Psycho Killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:54 am

"So many questions Mr Phoenix! Lets see... I really can't remember anything notable coming before the scream. I thought it was just a man that tripped over something. Do you people know more about that scream maybe?

As for your other questions... I assume you mean mayor Tominari? It's a big city Mr Phoenix, stuff's happening here. We are not the biggest city on the globe, but certainly the most multiracial one. That much becomes obvious wherever you look. We're proud of that, but it also comes with struggles, you know? The crime rate's high, constant disputes between the dwarfs and the trolls, the gnomes and the giants. It's certainly's a city that's alive! And I feel a lot of people here do prefer that over those clean more organized cities you find elsewhere. Yes there's pollution, yes there's crime, but at least it's never boring! And mayor Tominari? He's an interesting figure to say the least. Mysterious, extremely reclusive. I've never had any problems with him as a mayor, but he is an odd fella you know? His policies are loose, he ofte seems to believe letting the city take its natural course leads to the best results. Of course he has opponents too. Some want a more open democracy. Some others even want a more exclusive system, like royal families are, believing more in bloodlines than in politics... I never really understood that."

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:00 am

"Thank you for the help! I apologise for all the questions! My team and I didn't get a proper briefing about the city as we were last minute replacements, the previous Rare Lichen Soceity team who were supposed to be coming ate some incorrectly prepared mushroom risotto and are very ill, but it means we have come here not really knowing anything!

Another question though; apart from Mayor Tominari, who are the other big influential people in this city we should keep an eye out for? We obviously want to make sure we are clued in to local events so we can act respectfully in accordance with Rare Lichen Society Law!"

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:21 am

"Influential... people... Tominari is clearly the big boss, but I know loads of people that have some degree of influence... and I am sure there are even more that I don't know! Of course as the manager of a sausage and cheese warehouse I have to deal with health and safety! And the different branches of the police, mayor Tominari lets them operate with quite some independence, meaning they are influential forces in their own right. As in every city, the rich have influence... I am sure the crime bosses have lots of influence too, but I wouldn't know much about that..."

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:23 am

"But there are no specific major Guilds, Merchant Houses, Wizarding Organizations, Noble Families or the like with disproportionate power in the city?"

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:29 am

"Oh yeah, I think those all exist too!"

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:34 am

"By the way, you know those large claw marks on the wall outside? Have they been there long?"

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:35 am

"I was wondering what they might be! I noticed them during my lunch break, I think they have never been there before! Have these lichen got claws?!"

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:39 am

"Haha, no, but such claw marks may affect the quality of the habitat for certain species of lichen!"

Pyrrhocorax is getting the feeling that this gnome probably doesn't have that much to contribute at this point, but just in case, he asks a few more questions.

"Well, I think that's mostly us wrapped up then, just a few more questions - is there anyone who might have been in or around the alley at about the time you heard the scream who we might be able to question? Do you know anyone who might have caused those claw marks?"

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:47 am

"Certainly no one associated with the warehouse other than me has been in the alley today, I have been the only one manning it today! Obviously there could have been people passing by, but not many, it's a quiet alley. And those marks? Many creatures in the city could cause claw marks! The minotaur,the werewolves... loads!"

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:13 am

"Well thank you for your time, I shall pop in if I hear of any more lichen related incidents!"

Pyrrhocorax is a little frustrated by this lack of evidence, but as the others have only drawn the crime scene and not the face of the dead man as his wonderful suggestion had been, he'd have to give it a go himself. These young whippersnappers had no idea of the quality of the ancient wisdom he imparted on them, I bet even that Vampire could barely remember the second Thruskiite Empire. Now that was an Empire that knew how to build Grand Temples!.

Anyway, Pyrrhocorax attempts to draw a picture of the man's face. It probably wouldn't be terrible, though he did concede that he did have to pay a lot of attention to humans to tell them apart if they didn't have some distinctive hair or colouration. What crude differences they had compared to the subtle mottling of shades of gold that told him instantly which Phoenix he might be talking to!

Once his picture is completed, he heads out into the street, and begins asking random passers by about them.

"Excuse me, I am looking for this man, he has a book I wish to purchase and was told he was seen around here!"
Last edited by Alexjh on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:42 am

Pyrrhocorax moves to an alley intersecting with the alley of the murder scene. It's quiet there too, but after a while he does come across 6 people who are discussing something. Pyrrhocorax moves to them and greets them, and says some things about how great he is.

"Pete! You told me you wouldn't involve anyone else in our drugs deal! Especially not arrogant pricks like this pigeon here!"

-"I thought it'd be quiet here! And I don't know who he is Harry, honestly! I've never seen a bird like that before in my life!"

"Rodney, deal with him!"

SMASH

The biggest guy of the bunch, Rodney as it turns out, slams Pyrrhocorax all the way across the alley, into the alley of the murder scene, clearly visible for the 5 party members still gathered around the body. And all 6 men are now moving towards Pyrrhocorax.

ENCOUNTER!

Pyrrhocorax angered 6 drugs dealers with his outrageous behavior! And they are coming your way! They have chains and crowbars, and at least 1 of them demonstrated considerable strength!

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:20 am

Pyrrhocorax is incandescent with anger! Literally!

"How dare you lay a hand on me! I am a divine messanger of the heavens, who extended the gift of my presence to you, and you *hit* me! No one has ever laid their fingers on me in anger in my thousands of years of life! This will not stand!"

But, being fairly petty, an idea comes to mind.

The Phoenix picks out the drugs or whoever has them, and aims a beam of fire directly at them. Hopefully those stupid drugs will burn and then surely these stupid mortals will have learnt to respect him! Definitely no way they could react otherwise at all!

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:29 am

Flamey-bird hurt?
I take the table off my head and look at what the phoenix is shooting fire at.
Uh oh.
I throw the table at them.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:36 am

Aryana: well darn. And i had hoped that idiot could stay out of trouble
Aryana stays in the shade of the alley. She holds out her right hand, and the man in the lead stops, unable to move. She lifts him slowly into the air. "You dare to threaten me?" She makes a quick motion with her left hand, and her victims left leg is ripped from his body.

Nethach readies his bow, firing at another of the mobsters
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:38 am

Tails had mostly been standing around trying to help out in any small way but had been completely distracted the appearance of the dinosaur looking creature. He was just getting ready to ask about it when the phoenix hurled into the alley and quickly followed by several large looking thugs, all of whom seemed to be carrying some kind of weapon.

This sudden violent turn of events was highly distressing, but Tails knew there was no time to be scared now. He and Sonic had battled against all sorts of Dr. Robotnik's badniks before so he was no stranger to dangerous situations. And he wouldn't be alone here.

Thinking as quickly as he could, he came up with a plan to distract the group of thugs until everyone else here could join the fray. He grabbed a few chunks of rocks and broken brick, as much as he could fit in the crook of one arm and flew into the air above the attackers and began pelting them from above.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.