Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
User avatar
NWOWWE
Posts: 6840
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:57 pm

Contract killing was a lot more than Larry would have ever expected from Willard. No wonder he nearly jumped out of his skin back in the elevator. Yes, things were starting to make a bit more sense. And how fucking lucky was it that good ol' Larry here got a room right next to this kind of action?

Larry sat down on the edge of his bed and rubbed at his temples trying to think. He found himself wishing he actually was as drunk as he had been pretending to be because then non of this shit would matter.

Let's try and piece together what little we know shall we? Willard, oh pardon me, REX is probably trying to convince Muscles to kill someone and there's no sign of life on the 3rd floor despite how long the elevator was there before. Feeling good about this yet Larry old buddy?

No, not in the slightest. And he suddenly wasn't so sure he wanted to be in this room right now. If he could hear them that easily then they most certainly would be able to hear almost anything in here. He grabbed the small bucket near the sink. Let's see if we can't find the ice machine somewhere on this floor.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:50 pm

"Oh yes Rebecca, let us get you an ice cream, maybe I shall get myself a 3rd French vanilla!

But Rebecca, more to the point, the evacuation... it is women and children first, and this may come as a surprise to you, but Ulysses Walk is a man! What must we do Rebecca?!"

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:23 pm

Larry Walker

Larry manages to slip out of his room as quietly as a whisper, and he pads across the hallway in his socks. That's when he hears the click of high heels on the stairs. The young woman who he remembers from earlier is rounding the final bannister and she'll be on the fifth floor any moment. She's dressed completely differently, but Larry remembers that she was carrying a gun before. He has to make a decision quickly. Just what will he do?

Ulysses Walk and Rebecca Rose

Rebecca giggles at his enthusiasm. "Even after that much pain, huh?"

Ulysses smiles and shrugs. Rebecca begins to wonder if she can take anything that he says seriously. Then he surprises her: "But Rebecca, more to the point, the evacuation... it is women and children first, and this may come as a surprise to you, but Ulysses Walk is a man! What must we do Rebecca?!" It's still delivered with his trademark tongue-in-cheek humour, but there's a serious question lurking.

Rebecca lets out a sigh and looks over the ocean. It looks so peaceful, so beautiful there under the setting sun. That it could be the source of so many horrors... I don't strictly believe it.

"I don't know what to do, Ulysses," she admits. "To be honest, I think it's an overreaction. There's some flooding, the colonists lose themselves, and everybody runs around saying that the legends were true. I think it's just as likely that there are cycles we don't fully understand yet."

Ulysses slurps the last bit of his ice cream. "People tell stories," he agrees.

"I'm not sure if I want to evacuate. What would you do?"

Adahy

Adahy quickly falls back into a routine: hunting, fishing, and carefully transporting some of the tender sprouts that he had planted near his old dwelling. Days pass, and then much of a week. He does his rounds. he finds new berry bushes and new sources of herbs and building materials. He checks his traps. His fears begin to ease away. He is far enough from society that it might just leave him alone. Yet, there is a nagging feeling that he has: a desire to do something more than just subsist, to be productive or creative in some way. As he falls asleep one night, he ponders this question.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)


The Monsterworks: 141 - 42 (.770) ...Probably up to no good.

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:35 pm

"I just want to have a good time Rebecca, like we are having now, things like this... I don't like them. I want to do nice things with nice people, but if you'd be evacuated with the the women and children, and me maybe months later...

... I like it here! I just want everyone to stay!

Made up your mind about the flavour?"

User avatar
NWOWWE
Posts: 6840
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: E-Town, PA
Contact:

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Oh yeah, this is okay. The very next person you run into is the girl from downstairs. The one with the fucking gun!

If all the other things that happened since Larry ducked into that elevator where throwing off warning flags then this was a fucking klaxon alarm. Larry would have bet all the money he just won that this girl had something to do with whatever the murder plot was and would have gone double or nothing that see was tailing him. Coming up the same stairway he just went up? Sure, nothing suspicious about that.

Well what are you going to do? Hide? Don't make me laugh Larry, there's nowhere to go. And drunk or not, trying to run laps up and down the floors is just about the most suspicious thing you could do. And tearing back to your room would be a REALLY dumb move, especially if they're tailing you. Nothing to do but keep up the happy-go-lucky drunk act for the time being. No point in giving her any reason to be suspicious of you.

Keeping his face passive, he continues his quest for the finest ice this floor can provide.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:57 pm

Zane squints angrily, more confused than anything else. he waits for her to eat before doing so himself, and still refuses to sit down.
‽ ROBOTICS (199 - 102 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

Thunderground
armchair Astronaut: 0-0
You Have Excellent Taste In shirts: 0-0
Handgun Bobcat: 0-0
Delorean Cowboy: 0-0


ROBOT2
Hat Garage: 6-3
Lilian: 5-3
Blue Max: 3-4
Neuromancer: 4-4


im my own god ~MassimoV
That's nice, dear. Have you considered being your own god somewhere else? ~Rocket_III
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Ulysses Walk and Rebecca Rose

Rebecca glances over at him appreciatively, before looking at her feet - painted red toenails in sandals padding gently across the boardwalk.

"I think I'm likely to stay as well. This is my home. I like it here. I like the people here."

"As you might've guessed, I feel the same way." Ulysses takes a look out at the setting sun and the seagulls circling over the wharves. Freighters come and go in the distance. "By the way," he asks, "made up your mind about the flavour?"

She grins at him. "I'm feeling a bit adventurous, and looking for something that fits the mood."

They reach the ice cream stand and the man with the mustache smiles at them. "Back already?" he asks.

Rebecca smiles. "Ulysses here started me craving."

"I've been known to do that," he replies with a smirk.

"I'll have a Black Raspberry Thunder," she says. "In a waffle cone." She glances at Ulysses. "You want another French Vanilla? Is it love?"

Crazy Zane

Evelyn all but rolls her eyes. "My God, Zane. Some things just don't change." She plops herself down unceremoniously on a dining chair and shovels a great big steaming forkful of scrambled eggs into her mouth. She looks at him as if to say, "we cool now?"
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)


The Monsterworks: 141 - 42 (.770) ...Probably up to no good.

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:36 pm

"yes, and yes"

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Zane squints a bit harder, and aggressively pokes at the food with his fork. He takes a tentative bite, before remembering that he doesn't particularly enjoy eggs
‽ ROBOTICS (199 - 102 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

Thunderground
armchair Astronaut: 0-0
You Have Excellent Taste In shirts: 0-0
Handgun Bobcat: 0-0
Delorean Cowboy: 0-0


ROBOT2
Hat Garage: 6-3
Lilian: 5-3
Blue Max: 3-4
Neuromancer: 4-4


im my own god ~MassimoV
That's nice, dear. Have you considered being your own god somewhere else? ~Rocket_III
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alexjh
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by Alexjh » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Molly considers the new device and then gives it a quick go, inputting "Hi, my name is Molly" into it in her best impression of what someone might say to a new acquaintance. That sounded reasonable right?

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Crazy Zane

To his surprise, Zane finds that there's a message hidden under his scrambled eggs. It reads,

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>note</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Keep calm. Eat the eggs. All is not as it appears. We're test subjects. They're using the bios to make super-people they can control. Really am your half-sister. Don't expect you to remember. Working on a way out. Don't know much more yet. Play it cool.[/quote]

<hr />

Ulysses Walk

Ulysses inhales the rest of his ice cream as Rebecca licks at hers thoughtfully. "Forgot how good this is," she muses. Then she notices that there's a spot of ice cream on the tip of his nose. She reaches up with a slender finger and swipes it, licking her finger clean. "Lookin' classy there Ulysses," she manages with a giggle.

Then, their attention is drawn to the nearby docks, where a half-squad of soldiers have filtered onto a tramp steamer, while their lieutenant argues with the captain of the ship.

"But this ship is property of the Maranzano Brothers," the captain can be heard shouting. "You can't just take it. The company's not even registered here. It's based in Halifax&#33;"

"You will be handsomely compensated for your efforts on our behalf, captain McQueen, and comfortable accomodations will be provided at The Wall for you and your crew. This ship is being commandeered under subsection 7.3.1, Athabasca Amendment heading C. Ships running under contract on regular service - whereby regular is defined as at least once monthly - from colonial ports to ports upon The Wall may be commandeered for government use in situations of extreme emergency so long as the crews and shipowners are fairly compensated and retain ownership of the vessel and it is returned to them in condition comparable to which they signed it over in. Furthermore" -

"I in't signing over shit&#33;" The captain bellows, throwing his cap on the ground. "This is my ship. My command&#33; It's m' first command&#33; Yuh realize Ah'll never work again if I just up and give yeh me ship&#33;"

Rebecca looks at Ulysses again and sighs. "Let's go somewhere else, huh?"

<hr />

Larry Walker and Maria Tibrus

Rex is about as subtle as a bulldozer. Winston Price Masters Larry almost lets out a low whistle. That's a big target.

Surreptitiously, he glances over his shoulder. Shit&#33; There's no avoiding her. The young woman with the little black dress and the gun and the evil plan and the really nice legs is coming straight for Larry. In other news, at least he's found some great ice. How's he going to talk his way out of this one, or should he just run?

<hr />

Rex Willard and Mathias Tibrus

"Kill someone, huh?" Mathias replies. "That's kind of what we do."

"And that's why we picked you." Rex stops to take a puff of his cigar. "Anyhow, You might've heard of Winston Price Masters, he's going to be in town next week."

Who hasn't heard of him, Mathias thinks, but he stares blankly at Rex. One of the biggest rabble-rousers in SoDA. Loud, xenophobic, hateful, charismatic. Colonists looking for the power and privilege that they lost flock to him like moths to a flame.

"Anyway, he's a politician, and a thoroughly horrible guy. He's coming to Cahokia to make a speech this weekend. We want to make sure that it's his last speech. Can you do that for us?"

<hr />

Molly Rivers and Tarein

It takes them a little bit of fiddling around, and Molly makes some on-the-fly adjustments, but eventually, she and Tarein - what an odd name, Nordic-derived, most likely - are able to have something of a conversation. The small foreign woman is profoundly confused, and it seems almost as if she's come from an entirely different world. Much as that has to be pure balderdash, I'm rather sure, from what I've read, that the Korean peninsula isn't as backward as she's describing it. Something definitely isn't adding up.

But then, before Molly can really start applying her mind to the mystery, there is a rather forceful knock on the door. Marigold gets up and scampers over to answer it.

---

Tarein looks on. She has been using this strange device to communicate. Western technology is phenomenal, and a bit terrifying. That sort of knock, though, she recognizes it. It's the forceful, self-assured, and somewhat impatient knock of a government official. Sure enough, there is a man in uniform on the other side of the door when Mary Gold opens it.

He tips his hat. "Good afternoon, ma'am." He glances inward and nods at both Molly and Tarein, pausing a little bit upon noticing Tarein's Asiatic features. I am a exotic foreigner over here. This is unreal. He returns his attention to Mary Gold.

---

"Just conducting a brief survey. I'll just need the names, ages, genders and marital statuses of anybody currently living at this residence."

Marigold blinks. "Whatever for?" Molly has a sinking feeling. It's this evacuation they're planning. They're being a bit hasty.

---

He hides his annoyance at having to recite his little speech for what is probably the umpteenth time today. "As you may have heard, a state of emergency has been declared, and there is a voluntary evacuation order in effect. In order to guarantee you a place on one of the ships should you choose to take it, we just need some information."

Yes, because evacuating in ships across a sea suddenly filled with unexplained monsters is a brilliant idea. She pauses. Well I suppose it is voluntary, and I don't want to be uncooperative.

"Right then," she replies. "Marigold Mahler, aged twenty-seven, female...unmarried."

He writes it all down in his little notebook. "Thank you very much, ma'am." Then he makes a questioning face, peering tentatively inside. "And these other two?"

"Oh, they don't live here. They're only visiting, though Tarein's a long term guest."

"Well, if she's staying for more than a month, it'd be best if we had her information."

That's when Marigold realizes that she really doesn't know anything about Tarein. "Tarein, this man is from the government. He wants some information about you. Can I give it to him?"

---

For this entire time, the official at the door and Mary Gold had been speaking their western tongue, but Tarein noticed the way that he looked at her. He's curious, and a bit professionally suspicious. Then, Mary Gold had switched over to her rather poor - but nonetheless extremely welcome - Korean. Give him what he wants, refuse, or lie? she wonders.

<hr />

Adahy

After wrestling with himself, Adahy decides that there is no purpose in life but what one makes. He fades deeper into the woods and further from society and his fellow humans. He wants nothing more than to get away, to escape. After a time, the people in the shanties below the hills and the city beyond are no concern of his and he is no concern of theirs. Perhaps someday, he will re-emerge.

<hr />

Jack Smith

The soldier looks at Jack expectantly, and uncharacteristically, Jack freezes up.

"Either deaf or dumb," the soldier shouts back at his retreating colleague. "Ain't of much use to us."

However, before Jack can react any further, there is a scuffle nearby and muffled shouts. Ethan is hauled up beside him, bound and gagged, and tossed unceremoniously to the ground. He squirms into a sitting position and manages to loosen the gag enough to talk in a somewhat muffled way. "Shit&#33; They got you too, buddy?"

<hr />

Fabio Pioli

Fabio watches the little screen. Subjects A-37 and C-14 are interacting. The mood regulating meds seem not to have kicked in yet for C-14. A-37 is far better behaved than she used to be. She's even cooked breakfast for him. Fabio could use some food, but first he has to take notes on their encounter.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)


The Monsterworks: 141 - 42 (.770) ...Probably up to no good.

Alexjh
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by Alexjh » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:15 pm

"Um, excuse me sir, but are you able to give us any details of what is going on with the evacuation? I've heard the general gist, but what's made people finally decide it is going to be now, and how do the criteria for who gets off first work?"

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:22 pm

Zane pushes around the eggs suspiciously, contemplating throwing them at her until he finds the message. While he doesn't necessarily believe it, it sounds like it might be a good idea to have someone direct his rage a bit better. and this lady seems decent enough for the time being. he can always crush her if she does try anything anyway.

and on the bright side, he loves the taste of paper.

"Don't like eggs" he says, tossing the rest of them into a nearby trash bin, along with the plate.
‽ ROBOTICS (199 - 102 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

Thunderground
armchair Astronaut: 0-0
You Have Excellent Taste In shirts: 0-0
Handgun Bobcat: 0-0
Delorean Cowboy: 0-0


ROBOT2
Hat Garage: 6-3
Lilian: 5-3
Blue Max: 3-4
Neuromancer: 4-4


im my own god ~MassimoV
That's nice, dear. Have you considered being your own god somewhere else? ~Rocket_III
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MadBull
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by MadBull » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Ulysses sees the argument going on, and sees the prospect of adventure&#33; A sense of adventure, that's what will wow a lady&#33; He barely hears Rose's suggestion to go elsewhere, as he gets as close to the argument as he can.

"Gentlemen&#33; What seems to be the problem?"

Toxic
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

Post by Toxic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Adahy emerges from the forest canopy into an open field. The sunlight is overbearing and he squints. In the distance, maybe a mile or so as the crow flies, lays the village that forced him to move further away.

"It is time" he says. Adahy gathers provisions, weapons, and other things and begins his trek back to the village.

Post Reply