Mystery of the Apkallian System

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2398
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:33 pm

"er... considering that we can't see them on certain scanners, they may be tougher - or wily-er - than we expect. you sure we should just let them aboard?"
‽ ROBOTICS (220 - 112 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

CBCIII
Cuddle Time!: 5-2
Scion: 7-2 (finalist)
Chimera V: 7-1 (undefeated in the regular season, semifinalist)
Delorean Cowboy: 2-4


ROBOTS3...?
Found God in a Tomato: 0-0
Venice Queen: 0-0
Visual Assault: 0-0
Blackburn Kangaroo: 0-0


potato nazis~V900

nonagon is a 2wd wedge with a good driver you could stick a rotting fish to it and it would win fights ~Badnik96
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Cha0sFerret
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:15 pm

I can't make heads or tails of the sensors. Not sure why I decided to run over and look at them anymore. Heddwyn's question interests me though.

"I don't think it's a matter of letting them aboard. If they want to get on here, they'll do it. We don't get much of a say in that."

100,000 strong? Seems excessive. Well... no, this ship's probably big enough to justify that much manpower, don't see why the others wouldn't be. Something tells me the mind control plan will backfire somehow. If they do come aboard, this is probably the worst place to be. Not much in the way of escape routes. Hmm...

"Excuse me a moment," I add as I head for the door.

I think I left one of my batteries in my room anyway.

That Kode Guy
Posts: 9097
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:42 pm

[IT LIVES!!!]

----

Somewhere...

A pale, naked figure with one wing wakes up, and promptly falls out of the tree it was sleeping in with a yelp.

"..."

Rubbing its head, it glares up at the night sky...

"How many cycles has it been... since I last felt sunlight..."

----

HEDDWYN'S PARTY

"...hang on, we're being hailed."

Brooke's voice compels Casey to come back.

"Hailed? By... ?"

As if on cue, a holo-screen appears. But it's not Berthier glaring at them this time.

In view comes a command base with a great number of soldiers bearing many arms. They also bear the mark of what seems to be a three-pronged pitchfork upon their chestplates. Before they can digest this, a massive, MASSIVE figure walks into view. It looks primarily like a gigantic bald eagle, only with a pair of overly muscular human arms just above where its wings are, and human-like pectorals. It has a wicked-looking helm that bears similarity to the emblem on his soldiers' chestplates.

That is one fucked up bird... Heddwyn takes in this sight with distaste.

The bird man addresses the party.

"Inhabitants of Shamash," it croaks, "my name is Enmerkar. You... have destroyed a squadron of The Judas' finest warriors. For that, you must die."

Koan can't contain herself. "What?! We've done no such thing!"

"Do not lie to me!!" roars the bird man. "Bitterly do we rue the loss of three of our finest vessels, and it was by the hand of the Shamash people that they were lost!

"Despite your insolence, I am a proud warrior, and honourable. I am not like others of The Judas, who brag of their dishonesty and oppression." Enmerkar swiftly brings a large fist to his overly prominent chest. "If you wish to live, then face me one on one, one by one. I will fight you all myself. However, if you refuse..."

Immediately as he says that, ships uncloak all around them. Thousands of ships...

"...then you are a waste of everyone's time."

User avatar
Cha0sFerret
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Great, one of those honor-over-all types. Gotta love those insufferable assholes.

"Uh... okay, when did this happen?"

Stupid question, but we gotta stall for time. Need a new survival plan. So much for escaping before shit goes down.

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2398
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:07 pm

well.

FUCK

yup.


Heddwyn asks quietly of Shahasha; "Can we take the claims of Enmerkar to be honest?" and if we can... He glances up to the screen: "where will the fight be, and what will be its rules?"
‽ ROBOTICS (220 - 112 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

CBCIII
Cuddle Time!: 5-2
Scion: 7-2 (finalist)
Chimera V: 7-1 (undefeated in the regular season, semifinalist)
Delorean Cowboy: 2-4


ROBOTS3...?
Found God in a Tomato: 0-0
Venice Queen: 0-0
Visual Assault: 0-0
Blackburn Kangaroo: 0-0


potato nazis~V900

nonagon is a 2wd wedge with a good driver you could stick a rotting fish to it and it would win fights ~Badnik96
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by The Monsterworks » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 am

Brooke glances uneasily at the other two who are up in the cockpit with her. Fights, she thinks. I'm just great at those. She closes her eyes as if resigned, but places one hand each on the others' shoulders. <big>Stop.</big>

Time goes still around the three of them. "If birdperson there thinks I'm gonna fight him," the one-legged woman begins, "he's got another thing coming. But first, does anybody have a goddamned clue what he's talking about?
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)


The Monsterworks: 163 - 47 (.776) ...Probably up to no good.
The Cherry Bomb Classic III: 21-4
Show
Carbonemys: 7-1 Semifinals
Black Diamond: 9-0 Champion!
I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 5-3 Quarterfinals

That Kode Guy
Posts: 9097
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 pm

HEDDWYN'S PARTY

"I have no idea."

Brooke's eyes widen for a smidge of a second. Koan and Calaveras are caught in the time stop as well...

"How did you...?"

"How did we what?" Koan asks, confused.

Brooke's mind does several backflips, then grinds into gear. They don't know. Holy fuck, I don't know how they got caught in my Time Stop... that wasn't supposed to happen. Did that shifty cloaked guy do something else? Not like I wanted his little "upgrade" in the first place, piece of shit...

Wait... YOU, CALAVERAS, IF YOU'RE LISTENING...

Oh that's right, she only projects her thoughts. She can't read minds. Dodged a bullet there.

Whatever, the less those two morons know, the better.


"Never mind," says Brooke at last, with half a smile. "But if you have no idea..."

Calaveras looks at her sister beseechingly. "We must know something..."

"Correction. Berthier knows something. She goes behind everyone's backs. I bet she's got loads of info on people that even we don't know about. No doubt she would know about this guy... not like we could find her right now," Koan snarls.

Calaveras scowls in return. "That's a lot of help..."

"Well I don't want to turn into useless baggage, so whatever they can come up with, I'm down for."

Maybe if you didn't put everyone in this mess to begin with, you wouldn't be here, stupid bitch. Brooke rolls her eyes, which is noticed by Heddwyn and Casey.

----

RUSTAHG'S PARTY

"So are you going to tell me why we suddenly turned around, or not?" Rustahg raises an eyebrow. Babadoo snorts.

"I had a bad premonition," replies Nexios.

"Oh, of course, you only act upon it just now&#33;" the shrillness of Robert's voice carries through the craft.

"Enough," booms Kyraxa. "We have lost three of our party, we need no reminders."

"So what is this premonition?" says Rustahg. "You merely took the controls and turned the ship around before we even saw the planet."

"Fine, I will tell you, but you will not like it," replies the Daath sorcerer. "It will displease you to know that the Prisma you knew was not what she appeared to be."

"So she is a traitor?" rumbles Kyraxa.

"Marvelous&#33;" cries Robert sarcastically.

"Two Earth days after my premonition, barely an hour ago, I received a message from Keldar. Prisma is indeed a traitor, and she intended to do much harm to Enki and its satellite system. Her true name is Petz. The same Petz described as one of the dangerous Spectre Sisters."

There is a silence... then Rustahg smiles. "Well... well well well, you are constantly deceived. No wonder this system is blooming with chaos."

Nexios sighs in response. "It was like that before the Daath were even formed. It is not a mess that can be cleaned up easily."

"If he contacted you, then surely you are close," replies Rustahg.

"That is correct. They should be... oh my."

Grateful for the cloaking of the ship, Rustahg, Kyraxa, Nexios, and little Robert peer out. There are thousands of ships similar to the one they just hi-jacked surrounding a very large vessel. Other ships, belonging to Shamash, are far but not too far away...

----

(so at last the two parties are on the verge of meeting again)

User avatar
The_Angry_Goat
Posts: 2398
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Above, below, and behind you, but never exactly where you are looking.

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by The_Angry_Goat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:02 pm

"oh yeah, you don't know about the rest of our friends, do you?" heddwyn says to Brooke. "assumingly they had a run in with some Judas already...

and if we aren't going to fight, what exactly are we going to do? that's still a fuckton of ships out there, and I imagine at least one has a gunner with enough willpower to escape Calveras' mental grasp."
‽ ROBOTICS (220 - 112 lifetime)
MAJOR CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//NICK'S FUZZY RULES

CBCIII
Cuddle Time!: 5-2
Scion: 7-2 (finalist)
Chimera V: 7-1 (undefeated in the regular season, semifinalist)
Delorean Cowboy: 2-4


ROBOTS3...?
Found God in a Tomato: 0-0
Venice Queen: 0-0
Visual Assault: 0-0
Blackburn Kangaroo: 0-0


potato nazis~V900

nonagon is a 2wd wedge with a good driver you could stick a rotting fish to it and it would win fights ~Badnik96
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Cha0sFerret
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:42 pm

"Okay, we could try to fight him... that would go poorly. Well, if we play by the rules. Of course, if they find out we 'cheated'," I muse, pausing to airquote, "they'll just blast our ship apart, and we'll have accomplished nothing. We could try bluffing our way out, maybe run with the idea we that took out their whatevers and try to scare th... actually no, he's not gonna fall for that. He'll just get more excited for a hard fight. Hmmm... oh&#33; We could go the other way with it, try to make ourselves seem too weak to be worthwhi... wait, no the dead warriors thing, he won't buy it."

Come on, come on&#33; I've gotten out of stuff like this before&#33;

By running. I'm stuck on a spaceship. Running isn't an option anymore.

Fuck.


"Do we have teleporters on here?"

Worth asking, at least. Wait a minute...

"Hold on, why can't one of you fight him?" I turn and ask the sisters. "Koan, you floored us before, surely you could handle a beefy bird?"

I'm not sure how they got into the time stop, but then again I don't really understand Brooke's abilities. Something to learn later.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy
Posts: 9097
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:48 am

HEDDWYN'S PARTY

Koan jumps. The suggestion came out of nowhere; she expected it no more than she expected Calaveras' hair colour to change from brown to blue.

"M-me?" she stammers.

"Wait... yeah, you're right&#33;" Calaveras tells Casey. She then stares at her sister. "How did you forget that?" She frowns. "How did I forget that... ?"

"But I'm - &#33;"

"The strongest out of any of us, at least, me, you, Petzie, and Bertie..." replies Calaveras.

"C-Cally - &#33;"

"What, are you gonna be a coward?" Casey folds her arms.

"Well?" Brooke also glares at Koan, who looks quite unsure.

"I just... well... &#33;"

Then suddenly.

Koan&#33;&#33;&#33;

C-Cally?&#33; A-Are you - what are you doing?&#33; Koan stiffens up, terrified. G-Get out of my head&#33;&#33;

No&#33;&#33; Not until you listen to me&#33;&#33;

Koan stiffens even more. How could Calaveras even hear her?&#33;

Your memory is worse than I thought. I may not be able to read the party's minds, but since we're sisters I can sure as hell read yours, since you're close by. Did you forget that?

Fine&#33; What do you want?&#33;

I want to know why you're hesitating&#33; That... Smoke, I think, person is right&#33; You can totally take that big chicken&#33; What's going on&#33;?

Whose memory is bad again?&#33; You remember how these thugs nearly abducted us once?&#33; It takes a crook to know a crook, and I know they would never let us go alive&#33;

We're already in that kind of situation, what does it matter?&#33;

Because I don't want to die, or be taken, before I can pay back the debts I owe these people, or find out what the fuck happened to Berthier and Petz&#33;&#33;

Koanie...

Ugh... I'll do it, Cally. For them, and for you. Just -

I know. I won't lose you, I swear...

Thank you... all right, should we tell them?

Tell them what?

"Yeah, tell us what?"

That snaps the sisters back from their thought processes. Heddwyn's eyes are narrowed, and Calaveras squeals as she realizes she was projecting her thoughts out loud again... [DM: Her own, not Koan's]

User avatar
Cha0sFerret
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:51 pm

What tell us what... oh. Mind-reading stuff or something. Heddwyn does that, too. How useful.

Wait, can he hear me?

Doesn't matter, the way Koan froze up I have a good idea of what's happening.


"Let me guess: the holy launcher thing removed your powers, and now you can't fight at all?"

That Kode Guy
Posts: 9097
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Koan blinks. "No, I can fight... it's just that... well, Cally probably already spoiled it, but we were nearly all taken by these thugs."

"And? What's it to you? You'd have to fight to get out of this situation anyway," scoffs Casey.

"I realize that... I will address him."

Koan turns to the eagle-man waiting for a response. "You. Enbridge or whatever your name is. I'll tangle with you. First, conditions. Lay them out for us."

Enmerkar growls at the misnomer, but he otherwise ignores the wisecrack. "You? Very well. You will be first."

"I said, give us your conditions," Koan snarls.

The eagle man clicks his beak. "My conditions are simple. If, doubtful though it seem, you can best me, I will release you, and punish any of my legion that oppose my mercy." He glares out at his soldiers, who tremble nervously. "HOWEVER... should you all lose, your lives are forever enslaved to do my bidding."

"All of us?" inquires Koan.

"Correct. As I said, I will take all of you on, one-on-one, until no one is left standing. Those are my conditions. Take them or be destroyed."

User avatar
The Monsterworks
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Canada, for now

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:37 am

Brooke's face falls. "He can't be serious," she murmurs disbelievingly to Smoke, reaching out for physical support as well as emotional. "What chance could I possibly have?&#33;" Her voice rises in near-panic. She closes her eyes as if to calm herself, and thinks "stop&#33;"

These unnatural new powers are inconvenient. She needs to find a way to turn them off and on, but for now, she has to tolerate the intrusion of others into what she'd much prefer to be a private conversation. "I have a plan," she says quickly. "Just go with it." Before anyone can respond, she opens her eyes.

She looks at the birdman. "What honour is to be found in beating a one-legged woman senseless?" Before he can respond - there should be a moment or two of transmission lag - she turns to the others, beseeching. "Please let me go last. I'm not a coward, but I can't really fight and I'd be nothing but an easy win for him. Guys, I'm begging you&#33;" Now give me my Oscar, birdbreath...
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)


The Monsterworks: 163 - 47 (.776) ...Probably up to no good.
The Cherry Bomb Classic III: 21-4
Show
Carbonemys: 7-1 Semifinals
Black Diamond: 9-0 Champion!
I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 5-3 Quarterfinals

User avatar
Cha0sFerret
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Not sure how this doesn't end with them blowing us up, but I know better than to fight a time god.

I put on my best nervous face, although that doesn't require much acting at this point, and play along.

"It's okay, Brooke, we'll figure this out." Now to address the bird man.

"Explain to me exactly how beating on an unprepared search-and-rescue crew is honorable, would you?"

When's the last time I had to rescue anyone? Let's see, there was last year... nah, that doesn't count, that was more of a kidnapping. Huh.

That Kode Guy
Posts: 9097
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Mystery of the Apkallian System

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:42 pm

HEDDWYN'S PARTY

"One handicapped fool is of little worth compared to all our comrades that you killed&#33; She will also fight, or you will all die right here&#33;" Enmerkar roars.

Well that failed.

"Save your breath," Koan tells Brooke. "He doesn't give a shit. I'll put him in his place..."

----

RUSTAHG'S PARTY

"Nexios, can you detect who is on that large ship?" asks Rustahg.

"I can try," replies the Daath co-founder.

"He's leading you into a trap&#33;" screeches small Robert.

"Silence... I need to concentrate..."

Then Nexios' head flame turns... green.

"No..."

"What?"

"...they're on that ship. Heddwyn, "Smoke", Brooke... and the two traitors turned face."

Rustahg's eyes widen. "They are?&#33;"

"And they are in grave danger..."

Post Reply