The Spring Corps

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:01 pm

It inhabits multiple bodies, Kuruth'Ondor realizes. He feels the weight of the woman on his shoulder. She seems to weigh down upon him heavier than before. I have hurt an innocent. There is no honour in that.

He knows of the barbs that will come from the veiled girl's mouth. He does not want to hear them for he will hold himself to account. Kuruth'Ondor creates a wall with both of his shields and hunkers down behind it, ready to move them quickly should the need arise. The tendrils will try to slip in behind me, or they will attack the apparently softer target. He glances in her direction. "Girl, I will try to protect you, but remain alert." Those eyes. Those red eyes are unsettling. "Is there anything that you can do to stop the body without greatly damaging him?"
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Saalima sinks to the ground and focus the whole of her power on restraining the approaching... man?... Woman?...

"For as long as she stays in a physical body, I should be able to overpower her"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:52 pm

<big>Roof:</big>

Once the item is out of his hand, Daff retracts his arm and shuffles a bit while adjusting his posture. "I suspect we will be meeting again in the near future. Stay sharp." For the first time in the entire exchange, he almost smiles. "I will not allow myself to be defeated so easily next time." He then vanishes instantaneously.

Dr. Taylor is muttering under his breath incoherently as he waits for the elevator.

<hr />
<big>Downstairs:</big>

"Did you just assume my gender?" The man laughs heartily. "Sorry, sorry, I've been holding on to that one for lifetimes. It's just-" His own laughter cuts him off mid-sentence. "It's just that humans used to-" more laughter. "And I'm-" even more laughter. "Nevermind, I can't explain this without cracking myself up&#33;" He tries to move, but finds he is unable to. "Oh, you damn swabs&#33;"

During all of this, Gus begins to crawl backwards out of the open door.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:32 pm

Saalima notices Gus moving, and is unsure as to if it is a tactical move to go get help, pure fear, or something more sinister. she trusts him, so she elects to bring as little attention to him as possible, perhaps by distracting the ...thing...

"what exactly is a swab? I have not heard zis term before?"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Kuruth'Ondor glances at the veiled girl, distracted for the barest of moments, his mind reeling. "You do not know what a 'swab' is?" he asks incredulously.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Alexjh

The Spring Corps

Post by Alexjh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:06 pm

"Doctor of Tailoring.... could you please fill us in a bit on what has just transpired here?"

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:19 pm

<big>Roof:</big>

"Ah, forgive me. I suppose I do owe you an explanation for that outburst," Dr. Taylor answers Ixtli. "The head of my department is visiting the digsite today, from Haven, which I can explain to you fully later if you'd like but that's a long story on its own. She was supposed to be touring the facility, inspecting whatever it is these higher-up folks inspect. They don't have any idea what's going on here, I'm not sure why they'd be the ones inspecting it. I have nothing against her as a person, mind you, she's actually very nice, but completely clueless about how contemporary digsites operate. I'd never tell her that, though, because she signs my paycheck. But I digress," he sighs. "She's disappeared, and apparently the big, armored oaf wasn't the only security risk here- speaking of, where did he go? Did anyone see where he went? Shouldn't your other two friends be here by now?" His eyes widen and he begins to rapidly mash the elevator call button. "Any further communication from downstairs?" He asks the guard.

"Negative, doctor."

"I hope they're okay..."

<hr />
<big>Downstairs:</big>

The red-eyed man giggles at the exchange. "Oh, this is just sad. The big guy, confronted with an immobile foe, cowers behind his shields, while his girlfriend is too dumb to recognize common insults&#33; Maybe she doesn't recognize the extra pair of arms or discolored skin, either&#33; The freak and the moron, together by cruel, hilarious fate&#33; How tragic&#33; How absolutely pitiful&#33;"
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:30 pm

Saalima yawns "he's a bit old for me, do you not think?" not at all losing focus
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:01 am

"Do you mock me?&#33;" Bellows Kuruth'Ondor. "Speak again, foul one, and see what shall become of you&#33;"

Let his own notion of my stupidity work against him. Keep him talking. I am disinclined to harm the body of an innocent man.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:02 pm

"You're hardly in a position to call anyone foul, you circus side-show&#33;" The man cackles. "Go on then, follow through on your ultimatum&#33;" He locks eyes with Kuruth'Ondor. "Or are you afraid?" The tendrils creep upwards.

Gus is now in the hallway and out of view from within the room.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:15 am

"Hey wait&#33;&#33;" JunJun yells.

But the figure is gone. Just like that.

I'm getting tired of people doing that...

She pockets the item that the armoured man gave her... and as she does that, she then catches the words of Dr. Taylor.

Damn it&#33; I forgot about the big guy... I wonder what he's up to. Hopefully that deceitful "CRIPPLE" isn't giving him a hard time...

JunJun ponders about Saalima for a moment.

Okay, so we all got whisked into this dumb world. But what's HER deal? I get the feeling she really didn't like me at all. Was she trying to test me with the stupid wheelchair? She could easily have gotten into it herself, with those powers she clearly wanted to hide. Grrrr... oh Hell, why should I care?&#33; We don't know each other&#33;

JunJun sighs. She's not the best thinker, but there's only one clear direction for her to take.

This is gonna be so damned awkward if one of us ends up helping the other... if she ends up doing it, I'll just say 'thanks' or something.

JunJun clears her throat. "All right, what's the quickest way back to that Gus guy and the other two? The... elevator? I'm not keen on going slow."
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:43 pm

(And we're back&#33;)

"Well, the stairs might be slightly faster," Dr. Taylor answers JunJun, "but the elevator should be arriving soon." As if on cue, the door opens. "Ah, wonderful&#33;" He turns to the guard. "See if you can find that knight guy. He might still be around."

"Yes, doctor."

"Alright, everyone else, pile in&#33;" he exclaims as he enters the elevator. The rest of the group follows, and he presses the button for the ground floor. "Now, before we get down there, I do still have this sword." He raises the hilt of the rapier, point facing the floor for safety. "I normally would hesitate to give away something in as spectacular condition as this, but I don't know what's down there and our survival is more important than my artifact collection." He looks around, sweeping his eyes across everyone's faces. "Would any of you like to have it?"
poopity scoop

Alexjh

The Spring Corps

Post by Alexjh » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:04 am

I'll head down the stairs, and no need for the sword - not really suited to using them.

Ixtli keeps her spit orbs ready just in case though, no knowing if there are any further enemies around.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:42 am

JunJun gives a very odd look to P'rt before addressing the doctor.

"Uh... sure, I guess."

JunJun takes the rapier. It wasn't exactly her style of swordsplay but she could work with it. And in any case it was worse suited to the others. At least maybe I won't have to endanger the Stone (and me) if I have this...
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:36 pm

(Continuity might get a little weird for a moment, bear with me)

Ixtli opts to use the stairs instead of taking the elevator. She descends without incident, but at the ground floor finds half of what looks to be an ID card, similar to the one Gus had- it isn't his, though. The words are cut off, but the card reads:

VISI-
ANN-
Instal-

The door leading out to the main hallway is also open, unlike the doors on the upper levels. She enters the hall and regroups at the other end with the rest of the party, who have just arrived on the elevator. There is a pool of blood and a scattering of hair on the floor between Ixtli and the others, and some blood splatter on one of the walls.

<hr />
<big>Saalima/Kuruth'Ondor:</big>

Unable to get a reaction out of either Saalima or Kuruth'Ondor, the man becomes agitated.

"You guys are no fun, you know?"
poopity scoop