The Spring Corps

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:24 am

The conversation is interrupted by a sharp cry.

"Can anyone hear me!? Help!"

The voice is close. It seems to be coming from one of the adjacent towers.

"Heeeeeeelllllllllp!"
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:37 am

Momentarily mystified by all the conversation taking place, JunJun suddenly hears a loud voice requesting... someone's help.

Danger? Who is that? ...maybe they'll know something about this. All right, I'm blowing this taco stand!

JunJun leaps off the plinth and towards the sound of the voice.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:55 am

Whatever the strange king-in-his-own-mind might have said is cut off by something more urgent. A voice screams for help from one of the nearby towers and the strangely dressed woman of the unidentified species bolts forward to help. He can sense that she is young, quick, eager - perhaps for battle given that she seems to have the temperament of a fighter - but charging headlong into danger with no reservations is not how he has survived almost twenty years of constant warfare.

Eager young fool! he berates her mentally. Yet, he says nothing. If they are to be companions, he may have to save her from herself. Just as a phalanx loses its strength when one warrior falls, so their strangely and unwillingly assembled team would be much the weaker for the loss of one of its stronger members. As it is, the cripple will likely be deadweight. He feels a flash of anger at the sadism of whoever brought her here simply to die.

Sheathing his swords, he calls after the impulsive woman. "Do not be so hasty! This reeks of a trap!" However, she doesn't seem to hear him and is already leaping for the next tower with zugarrlike grace. Godsdammit he mutters under his breath. He charges after her, reaching into one of his many pouches for his grappling hook.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:09 am

Saalima immedatly takes a disliking to P'rt people don't get to own people...perhaps he has brought us to - - -wherever this is

she hears the cry for help to, and is entertained when two of them immediately go towards it impulsive, then. or eager.... or curious... she looks for an alternate way towards the plea for help. a more disabled accessible one
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

MadBull

The Spring Corps

Post by MadBull » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:27 am

P'rt goes to the cry.

"I, AM, YOUR, OWNER. WHAT, ARE, YOU?"

The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:46 am

"You!" Kuruth'Ondor shouts, "Would-be-king!" He pauses for just a moment. He might be able to make the jump without using the grappling hook. "We need to stay together as a group! Make yourself useful and perhaps I will respect you. Gather up the crippled girl and follow us. Time is short!"

Kuruth'Ondor decides not to risk it. He twirls the grappling hook a handful of times, picks his spot, and sends it towards a pillar in the building where the impulsive woman has landed. It clatters across the white stone, catches, and holds fast. "Sorcerer. If you have the power to help them, now would be a good time to use it." With that, he leaps.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:28 am

<big>JunJun/Kuruth'Ondor:</big>

JunJun leaps, and sees that the gap she is clearing is a long drop into murky water. She lands safely on the other building, and luckily on the correct level as well. A large boulder is in the center of the room, notably out-of-place, and a beige ball cap lies upside-down near it.

"Is anyone there&#33;? Help&#33;" The voice is definitely coming from behind the rock. JunJun is near enough to make out various expletives, unintelligible sounds, and panicked breathing from whoever is back there.

Meanwhile, Kuruth'Ondor arrives just in time to see JunJun take a step toward the boulder...
poopity scoop

Alexjh

The Spring Corps

Post by Alexjh » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:37 am

Ixtli follows the athletic pair forward, but upon reaching the gap, notices the water down below, and has a faint pang of homesickness. Netherless, this can be made use of, and reaches out with her magic to build a broad bridge using the water itself.

MadBull

The Spring Corps

Post by MadBull » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:34 pm

P'rt follows his subjects, what is P'rt without subjects after all.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:47 pm

I guess that's one way to make it disabled accessible...may as well follow

Saalima pushes her way over to the bridge - but waits for someone else to cross it first. to make sure it's safe.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:39 pm

JunJun hesitates for a fraction of a second, and then very slowly approaches the boulder, taking in the isolated baseball cap with trepidation and expecting an attack at any second.

The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:15 pm

Kuruth'Ondor reels his grappling hook back in and tucks it into its pouch. Smoothly, he draws a sword and shield and takes a few steps into this new tower. The sorcerer has made a bridge of water - he was right about its...her, perhaps? powers - and the others are crossing.

It seems that the woman with the absurd hair has finally decided to exercise some caution. Prudent, he thinks, for once. Everything about this place sets Kuruth'Ondor on edge - the size of the buildings, their ruined state, the species that he does not recognize, and now the voice. It's bait, he realizes, fanning out in the opposite direction from the green-haired woman, senses on high alert.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:45 pm

Ixtli, P'rt and finally Saalima cross the water bridge safely. JunJun and Kuruth'Ondor circle the large stone slowly, but before either can gain sight on the source of the cries, a low rumbling noise from behind grabs everyone's attention. Then a splash. Then a roar, and all turn to be greeted by a gigantic serpent-like creature reaching its head up from the water below.

"Oh I just can't catch a fucking break today, can I&#33;? Fuck this job&#33;" is the reaction from the voice behind the boulder.

The serpent roars again, its scales wildly flashing shades of blue and green as it glares menacingly at the party.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:27 pm

The expected ambush arrives, and Kuruth'Ondor is already turning, drawing his second sword and shield when a massive beast - it looks like an unholy cross between a Mountain Ithurek and one of those North Sea serpents - emerges from the water.

He faces it and slams both of his shields down on the stone twice. "Ulur ik rogotha, thon&#33;" (my blades are thirsty, beast&#33;) he roars. Then there is a voice from behind the boulder. Kuruth'Ondor does not know what it is to 'catch a break', but the tone of voice he has heard before: weariness and exasperation.

"Green hair woman&#33;" he shouts, "We may have another threat&#33; Cover my back. I will cover yours&#33;" He looks at the other members of their unlikely party. "Cripple girl, would-be-king, get between us&#33;" he looks at the amphitheater. "Can you protect them?"
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:54 pm

JunJun recoils slightly. Okay, THAT'S new...

She seems a bit mesmerized by the appearance of the serpent, but before long the voice heard earlier speaks again.

"Well whoever you are, you're not the only one who can't catch a break&#33;" JunJun yells in reply.

And then the turquoise-skinned... man, or whatever he was, yells at her. He wants a guard? And... what do I do? JunJun wasn't particularly skilled at strategizing.

Okay, I think I have it.

JunJun raises her Amazon Stone and directs it to float around the serpent's head wildly, as a distraction, closer to its eyes than its mouth. She then joins... whomever this turquoise being was, ready to 'counter' any counter-attacks with whatever physical attacks she could. Perhaps she could dance around the serpent too if it wasn't across a massive watery pit...