The Spring Corps

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:28 am

Saalima watches Juno with some amusement, as well as worry she's going to get herself killed she turns her gaze back to Gus how does he plan on leaving this ship, exactly? She wonders as she herself floats upwards, re-resting herself on the edge of the almost-docks, alternating between watching the waves and watching Juno, debating whether or not she'd actually want to protect her if she was in danger
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:32 am

JunJun, looking back for a second, catches sight of Saalima and glares at her, immediately distrustful. She folds her arms again and continues staring around at the place, not looking back.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:33 am

"Wait!" Gus cries. He looks at the gap between the boat and the dock. "Someone help me over, quick!"

Meanwhile, JunJun is approached by two men in gray military-looking uniforms, each carrying what appears to be some sort of assault rifle. The one on the right speaks: "Do you have ID, ma'am?"
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:37 am

"Uhh..." JunJun edges backwards a little, confused. "What?"

She knows she's unprepared for this, but is quite prepared to leap backwards if they try and grab her or shoot at her.

Damn it! Why can't these kinds of things ever go my way?!

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:39 am

Saalima notices that no one else is helping gus over. she waves to get his attention, and then telekinetically lifts him and the wheelchair slowly off of the boat and onto the dock. she moves her arm through the air while she does this, in a way that makes it look like she is guiding him with it. in reality, she doesn't really need to do this, though it does help with her focus, and potentially makes the experience less stressful for Gus.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:00 am

Kuruth'Ondor scowls at the impetuousness of the green hair woman once more. The cripple helps Gus over with her magic while the water sorcerer and would-be king remain silent.

Two guards saunter over to confront her and ask for something called ID. Perhaps it is their currency around this place or a tribute required by their lord. The big warrior leaps out of the boat and lands on the dock. He puts a hand in front of the green hair woman and faces the guards, two hands hover close to but not right next to a sword and a shield. "What is this 'ID' that you speak of? Perhaps I might have some."
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:04 am

"Damn it, why is everybody trying to get in my way?" JunJun says, without thinking. She knows that she's definitely coming across as rude, but she doesn't care at this point. One look around here, and she's already sick of this world and wants to go home... and her restraint's breaking.

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:50 am

"That... that was cool! Thanks, by the way," Gus hurriedly says to Saalima. He then turns and starts wheeling himself as quickly as he can toward JunJun, Kuruth'Ondor, and the men with guns.

"Wait! Wait! They're... pant pant pant... they're with me..." he announces as he rolls up beside them. He holds up the card at the end of his lanyard and adjusts his hat.

The guard leans in to inspect it, then gives a nod of approval, first to the other guard, then to Gus. "Keep your guests under control, sir. I remind you that any damage they do is coming out of your paycheck." With that, they stand aside.

Gus looks back to JunJun and Kuruth'Ondor. "They're part of the, uh, security upgrades I mentioned earlier. We... uh, we had a few break-in attempts last month. The Haven guys, uh, got scared, I guess, and rented out some guards for us. I think it's unnecessary, but, uh, I don't really have a say in it. Anyway, Dr. Taylor... that's my boss, by the way... Dr. Taylor should be in his office right now. Let's, uh, hurry the others over here so you all can go and, uh, meet him."
poopity scoop

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:58 am

It seems that ID is a strange sort of neck jewellery that marks one as a follower of this Dr. Taylor. Kuruth'Ondor will have to look into acquiring an ID somehow. Mayhaps I will need to kill someone to prove my worthiness, or it could be as simple as a pledge of fealty. In the latter case, though, it will be him who will have to prove himself deserving of my loyalty. "Thank you for allowing us to make use of your ID, Gus of Digsite 306. Let us make haste to your leader and perhaps to have your wounds tended."
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:05 am

Frustration seems to ooze out of every pore on JunJun's body. There's literally nothing here, save rude and threatening lughead guards, a party consisting of the strangest folk she'd ever laid eyes upon, and some idiot who can't even do his job properly. She can't take it anymore!

"But... but why did I have to come here?! Why ME?!?" she yells. "Why couldn't it have been the stupid hag, or one of those dumb Guardians that keep getting in our way?! This is so unfair!!"

As much as JunJun liked adventuring, and the promise of a good challenge, she never wanted to be too far from her sisters. Being thrown into a post-apocalyptic wasteland with still no real idea how she got here save for a lunatic's banterings... this was too much!

"Now they're gonna be worried sick about me... !!! And I'm stuck in this... this dumb armpit of a town with no way out!!!"

JunJun glares at whoever's staring at her.

"Am I coming across as belligerent? Maybe, but I don't care... I want out... I want to see my family again... and I certainly don't want any more nightmares about dying worlds... !"

She pauses, realizing that she didn't mean to let that slip, but in her rapidly declining mental state it was bound to happen anyway. Her body shakes, as though she's going to combust any moment.

Alexjh

The Spring Corps

Post by Alexjh » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:55 am

Ixtli examines JunJun for a second, and then comes to a conclusion. A small whisp of water-magic holds the blood in her tongue rigid to stop her talking.

Ixtli then psychically projects thoughts into the woman's head - "If it is your desire to make your own like difficult, so be it, but we all want to get out of here in as smooth a way as possible. You bellowing your head off at people is not going to help anyone, and quite possibly get us quickly killed. I will have your back and try my best to get you and the rest of us home, but if you put my safety in jeopardy again through careless ranting, next time it may be the blood in your heart, not your tongue that I stop - do I make myself clear?"

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:08 pm

JunJun stops shaking. A voice just entered her temple... "WHA..."

She misses the first few words because of her interjection, but as she stares around like a mad thing for the source, the rest of the words penetrate her mind.

JunJun stares back at the party members, her heart pounding. It had to be one of them. Who else would say "we all want to get out of here" besides a member of her party, which she very clearly did not want to be a part of?

"I... I don't know which one of you did that..." she trembles, "but all I want to do is leave place behind. And let me make one thing very clear. I don't trust people who bring me out of my world, I don't trust... i-invalids..." she says, grasping at straws, "...that somehow have the power to make things float or fly or whatever, and I certainly don't trust beings that project their thoughts into my head, like just now. The only one of you I remotely trust is the big guy with the abnormal skin colour... n-not that it's abnormal where you come from," she adds to Kuruth'Ondor.

JunJun grabs her Amazon Stone and holds it to her breast, protectively.

"I'm sure you don't really trust me either. If I'm such a liability to you all, fine, I'll run off and leave you alone so my actions won't get you killed, and you won't have to deal with me, and vice-versa, and we'll both be the happier. But tell me: why should I stay?"

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Gus is visibly taken aback by JunJun's outburst, and it takes him a few seconds to think of anything to respond with.

"Uh... well, if you leave, uh... well, between the radiation outside this area, and the, uh, monsters and such dropping in from other worlds... I don't think your chances of survival are, uh, all that great. And the engineers here, uh... they're real geniuses. Give 'em a few days, you'll be safe at home before you know it. We just, uh, have to tell them you all are here, and, uh, they'll get right to work."

The two guards watch intensely, saying nothing.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:54 pm

JunJun no longer looks angry. Before she even knows it, her expression has melted away from that of outrage, to a look of melancholy. There's some shame she feels in having yelled at every single one of them, especially Kuruth'Ondor, and even this Gus guy, who isn't even being slightly malicious about the deal and seems to genuinely want to get her back home.

"I..." She slowly sets herself down and crosses her legs, and addresses Gus more than any of them. "I'm sorry. I'm reeeaaally bad at handling these situations, as you just saw. My sister Ceres is more level-headed... I've just never been removed from her or Pallas or Vesta for... well, long periods of time. I'd do anything for them, just like they would for me.

"I still don't trust a few of you," she says, a bit louder this time, "like that woman with the wheelchair who can make things fly... or whoever threatened in my head that they'd stop the blood in my heart. That makes me want to tear their eyes out with my bare hands."

Her gaze lingers on Ixtli and P'rt for a moment.

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:16 pm

Saalima sighs; half of her wants to rip juno's head from her body, the other half wants to curl up in a ball, and give up.

Somehow, she builds up the courage to say something. "Ze lack of transparency on my part was a necessary evil in order to protect my own safety. I have done nothing to threaten or harm you - or you for that matter" she interjects, waving her arm lightly at KO, his actions towards her making it clear as to how he feels about her. "A lack of trust will prevent us from acting in the best interest of ze group, and threatening each other will not get us much further." She finishes, looking pointedly at Ixtl
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122