The Spring Corps

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:05 am

Kuruth'Ondor grins. The others are near. His keen hearing has picked up the distinctive ring of the... elevator?

"What is the meaning of this word...'fun' that you use?" he rumbles. Perhaps he will fall for the jest.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Alexjh

The Spring Corps

Post by Alexjh » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:47 am

"I think someone may have been killed or injured - I found a damaged security card on the way down the stairs...maybe connected to this.... mess?"

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Dr. Taylor is visibly disturbed by the blood on the ground, and Ixtli's news makes things all the worse for him.

"This is bad. Everything about this is bad. So much for that raise I was going to ask for. Now, the `situation in medical.`" He glances at the pool on the ground and shudders. "Medical... down this way!" He rushes down the hallway where Gus went earlier.

<hr />

Kuruth'Ondor's question has confused the man.

"I... you know, I can't tell if you're being serious or not," he responds. "Not like it-"

One of his finger tendrils shoots forward without warning. It misses Kuruth'Ondor's face by mere inches and digs into the wall above Saalima.

"-matters."
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:22 pm

"Err, right&#33;" JunJun follows with increasing panic.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Only a reflexive dodge saved me there With this latest action, Kuruth'Ondor is aware that the time for stalling is over. Instantaneously, he lashes out with a lightning fast kick. Breaking a few of his bones weighed against our continued survival is a trade I would make again in a heartbeat.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:05 pm

This kick, unfortunately, is a rather poor choice on Kuruth's part, as it once again catches Saalima unaware, and the man is again wrenched from her mental grasp. this time she is visibly pained from the impact.

she grunts, and then moans in pain
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Alexjh

The Spring Corps

Post by Alexjh » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:49 am

Ixli follows Doctor Taylor. She has no idea what is going on in this strange world, but it seems like the people of this place would benefit from her help during this... attack or whatever it was...

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:46 pm

Taylor & company round the corner and almost immediately run into Gus, who is supporting himself against the wall and limping toward them.

"Gus, what are you doing out here? What's going on?" Dr. Taylor asks.

"Don't... don't go in there..." Gus responds, glancing over his shoulder at the open door at the end of the hall. "There's, uh... there's some real shit happening... seriously, don't..."

<hr />

Kuruth'Ondor's kick catches the man off-guard and sends him flying into the corner.

"You know, you have those big-ass swords there, but you insist on not using them for some reason," he snarls. The tendril in the wall partially retracts and takes a position directly over the now injured man. "And you don't seem keen on getting out of my way, either. I would just kill you both, but, well... I don't want to be known for killing the handicapped couple. You two have fun explaining that body your carrying, big guy&#33; If you didn't know what fun meant, you'll learn soon&#33;" He flashes a wide grin before the tendril above head shoots down, crashing through his skull. The red mist from before begins to escape from his eyes.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:58 pm

Saalima, now wholly pissed off, sees herhimwhatever leave the body and can't control her anger. her mind throws out a wave of force directly at the mist
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:59 pm

"What? And what if it's involving the other two?&#33; I'm not going to stand by and wait for something to happen&#33;" JunJun yells. She immediately bounds towards the door... but one scrap of carefulness does remain. Instead of bursting into the room, she prances beside the doorway and waits for something to happen.

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:12 pm

"Wha... no, wait&#33;" Gus shouts after JunJun. It's too late, though; she is most of the way to the door already.

The wave of energy from Saalima reaches Kuruth'Ondor first and throws him forward into the corner, through the mist and on top of the man's body. The woman he has been carrying over his shoulder is knocked free by the impact, and she falls to ground. The mist is more-or-less unnaffected, and it sails through the room into the hall.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:18 pm

JunJun can hear a plethora of sounds from the room beyond, and her teeth clench. She continues to wait... and then catches sight of something that completely horrifies her.

Something vapourous, dark, blood-red, is being emitted from the room, like a cloud of death. More and more drifts out of the room, and upon witnessing this phenomenon, JunJun's heart leaps into her throat. Never in her life had something like this ever happened...and although her limbs shake madly, she can't move for fear.

W-WHAT... WHAT IS THAT...

A wave of dread hits her - something terrible is about to happen.

The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Kuruth'Ondor recovers just on time to not crush the man beneath his great weight. He springs sideways and pivots around to face the new threat before realizing that it's the floating girl. That was pure frustration. How do you fight an enemy like this?&#33; In any event, though, he can sense the others coming. "Caution&#33;" He warns.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:33 am

At the sight of the mist, Gus attempts to push his way past the others, still leaning on the wall for balance. The mist passes through JunJun, then travels about halfway to the others before suddenly dropping through the ground out of sight. Dr. Taylor quickly grabs hold of Gus's arm.

"What was that?"

"Well, uh... I, uh, went into medical, like you, uh, told me to. And, uh, I waited a while, and-"

"Get to the point already&#33;"

"It just went into some guy's head and, uh... started killing people. And, uh, I'd have been next, but the others, uh, showed up at just the right time, and, uh, I think they're still in there." Kuruth'Ondor's warning rings down the hall. "Uh... yeah, that's one of them."

Dr. Taylor barely has time to process this new information before his radio sounds.

"Engineering to Taylor."

He takes the radio out of his pocket. "What now?"

"There's a breach. Subterranean scanner has gone offline."

"What do you mean by that?" Dr. Taylor snaps.

"It's hard to explain but, it just looks like-"

"Spit it out already&#33;"

"...it looks like someone's just gone and switched it off."

"Well, turn it back on&#33; Why are you telling me there's a breach?"

"Because Davis is a little bit all over the control board."

"Uhh... come again?"

"And the walls."

"Oh..." Taylor puts the radio away slowly and stares down the hall at nothing in particular. "Well, shit."
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:45 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH...&#33;&#33;&#33;

She couldn't help it.

The man had warned her, but no, she HAD to plunge into the danger like the hardheaded fool that her sisters always said she was. And now it had enveloped her, the red vapour... and her mind was doing somersaults her physical self would be proud of.

She was internally shrieking in protest, surely about to pass out again... just waiting for something, anything, to happen to her. To melt on the spot... burst into flames... sporadically mutate... even suffocate.

But nothing happened.

And before she knew it, JunJun saw the mist pass her and head away... towards the others.

She wanted to call out to them, to warn them, but her mind was in tatters. And then it was gone. The cloud of red had... gone through the floor?

JunJun couldn't think anymore. She fell to her knees, arms by her sides, and bowed her head, staring at the floor. She could hear voices, but refused to heed them.