Seasong: The Waves, They Will Rise

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Ulysses goes to see what flavours of ice-cream are available, focusing on the more exotic ones, he's not gonna approach Rebecca with vanilla!

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Ulysses Walk

The vendor smiles from beneath his big moustache, revealing the laugh lines around his eyes. "Trying to woo a girl, are we?"

Ulysses smirks. "A bit obvious, huh?"

"Just an old guy's intuition. Anyway, we have Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, French Vanilla, Pralines and Cream, Rocky Road, Moose tracks, Mint Chocolate, and Black Raspberry Thunder. Which one'll it be?"
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:30 pm

With his best French accent.

"I'll have 2 French vanilla and draw her like one of my French girls!"

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Zane figures he may as well look through the refrigerator for something resembling breakfast, hungry as he is. he does, of course, consider that window to look rather break-able if he were to put his mind to it. but why escape before eating some free food?
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:09 pm

Rex? What the hell was that about? Willard still seemed to come up with the weirdest shit...

At any rate, Larry was glad he seemed to have caught him completely off guard, he didn't really like Willard all that much so screwing him up felt pretty good.. He must really be nervous about whatever he's doing though. But even a goon like him shouldn't have lost his cool there. Now Larry was really curious as to what was going on.

He figured he'd follow Willard example and go with one of his fake names for the time being, at least until he got a much better picture of what was happening.

"Yeah I guess I must have," Larry said, shaking his hand enthusiastically. "Have a little too much scotch and people's faces start looking the same. Actually I'm glad you're not actually him." He then dropped his voice to the carrying whisper of the exquisitely sloshed. "He's kind of an asshole really. In fact I think he owes me 50 bucks."

He paused for a few moments.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to give you my name. Eric Gardner, good to meet ya." Larry offered his hand to the other guy in the elevator. "You can call me Gard though, all my friends do."
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

sapp2013

Post by sapp2013 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:32 pm

Mychal - "hmmm... that sounded suspicious. Willard, rex, whatever it is. he isn't what we thought he was. better keep a closer eye on him. sounds shaky in his speech."

Maria - "and we might be able to get info from this other guy too. uh eric. gard. that guy. how should we handle this?"

Mychal - "well, we could either just try talking to him, or trick him in a way, mostly utilizing you, and I could figure out which room he is in. OH THE CAMERA!" turns to the monitor. "completely forgot I set this up! alright. well, we will know what room he goes into, then reposition the traps in the correct spots, and then you go do your talking thing."

Maria - "well, duh. I didn't forget about the camera. psh. alright. I should probably wear a mic just incase. I feel like pretending to be a, uh, like, oh! like a secretary of his and make sure that mister Eric 'knows' what is up and find out what he actually knows about the situation at hand. hey, grab me the black dress. not the sparkly one, the more business, not the party one. yes! that one."

Mychal - "ugh. fine here ya go. now let me get back to this, take a bug out of the pack over there. makes sure to turn it ON. make sure its on the correct channel. yada yada yada."

---

Mathias - still sitting there. looking up at the ceiling to pass the time. hands behind his back, feeling for his swords that aren't there, but felt the gun and knife that are securely in his belt under his clothing. just kinda waiting for this damn elevator to drop this weirdo off.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:26 am

Molly eyes up the new visitor and then turns to Marigold...

"Was she the one at the police station yesterday? Err who is she? Any idea how she got here? Also what was it that was going on yesterday when you rang the club"

Also remembering her manners...

"Thank you again by the way for the bail, I'll pay you back as soon as possible!"

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:10 pm

Ulysses Walk

The ice cream vendor barks out a laugh, and shaking his head, walks over to prepare two French Vanilla cones. Ulysses pays, and walks away with his offering.

Rebecca is so engrossed in her book that she doesn't even notice as he shimmies on down and slides smoothly into her field of vision. When she finally looks up, she smiles slightly in recognition.

Crazy Zane

There are eggs, breakfast sausages, hash browns, bacon, assorted fruits, sliced bread, sliced bread, waffles, and pancake mix in the fridge and in the cupboards. It's a bit overwhelming. Zane's still in the process of deciding what to have for breakfast when he hears footsteps. He closes the refrigerator door, immediately on alert.

A woman in her early thirties, with curly light-brown hair and an apron over her bell-shaped dress walks into the room carrying a paper bag full of... Groceries, maybe? "Oh good," she exclaims, smiling, "You're up." She sets the bag down on the kitchen table and posts her hands on her hips. "What would you like for breakfast?"

Larry Walker and the Tibrus Siblings

The big guy doesn't shake Larry's hand, so Larry takes it back. "Strong and silent type, huh?" He turns to Willard and leans in conspiratorially. "Not the friendliest guy, is he?"

Willard makes a noncommittal noise.

"You know, I think he might be armed."

Before anyone can properly respond, Larry strolls out of the elevator, as yet unaware that he's being watched by Maria and Mychal on camera, but nonetheless on high alert beneath his veneer or pleasant drunkenness. That's when he realizes that he doesn't actually have a plan.

~~~~

Once 'Gard' steps out of the elevator, Rex - or is it 'Willard' - lets out a sigh of relief. "Guess I've gotta square with you, kid." He taps his cigar on the edge of the ashtray. "I know that fella. Larry Walker's his real name. Smalltime con artist and cardshark from New Chicago. Let's just say that I've been involved with some folks in the past who I'm not all that proud to have known and I was going by the name 'Willard' at the time. Kinda goes with the territory of the business that we're involved in." Then, just like that, the little bell rings, the indicator light flashes, and the door opens. They're at the fifth floor.

"Room 504," Rex says quietly.

Molly Rivers and Tarein

Coming soon...
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Zane is confused. he doesn't like being confused. he immediately charges the woman, pinning her against the wall by her shoulders. "WHERE AM I?"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:38 pm

Crazy Zane

The woman seems strangely unhurt and undisturbed. "Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. You're home, silly goose. That knock you took to the head must've really confused you."

With a lot more strength than she should have, she pushes his hands away gently but firmly. "Now why don't you sit down and have some breakfast, and we can talk about things. I imagine you have a lot of questions."
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:51 pm

As Larry did his slight stumble out of the elevator a quick look around was enough to convince him there wasn't anything overtly out of the ordinary going on on this floor. Well that was slightly disappointing.

What did you expect Larry? Hired goons everywhere? A wild party with people throwing cocaine at each other?

Well maybe nothing like that, but he had expected at least something out of the ordinary. Oh and by the way, Willard and friend weren't even getting off on this floor. The elevator door had closed behind him with both of them still in it. Well wasn't THAT some shit?

He stared dully around the hall of doors. The only thing clashing with the thematic decorations was a security camera. He thought it looked a bit smaller and more sophisticated than hotel security cameras tended to look, but that wasn't really too interesting in and of itself. So he passed it over without a second look.

The lights above the elevator then paused at the 5th floor.

How do you like that Larry? Getting off at your real floor.

Coincidence? Maybe, but Larry didn't like believing in them. Larry leaned against the wall as if he needed it's support and tried to think. He wasn't sure he wanted to race up to the 5th floor so soon. Even as a drunk it would seem too obvious that he was trying to follow them. Especially to Willard. And Larry wouldn't trust him as far as he could throw him. He could probably hang around here for a couple minutes and see if anything was going on. He sauntered his way down the hall to see if he could find a vending machine or something.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Zane frowns, thinking... home was not a cottage... home is by the sea... home was breezy and cold... and who is this... who is she to claim this?...

he recognized her strength, though, and this is enough to keep his rage in check - at least for now. he glares back at her; "you have a lot of explaining to do, starting with where we are." and if I don't like the answers... He cracks his neck and grimly looks down at her, holding the back of the chair in front of him, not yet sitting down - doing so would be a form of concession to her demands, as well as a loss of positional convenience if he does end up needing to attack her.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Crazy Zane

The woman smooths out her dress and apron and walks over to the refrigerator. Zane eyes her the whole way, waiting with growing impatience for her to respond to him. She's giving me her back. I could charge her right now and there's no way that she could stop me.

She takes out some eggs and bacon, grabs a pan from the cupboard, and turns the stove on. She glances back at him, and despite her annoying self-assuredness, seems genuinely a bit shaken. "They told me that you were violent, but I never imagined..." She pauses to crack an egg and drop it into the pan. A sizzle rises and the kitchen starts to fill with a delicious aroma. She faces him for a moment, eyes searching. "Zany, it's me, Evelyn, your sister." She pauses. "...Half sister, really. Do you remember nothing at all?" Abruptly, she turns away, and cracks another egg.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:58 pm

Marigold Mahler, Molly Rivers, and Tarein

"Ah yes," Marigold exclaims, reaching for her mail while she has the door open. "Come in. It seems that I have a lot of explaining to do."

Molly shifts out of the way as Marigold gathers her mail. Both of them glance briefly at the newspaper headline and Marigold sighs. They sit around the table. "Molly, this is Tarein." She repeats herself in an unfamiliar tongue that Molly nonetheless recognizes as Asiatic. "Tarein, this is Molly."

They exchange the most awkward greetings ever before Marigold riddles off a couple of sentences in that same language and Tarein responds with a few of her own. With a small nod and perfunctory smile, she rises from the table and heads for the washroom.

"Right," says Marigold, "I didn't want to just speak in front of her without her being able to understand. My Korean is limited and I've no idea how to handle her just yet."

Molly places her hands on the table. "Well, are you sure she's perfectly safe to be around?"

"Oh yes, perfectly." Marigold takes a sip of tea. "Would you like anything, by the way?"

"Some tea would be nice, I suppose."

Marigold rises and returns with a mug. "But no, she's not a danger. Seems she was in there as a precaution more than anything. Poor, lost thing. Neither her nor I have the slightest idea of how she ended up here. Anyhow," Marigold adds, shifting topic, "How has your research into refining the sound gun been going? I heard it made quite an impact."

"Quite well," Molly replies. "I have the parts that I need, and I've been working on rigging up a directional array. Most likely only a couple of days work and I'll have a functional 2.0 prototype."

"Well," says Marigold with a giggle, "remind me to bring some earplugs."

Earplugs likely wouldn't make a great deal of difference. Molly keeps the thought to herself, however.

"But I'm curious," Molly asks, "That phonecall yesterday night, was there anything especially urgent?"

Marigold pauses with her teacup halfway to her lips, and places it down on the table. "To be perfectly honest," Marigold admits, "I doubt there was much that I, or by extension you, could've done. You're familiar with that part time position I've taken on?"

"Up at the lighthouse in Falmouth?"

"Yes, that's the one." Marigold downs a particularly large sip. "Well I was involved in a truly dreadful business the other night."

"It was quite a fierce storm."

"Yes, indeed." Marigold looks around uneasily. "Molly, I heard a ship go down, by radio. I listened to them dying. I'm still rather beside myself, and..." She gulps. "There was something so very strange about it all. The radio operator on the ship - the Charles S. Merriweather - he said that there were - things in the water, and I could've sworn that I heard them." She looks at Molly and then abruptly looks away, emptying her entire teacup in one gulp. "I know that it sounds mad, but I've enough of a background in history to wonder, you know."

<hr />

Adahy

Adahy has moved camp enough times that he understands well how to do it. Upon rising a couple of hours before noon, he sets to work moving his food, checking his traps, and making his accommodations more comfortable. It is a busy and productive day. The sort of day that leaves one feeling full by its conclusion. In the evening, Adahy finds a small ridge and watches the sun set over the Appalachian foothills. For a moment, he ponders what it is that he might to tomorrow.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:47 am

"Oh Rebecca, the evacuation is coming and time is short, let us enjoy vanilla the French way&#33;"