Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
sapp2013

Post by sapp2013 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:10 am

Mathias - "after you" as I stick out my arm as a gesture to tell him to go. Alright just stay calm. Get to the room, then do business. That other guy is no big deal. Although probably should just take extra precautions if I see him again. Cards. That guy likes cads. Rex said something about cards and the guy had a deck on him. Or was he just happy to see me? Heh. Ok stop smiling. It wasn't that funny. Business. Focus.

---

Maria - "so how do I look?"

Mychal - "beautiful." He says in a quick voice and not turning around in his chair or taking his eyes off the computer to look.

Maria - "hm. Fine. Let me know when you find out where he is going."

Mychal - "well he is just kinda wandering about right now, and seems to be drunk by his actions, but when we listened to him, his speech didn't seem slurred enough. Maybe he is putting on a show? Or conducts himself well around others? Let's just wait and see what happens."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:27 am

Zane stays silent, eyeing her suspiciously, as of yet not willing to respond
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Thinking this might make it easier to deal with, Molly has a rummage around in her bag to see if she can put together some sort of rudimentary translator enough to at least get the basics across...

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:09 am

Adahy has quietly been building onto his new territory for the past few days. He should have no problems from anyone now.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:32 pm

Ulysses Walk

coming soon...

Crazy Zane

Evelyn waits for a moment. Then she turns around and whisks the eggs some more. "Well I suppose you don't. No matter."

She turns back around and leans against the counter, crossing her arms. "You're in the Weald - the Iron Weald. I imagine that you don't imagine any of your history, or mine by proxy, so I'll spare you. You're part of a government project to harness the empowering effects of the bios you've been eating, but without the psychoactive effects." She glances behind her shoulder and whisks the eggs again. "You're alright with scramble?"

Larry Walker and the Tibrus Siblings

Larry wanders around for a little while, grabbing a can of root beer from the vending machine, and unable to find much of anything, though one of the rooms appears to be occupied. Seeing that the others have continued up to the fifth floor, he considers going up there or perhaps checking out that room under the guise of drunkenness.

Meanwhile, Mychal listens in as Rex (or Willard?) exits the elevator with his brother. "Room 504", he hears the big man whisper. The two of them enter and the door closes behind.

"It's simple," he hears Rex say. "We need you to kill somebody."
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:01 pm

"and who agreed to this for me?" he asks gruffly, still not really believing any of this
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:06 pm

She looks up at him challengingly. "I did, Zane. It was that or the chair. You're a violent reoffender. I'd strongly recommend playing their game for now." She takes the eggs off of the plate and shovels them into a pair of plates.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:52 pm

"Why refuse to tell me what you think my past is then? Afraid I'll see through the lie?"
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:28 pm

Larry drank his root beer, intentionally slopping a couple times. It was damn quiet in this hallway and that was making him uneasy. And truth be told a bit disappointed. He had expected SOMETHING to be going on. Well he could shamble up to his room. That's where the guys in the elevator were going.

Stairs though. Let's try the stairs.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:18 am

"These French vanillas are not gonna eat themselves!"

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:22 am

I try to stand up, but the positioning of the hook between my legs makes this more challenging that I would have anticipated. And they want my name. Great work thinking this through.

From my position on the ground, I try to use the heel of my shoe to carve a 'J' into the ground, facing Awesome Hammer's troops. Technically not my name, but much easier to spell with my feet. I then attempt to stand again, this time bracing myself against the truck and pushing myself up with my legs. I can't quite stand upright thanks to the hook, but at least I'm on my feet.
poopity scoop

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Ulysses Walk and Rebecca Rose

After what seems like an eternity, but is only a few seconds, Rebecca notices the shadow looking over her. She blinks and looks up, shielding her eyes against the late afternoon sun. Immediately, she cracks a smile. "You're such a goofball!"

Then her smile turns ironic. "There's just one little problem, though..." She lets out a snort of laughter. "I don't like French Vanilla."

Larry Walker

Larry saunters up the stairs, genuinely a bit tired. His earlier low having turned to satisfaction after making a killing at the tables, and that high, in turn, having faded. He still hasn't entirely given up on the idea that he might have stumbled onto something big. When he opens the door to his room, his bags are waiting inside. "I need you to kill somebody", he hears. Larry stiffens. You don't hear that every day. It's Willard's voice and it's coming from the next room over. Either the walls are very thin, or there's some kind of... Larry pinpoints where the sound is coming from. There's a hole in the wall under the nightstand, with cords and wires for the room's electricity running through it. Larry crouches. He can hear what's going on a room away quite clearly. The question is, should he he keep listening, or butt out now? If he leaves andd makes any noise, will he be in danger?

Mychal and Maria Tibrus

By the time that Maria exits the room, looking like a vision of sophistication, 'Gard' isn't there anymore. She peeks back into the room that Mychal and her have commandeered. "Fifth floor, right?"

Mychal nods distractedly. "That's what I said."

Maria rolls her eyes and walks out of the room. Up the stairs in heels. Ugh. I guess I can just kick them off if I need to be more mobile. Fifth floor, though. That's the floor that Mathias is on. Not good. Maria heads upstairs, wondering if she should still try to get information from Gard or whether she should take him out if it's clear that he's spying.

Crazy Zane

Evelyn looks at Zane, and for the first time, her facade cracks a little bit. It seems to express nothing so much as, "for fuck's sake..."

She turns around for a moment and rearranges the eggs in the plate, or at least that seems to be what she's doing. Then she looks back at him again. "Zane, just eat your damned eggs. I think you'll find them really helpful."

This woman's good at talking with her face, Zane thinks. A flash of something secretive and warning flashes across her features. Almost as if she's trying to say that "we can't talk here."

Molly Rivers, Marigold Mahler, and Tarein

For a moment, something like disappointment flashes across Marigold's face, but it's quickly replaced by interest in Molly's potential solution. Truth be told, she hasn't quite finished the universal translator. The main issue has really been portability. She's quite convinced that there's technology within the wall from before the Great Rising that's ill-understood and far in advance of what they currently enjoy and that it could prove to be a real boon to her efforts. However, the authorities have flatly refused access to its core systems to everyone, including her. They're determined to treat it as if it's magic, and from my experience, there's no such thing as magic, only science that we don't yet understand.

"Well, I don't necessarily disbelieve you," Molly eventually remembers to reassure Marigold, "It's just that there's very little I can do about anything on that end." She pulls out a rather clunky-looking device with a small typewriter, some dials and knobs, and a paper ribbon dispenser not unlike that of a cash register. "However, I've managed to rig this up. It's not universal. There's simply no way to fit that much in terms of information in there. It's a translator. You type in one language, and it prints in another. So far, it can manage English to most Asian languages, as those were the ones that you were working on." If she speaks Korean, I'll have to add a second keyboard to allow her to type in reply.

At just that moment, Tarein emerges from down the hallway, slightly wide eyed. This may be the perfect opportunity to test the device.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Emma Ashevak

Emma slips inside, trying to seem casual. She wants to hide her money in one of the ventilation shafts in the ceiling.

Kayla Flanagan

Kayla decides to walk right in the front door. Damn the consequences.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:32 pm

"That's alright, my love for French vanilla is insatiable, I'll have both! And for you, I shall return to the vendor if ice creams, but not before you told me what flavour you prefer out of Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, French Vanilla, Pralines and Cream, Rocky Road, Moose tracks, Mint Chocolate, and Black Raspberry Thunder!"

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:05 pm

Jack Smith

The soldiers watch Jack with bemused expressions. They murmur amongst themselves. Two of them speak in a language that he's only vaguely familiar with: Cree. At least, he thinks that's what it is.

"I think we've found a prisoner," one of them proposes.

Jack nods animatedly. Yes, yes! A prisoner.

She looks to be a bit higher ranking than the others. "Go get the lieutenant," she tells a pimple-faced teenager.

The other two look at him. "Can. You. Speak. ?" asks one.

Emma Ashevak

Emma finds that slipping in unnoticed is impossible, especially when one comes back from a long, unexplained absence with a splint on her foot and a strange satchel. Immediately, Ronnie is there to question her and to worry. This might be a problem, she thinks. Emma likes Ronnie for the sex and because he's reliable. That's about it. He's just another guy in another town on her way to finding her parents. "I'm fine," she insists, waving away his help. "I went up into the foothills early this morning to scout for that police detachment they said was coming in and I twisted my ankle on a rock. One of the woodsmen helped me." She studies his face for signs of jealousy or protectiveness, but doesn't detect much of anything. She's not sure if she's relieved or disappointed by that. Eventually, Ronnie fucks off into the kitchen with Harry and Lance, and she limps over to the closet, where one of the vents is loose. Emma manages to drag a chair over, but as soon as she tries to climb it, a sharp pain shoots through her shin and she has to bite down on a yelp. Shit! She really needs to hide this money, but she can't put it up there by herself. Should she bring Ronnie in on it?

Kayla Flanagan

Kayla walks through the door, bloodstains on her nice yellow dress and all, carrying the sewing machine and with a backpack full of kiwis. Kirk, Isla, Jim, and Moira are all seated around the kitchen table, and her mom is just finishing Grace Before Meals. They all turn to look at her. They take in the sewing machine. They notice the full backpack. They pause and look at the bloodstains on her dress. Kayla isn't exactly sure what to say.

Ulysses Walk

With a grin, Ulysses vacuums up both French Vanilla cones. Rebecca stifles a giggle. "My God, you're going to get a brain freeze!"

A shiver passes right through Ulysses, to the point of borderline excruciating pain. "Too late!" He cringes. "The things I do for love..."

Rebecca rises to her feet, carefully saving her page and placing the book in her bag. "Well, for some reason, you've actually got me craving now." She rocks back and forth on her heels playfully and holds out a hand. "Come on! Let's go and get me my ice cream - but I'm paying."
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)