The Spring Corps

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:58 pm

Saalima watches this whole process with an air of detached fascination, amazed at how quickly the monster-man acted, and how poorly he deduced what was going on, and how quickly he discounted her - just how she wanted it, for now at least they truly suspect no powers of me yet...either the voice or the snake is friendly...probably the voice...though the snake could have attacked us as we crossed...even if it's malevolent, it's at least a little polite...
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:01 pm

The snake is completely entranced by the floating Amazon Stone. It no longer seems interested in attacking the party.

"There's actually people here? Oh thank god! Someone get this rock off my foot!"
poopity scoop

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:10 pm

And yet, for all that the serpent is fearsome, Kuruth'Ondor soon recognizes a threat display for what it is. "Stay your hand," he rumbles to the green-hair woman. It appears that she,too, possesses some modicum of magical ability, which is more than the big warrior can say for himself. Her floating stone seems to have entranced the beast almost comically easily.

Then there's a voice begging for help. This person's foot is caught under the rock. He evaluates the situation. The green hair woman is busy occupying the serpent. The water sorcerer could possibly move the boulder, but not without sweeping them all away in the process. The would-be-king must have some sort of ability for him to regard himself so highly. It seems that the cripple girl is the only weak link among them. Odd, to have one weakling in the group...Well, perhaps two.

He sheathes his weapons and gives the green-hair woman a nod. "Hold steady!" he commands. "I will move the rock. Then you, behind it! You will give us answers." He stalks over to the boulder.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Alexjh

The Spring Corps

Post by Alexjh » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:22 am

Ixtli eyes the serpent warily - it certainly has a regal countenance, and gave the impression of a being favoured by the Old Gods of the Gloom - however, the Gods did not play favourites - it was the world's lot to strive and struggle beneath their hideous sight, and neither bravado nor her own death would win her any favours from them. Better safe than sorry.

She began to smoothly draw up more water from the chasm, while trying to be non-threatening about it and form it into a defensive barrier infront of her and the other members who had just crossed the bridge. She kept in mind however a few more vicious stances just in case - perhaps Tezaloc's Barbs could be added to the wall, or convert it into an attack with Coatl's Piercing Spire? Not yet though, no point in risking combat with a being of this magnitude if it could be avoided...

Meanwhile, telepathy perhaps did have some advantages in this circumstance, broadcasting ...

"Who are thee mighty serpent, whose glorious gaze falls upon such as we?"

MadBull

The Spring Corps

Post by MadBull » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:26 am

P'rt uses his material analysis tools to measure the skin of the creature.

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:45 am

The snake is startled by the sudden appearance of a voice in its head, but is quickly distracted again by the Amazon Stone and gives no response to Ixtli's question other than a tongue flitter. P'rt's material analysis reveals that the scales are comprised almost entirely of an unnamed protein similar in structure to keratin. Ixtli's water wall rises between the party and the great serpent, which does not give any retaliation. Although somewhat obscured by the water, the party can see that the snake is slowing lowering itself into the water, nose still pointed at the Amazon Stone as it descends. With a soft hiss, it eventually turns away and dives down.

The voice seems aware of the situation. "Is it gone? Oh my god, whatever you guys did, thank you so much! Now just please get this rock off my foot and I'll give you all the answers you could ask for!"
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:49 am

...man, what a dumb animal. JunJun scoffs, and then turns to the boulder, where the voice is coming from. But she has doubts.

Why should I help? This... whatever it is owes me nothing!

...but wait, yes it does. Explanations. Perhaps she'll figure out why she's here in the first place. Damn it... I hate doing nice things!

JunJun moves to the boulder and decides to help shift it aside. Maybe someone else will come and help, too.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:51 am

Kuruth'Ondor sees the green hair woman dash in front of him, eager either to be a hero or for answers. However, he isn't about to free anyone until he knows what they look like and whether or not they're friend of foe.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Saalima is appaled at the monster-man's unwillingness to help the trapped person. When Juno moves to lift the boulder, she finds it is remarkably light - almost as if someone is helping her. But Saalima is not moving, and it certainly doesn't look like she's doing anything.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:52 pm

Between Juno's physical strength and Saalima's secretive use of telekinesis, the boulder is easily moved. Too easily, actually; the telekinetic assistance causes Juno to overestimate the the amount of power needed to move the rock, and she accidentally pushes it straight off the side of the tower.

The source of the earlier cries is revealed: a man in a gray coat and khaki shorts, wearing a lanyard around his neck. His positioning would have put most of his body beneath the stone; by some stroke of luck, it managed to only crush his right foot. His eyes widen upon seeing his rescuers.

"Thank you so much!" Then, having noticed the bizarre physical features of some of the group members: "You're not from around here, are you? How did you even get in here, this place is... ooooooh crap. You... you just got here, didn't you? Please tell me you didn't just get here!"
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:59 pm

JunJun trips and nearly falls over. She would have, if her acrobatic skills weren't as sterling as ever, and she bounds into the air like a shot, landing cat-like.

What the heck was that? Maybe... maybe I don't know my own strength...

Shaking her head, she turns to stare at whatever's under the rock: some guy in a coat and shorts.

O...kaaaay... is this the guy behind my being here? If he is, I swear I'm gonna - !

Then the man speaks, and JunJun's heart skips a few beats.

"Yyyyyeah, we did just get here... wherever 'here' is," says JunJun irritably, tense. "Maybe you could shed a little light on that, because I don't like being randomly pulled from where I was before." Her eyebrows contract a little, and she folds her arms. "And maybe after that, you can say how you got yourself pinned under a rock."

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:20 pm

The man's eyebrows shoot up.

"Shit!" He looks away briefly and takes a few deep breaths before turning back to JunJun and sitting up.

"Sorry, I... well, I can try to explain it, I guess... uh... so, some context first, this place we're in, right now, is an archaeological research site. A big one, even. Digsite Three-Oh-Six, they call it. It's part of a big science project the guys in charge of Haven want to do... you wouldn't know about Haven, what the fuck am I doing... look, what I understand about your current situation, is that there's a big machine underground that uses some weird-ass power source I can't pronounce the name of, and instead of exhaust, we get... well... inter-dimensional rifts. They open and close randomly while the machine is running, and sometimes they pull things in from other worlds. Like the random-ass debris that's all over the place. Or the giant snakes that you've just dealt with. Or that rock that appeared above me recently that you've kindly shoved off. Or... well, you, I guess. Never had anything sentient get pulled through before, I don't think. Five at once is especially unusual. My boss could probably explain this better than me. I can take you meet him if you'd like."

He attempts to stand, but immediately falters when he puts weight on his right foot.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:58 pm

oh, so I'm not even on earth - well, my earth, apparently - any more... well, this changes things quite a bit...and explains the fish...and the 4-armed monster...and the alien who thinks he owns us...

She wheels herself over to hear what the man has to say that man hasn't once seen the real world...cooped up in a lab all day, busy with books...not a life I'd enjoy

but then, do I enjoy anything anymore?
He falters when he tries to stand oh dear...most certainly broken...well...I think it may be time to reveal a few things here

"He well nat be able to walk, I do nat think. He can use this" (the last two words pronounced oose zis), she says, gesturing towards her wheelchair, her accent heavy but words clear. "And perhaps (she struggles a bit on this word, pronounced closer to Birhabs) he can explain (ixblan) why we can oonderstand eech oother, despite (desbat) our diffurent languagas, unless I speek Arabic?"

She floats upwards, out of the chair, and gestures towards it while looking at the man, offering it to him

(I am not going to take the time to write out her accent in future posts, that took a lot of effort, and I probably still managed to fuck it up :v: )
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:05 pm

U-U-UHHHHHH... a-a... cripple... suddenly... floating... out of her wheelchair... and offering it to... to... ugh...

JunJun faints.

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:14 pm

I suppose I should have expected that sort of reaction...I guess I kinda did...it is a bit funny

she giggles - much to her own surprise
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122