled colonist might be unwilling to do. Now, I will not repeat myself a third time. Please step back&#33;"

Captain McQueen shoots a grateful look in Ulysses' direction and then a venomous glare at the Lieutenant. Rose comes up beside Ulysses and looks ready to join him in protest. The pair of soldiers turn the safeties off of their semi-automatics and raise them. A handful of sailors brandish crowbars, loading hooks, and a pistol threateningly. Seamus McQueen's eyes dart towards the guns and it is evident by his facial expression that he realizes just how serious the Wallers are. They aren't bluffing; they're willing to go to ridiculous lengths, and they must be desperate.

Larry Walker

'Maria Castillo' keeps a smile on her face, but beneath it, she regards Larry dimly, at least he thinks he catches a hint of that. "As you're already acquainted with him, you may know that Mr. Willard is involved in a number of important projects, and there may be a rather...lucrative role in his next venture for a man with your unique set of skills. erhaps you'd like to discuss our options somewhere more...private?"

Crazy Zane

"Now now, Zane," says Evelyn coolly and with a hint of amusement, "there's no need to go on the offensive quite yet. There are better places to stage an escape - ones where we can have MUCH. <big>MORE.</big> <big><big>FUN...</big></big>"

Just then, Zane's keen hearing picks up footsteps. Evelyn seems to notice them too. She glances at Zane, nervous and exasperated. "I know it's anathema to you," she hisses, "but just play this one cool, okay?&#33;" She composes herself and turns to face the door. "Follow my lead," she chirps, in that same obnoxiously sweet voice, "and everything will be A-OK&#33;"

There is a knock on the door, and Evelyn reaches over to unlock it. The door starts to open.

Jack Smith

Receiving no answer of any kind from Jack, the remaining soldiers shake their heads. "Maybe he's not right in the head," observes one. They switch back and forth between English and Cree and its maddening. Soon, some others arrive and they toss a lanky man, bound by the wrists, in beside Jack. It's Evan. "Jack&#33;" he exclaims. "You know me&#33; You know I'm not a bad guy. They think I'm colonial militia just 'cause I had a pistol. You've gotta vouch..."

He's cut off by the arrival of a lifter bushwhacker painted in a deep army green. A heavy-calibre machien gun rests in a turret atop it. The door opens and out steps a tall, lean man in his early forties. There are feathers in his beret and medals pinned to the breast of his jacket.

"Why'd you bring me over here?" he demands of his underlings.

Adahy

It is a long walk down towards 'civilization'. Adahy only carries the things that he deems most necessary, and he hasn't totally abandoned his network of living spaces, lookouts, and traps in the woods. As the sun begins to dip lower in the afternoon sky, he needs to make a decision. Should he head for the city proper of the nearest of the outlying villages?

Molly Rivers

The orderly at the door goes into speech mode:

"It's been determined that at the current rate of rise, the water level will spill over the lowest sections of the wall within the next three weeks. Now, that doesn't put anybody in immediate danger, and it has happened in the past and been handled in the same manner, but there is a possibility - however slight - that the water may rise even further. This is purely a cautionary measure and evacuation is both voluntary and temporary until the waters recede again. The Law of the Sea - women and children first - will be adhered to as always. Further precedence will be given to those most in need and those possessing specialized skills."

Molly notices that he made no mention of the 'sea monsters' that Marigold seems convinced of. She isn't completely sure what to think.

"Any more questions, ma'am?"
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)


The Monsterworks: 149 - 43 (.776) ...Probably up to no good.
The Cherry Bomb Classic III: 7-0Show
Carbonemys: 3-0
Black Diamond: 2-0
I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 2-0

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Zane raises the chair, hiding behind it, and ready to use it as a battering ram
‽ ROBOTICS (199 - 102 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

Thunderground
armchair Astronaut: 0-0
You Have Excellent Taste In shirts: 0-0
Handgun Bobcat: 0-0
Delorean Cowboy: 0-0


ROBOT2
Hat Garage: 6-3
Lilian: 5-3
Blue Max: 3-4
Neuromancer: 4-4


My USB-powered clothes dryer and I beg to differ!~attackfrog

im my own god ~MassimoV
That's nice, dear. Have you considered being your own god somewhere else? ~Rocket_III
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Ulysses starts performing a haka in front of the lieutenant, a Maori ceremonial war dance involving chanting.

User avatar
NWOWWE
Posts: 6853
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:22 am

Was that just the tiniest bit of exasperation I managed to pull out of her with that lame come on? Maybe she's really starting to buy into the "Drunk Idiot" act.

His mind kept going back to that gun he knew she was hiding, or at least HAD been hiding earlier. He had to be careful. Go too far and she might decide that just shooting him was simpler. He figured he might as well try to probe for whatever information he could get before going anywhere out of sight with her.

"Unique skills? Well that doesn't really narrow it down for me. Which set of unique skills were you interested in?"
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1122
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:11 am

Crazy Zane

In steps a smallish man in his early thirties, dressed in a plaid shirt with a pocket protector and crisp blue jeans. He attempts a friendly greeting: "Hi frie..." Then his eyes widen in alarm at the sight of Zane, he lets out a little sound, and raises his hands to protect himself.

Ulysses Walk

Rebecca Rose is rendered speechless by the stunning war dance, but the lieutenant acts immediately on the perceived threat. One of the soldiers swiftly rifle-butts Ulysses in the side of the head and his world swims. He can see the captain jumping between him and the soldiers and then raising his hands in surrender. Dimly, he registers Rebecca screaming. Then he collapses and his world fades to black.

Ulysses awakens in a pitch black room. He is seated on an uncomfortable chair. His head hurts terribly and his wrists and ankles are tied to the chair. He is surrounded by utter silence save for a subtle mechanical hum and the sound of slowly dripping water.

Larry Walker

"All of them," she answers, cool as a cucumber. Her eyes flick over to his door and then back to him.

Jack Smith

"You&#33;" says the officer gruffly, "You one of us?"

He waits for Jack's answer. He does not look like a patient man.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)


The Monsterworks: 149 - 43 (.776) ...Probably up to no good.
The Cherry Bomb Classic III: 7-0Show
Carbonemys: 3-0
Black Diamond: 2-0
I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 2-0

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:56 am

Zane squints and cocks his head at the man. He looks little... Harmless... His head would make a fantastic sound, he bet....

But he vaguely remembers the note, and is still a bit loopy just from standing up - perhaps the drugs?

"Do you have needles?" He asks, dropping the chair slightly
‽ ROBOTICS (199 - 102 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

Thunderground
armchair Astronaut: 0-0
You Have Excellent Taste In shirts: 0-0
Handgun Bobcat: 0-0
Delorean Cowboy: 0-0


ROBOT2
Hat Garage: 6-3
Lilian: 5-3
Blue Max: 3-4
Neuromancer: 4-4


My USB-powered clothes dryer and I beg to differ!~attackfrog

im my own god ~MassimoV
That's nice, dear. Have you considered being your own god somewhere else? ~Rocket_III
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Madman
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Fighting in the shade

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by Madman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:07 am

<big>Emma Ashevak</big>

Emma gets down carefully from the chair. She stuffs the money in her boot for now. She'll worry about it later. Then, she hobbles back to the living room to join the others. Best not to act suspicious. Best not to trust.

<big>Kayla Flanagan</big>

Kayla decides to just own up... partly. "Hey, so yeah... this is blood. I had to stab some sketchy guy's hand when he tries to steal this sewing machine. It's for you, mom, and the other things are for the rest of you guys. We've too poor for too long."
ARC Record: 420-1

Pretty much the best person on ARC

User avatar
NWOWWE
Posts: 6853
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:12 am

All of them, huh? Yeah I just bet...

At this point there really didn't seem to be any reason to not hear her out. If she wanted him followed or dead it would probably happen whether he walked away from this conversation or not.

"Well color me intrigued. Come on in and tell me more about it. Unfortunately I don't any refreshments to offer you other than my ice here. I haven't taken much time to settle into the room since I checked in. Call of the card tables and all that, you know?"
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1122
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:50 am

Crazy Zane

The smallish man regards them both, lingering uneasily on Zane. He looks vaguely familiar. "No, no needles. I'm trying to find a way that we can avoid those, because there are definitely some people who think needles are the answer."

He looks at the leftover eggs still sitting in the pan. "Uh... any chance I could have a peck at those?" he asks Evelyn.

"I don't know," she replies, her demeanor shifting once again. "Can you?"

He lets himself in tentatively, and before long, he's seated and eating. Zane settles back onto his chair, still fidgety and distrustful, but his head's really spinning. The small man regards him intently.

"They really doped you up," he says. "I told them it was a bad idea. You're not an animal." He shovels a forkful of eggs into his mouth. "Anyway, I'm Frank, Frank Parlo. I came here because I wanna give you two the straight goods."

Evelyn all but glares at him.

"There's a threat, a big threat, maybe even an existential threat, and most people are too busy being ostriches about it."

"Ostriches?" asks Zane.

"Yup," Frank continues, shoveling more eggs into his mouth. Zane is hungry, but eggs are disgusting. "like, sticking their heads in the ground at the sight of danger. Some are ignoring it and some want to evacuate. Either way, that's gonna get us all killed." He takes another bite. "This is really good," he enthuses, "even the drugs." He swallows. "Good thing I took the antidote."

Evelyn is poker faced.

"Anyway, we've gotta meet this thing head on. It's a biological threat, so we're looking to see if we can co-opt it." He gets up and grabs some orange juice from the fridge. "Want any?"

Evelyn shakes her head.

Zane is thirsty.

"So that's where people like you two come in. You both have criminal records as long as Sri Lankan surnames, and would've faced the chair. So we're giving you the chance to redirect your desire to destroy towards a mutual enemy: the bios."

<hr />

Emma Ashevak

Emma spends the next few days playing a dangerous game and keeping the cash on her at all times. Kayla comes calling one evening, but Emma's not healed up enough yet to make a run for it if she needs to, so she talks the kid down and tells her to wait. You're one enthusiastic little crook, aren't you? Some of the others seem restless, but they don't fuck with Emma. She's the one who led them to the big score, after all. Maybe in a few days she'll be ready. Still, she gets the sense that Kayla may decide to go it on her own this time. Is that a good idea?

Kayla Flanagan

Kayla can see the questions lurking beneath the surface with her family. They don't go away, even as she eats dinner and mother washes her clothes. And yet, over the next week, they thrive. She watches them. They accept without knowing that their good fortune is ill-begotten. They're tired of being poor too, but their newfound decadence (at least comparatively), needs to be fed, which means that Kayla needs another score.

It's almost midnight when she slips out the back door. Moira notices her, but Kayla holds a finger to her lips and the child nods and says nothing. She makes her way to Emma's flophouse and knocks on the door. What she finds is timidity and uselessness. Emma's drunk, stoned, or both. The people in her gang are useful maybe as distractions, but at least they seem a bit more eager to do something. Emma counsels caution. She'll be ready to go in a few days, but Kayla can't afford to wait, nor does she see why she should be following Emma's lead and taking the smaller cut again.

<hr />

Larry Walker

They have an awkward conversation. It's clear before long that neither one is actually flirting and neither knows much of anything, only Larry kind of does. 'Maria' rises and stretches. Dayum&#33; and smoothes her dress out a bit. Larry notices the way that her hand hovers over the spot where her leg holster was for a split second.

"Mind if I use the bathroom for a moment?" she asks. Ugh, Mychal, not now&#33; He's trying to call her.

What should Larry do? He's honestly torn. This may be a very dangerous moment. Tell her about the Price Masters assassination and hope, cut and run while she's on the can, or keep playing stupid?
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)


The Monsterworks: 149 - 43 (.776) ...Probably up to no good.
The Cherry Bomb Classic III: 7-0Show
Carbonemys: 3-0
Black Diamond: 2-0
I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 2-0

User avatar
NWOWWE
Posts: 6853
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Larry was surprised to find himself just a bit disappointed that the conversation hadn't really gone anywhere interesting when the bathroom question struck him like a wave of cold water. His brain immediately pulled a memory of watching that ancient movie The Godfather. A character left a discussion that wasn't going anywhere to go to the bathroom, got a gun and then before you knew it those other saps were being blown away. Paranoia? Maybe, but... she still had that hidden gun that she couldn't help but unconsciously check on.

All in all he couldn't remember ever being in tighter bind than this. He didn't have many chips to put in the pot here so he figured he may as well go all in. Gotta keep her interested.

"No not all. But since we've had this time talk, there was one other thing I've heard concerning Winston Price Masters that I think you might be interested to know..."
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Post Reply