Mystery of the Apkallian System

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:34 pm

I should've guessed. He's out here looking for a fight. Honor's just an excuse. Back home, I'd be getting paid to kill guys like him. Or would he be paying me to kill people he can't deal with himself? He also wouldn't be a bird... ah whatever. If he wants to fight us all in sequence, we have plenty of fodder.

"Hey, Koan. Kick his ass."

Starting with her. She's the best shot we have at beating him outright, anyway. If she falls through, there's plenty of other people here.

I give the rest of the group a quick once-over.

Maybe that Ben guy next. He doesn't say much. Won't miss him too terribly.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:06 pm

This whole time stopping thing was really starting to hurt Heddwyn's head - he couldn't keep up with the three different plans going around between different people. Shahasha also never responded to him either. probably Time lady's fault too.

at least Smoke seems to have a plan he thinks, let's go with this for now...AND WHAT OF WHEN BIRD BRAIN LIES TO US...we may have to abandon her...oh god...this...

this is a hard choice here.

"this... does seem to be the best choice we have," he agrees, already wondering if he can use his powers on birdman from this far away...
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm

<big><big><big><big>(MASSIVE UPDATE&#33;&#33;&#33;)</big></big></big></big>

RUSTAHG'S PARTY

"Can you contact them?&#33; You have to be able to&#33;" says Rustahg.

"I will try..." Nexios' flame turns pure white.

----

HEDDWYN'S PARTY

"Very well. Come forth, boastful one, and meet your maker&#33;" snaps the birdman.

Suddenly, two of the Judas forces teleport onto the ship. One of them has a gecko-like head with a moustache, and the other would have looked vaguely human if his head weren't round, puffy, and purple. Both of them are decked out in Klingon-like armour plating, yet neither of them carry weaponry. The party still tenses up, expecting trickery.

"You are to come with us," barks the moustached gecko.

Koan huffs. "Fine, let's get this over with."

"K-Koanie, please, do you really have to do this?&#33;" whines her sister Calaveras.

"Do you see an alternative?" intones Casey.

Without another word, Koan strides forward. The Judas members make to lay their mitts on her.

"Touch me and I'll fry every nerve in your system," Koan snarls.

"Well..." mumbles the purple Judas. "We have to make bodily contact to teleport others to the mothership..."

If Koan would have erupted into a ball of flaming wrath, it would have been then. Her eyes blazed so fiercely that EVERYONE stepped back from her. But she manages to control herself.

"Then get on with it. But no funny business." The Judas nervously approach again, and put an index finger each upon her shoulders, terrified that she'll cause them to burst into a fiery mess. But instantly, they're gone. As is Koan.

Calaveras growls, holding up clenched fists. "Calm the fuck down," says Heddwyn, though he's not really sure about this either. "It's the only way."

And, suddenly:

Attention&#33; Attention&#33; Heddwyn, Smoke, Brooke, Benzine, Electro&#33; Come in&#33;

It's in Heddwyn's mind... and not just his.

Heddwyn - Nexios&#33; What's going on?&#33; Where are you?&#33; ...come to me... oh for FUCK'S sake, not that voice AGAIN...

Calaveras - What the... HOW DID YOU GET INTO MY HEAD?&#33;?

Nexios - Answer me this&#33; Are you board that cruiser in the distance?

Heddwyn - Erm... yes? What are you up to&#33;?

Nexios - I cannot explain right now. But you have over a thousand ships pointing their arms at you.

Heddwyn - Oh yeah, sure, tell us something we don't already know...

Nexios - I speak to you now, Black Moon traitor.

Calaveras - W-what do you want?&#33;?

Nexios - It is time to use your powers for our cause. Command the ships to stand down -

Heddwyn - WAIT&#33; We've been challenged by their fuckin' commander, and Koan went in first, so we have to wait this one out. Plus, we even suggested that idea to Calzone, but -

Calaveras - Eat a dick...

Heddwyn - - I don't know if she can control that many people from so far away. Also, shut up.

Nexios - ...very well. Keep me informed.

"Heddwyn? You look out of it." Brooke inquires.

"I-it's nothing," mumbles Heddwyn, as a second holo screen pops up, showcasing a large stadium...

----

Nexios relays the information to Rustahg, Kyraxa, and Robert.

"Oh great, they're going to get killed," Rustahg groans.

"This Koan woman is a very honourable warrior," booms Kyraxa.

"Pffft, no she's not," scoffs Rustahg. But that makes me desire her even more... she won't die alone.

----

Koan appears in a large ancient Roman-like stadium, with multiple members of the Judas looking down on her, jeering. There are no exits, no secret passages, not even any ventilation. The Judas members that appeared with her vanish in a heartbeat as Koan snarls at them, and then turns to greet her assailant. It is Enmerkar, the great muscular bird man who confronted the party in their ship.

"So you are the first to accept my challenge," booms Enmerkar. "You escaped us last time, but this time will be much different."

"So you remember." Koan tenses up. Infiltrating the Judas' ships multiple times in the past had not gone unnoticed. "It's a pity you still don't know too much about us, as many others don't either."

"Enough&#33;&#33;" The bird man stomps on the ground, making the entire battleship shake. The Judas members watching cry out and many of them fall over. But Koan holds her ground. "This is not a parley&#33; This is a battle&#33; And now you will pay&#33;&#33;&#33;" He charges at her.

So the battle begins...

Enmerkar swings a gigantic fist at Koan... who easily evades with a mere sidestep and Enmerkar seems to be off-balance. But it turns out he is faking it and spins about with both his arms outstretched, becoming a vortex of destruction. As his fists go low, Koan leaps backwards, but the eagle man advances on her. Koan begins a series of lunges and leaps as Enmerkar tries to hit her. He seems to be pretty swift, but Koan is just barely able to keep away from the steadily whitening knuckles of the bird man.

"Coward&#33;&#33; Face me&#33;&#33;"

Without warning he stops and stomps on the ground again. Most of the watching Judas fall over from the tremors, but Koan is just too agile for him. Enmerkar roars angrily and stampedes towards Koan, whose claws lengthen. She strikes the ground, and a great cloud of dust is cast at Enmerkar, who is enveloped by the smoke cloud. He rampages through it, but Koan is missing.

"Behind you&#33;" calls one of the watching Judas.

"Silence&#33;" roars the bird man. "I need no help. I will defeat this pest with honour&#33;"

"Fortunately..."

WHAM&#33;

"AAAARGH..."

"I don't share your stupid sense of honour."

Koan had rushed in and, with one single punch, knocked all the wind out of Enmerkar, who stumbles backwards, gasping.

"But if you really want to see how futile this is... try and land a hit on me, freakazoid."

Koan folds her arms, smirking. If Enmerkar's eyes could have bored holes in Koan, they would have done.

"GRRRRR... YOU&#33;&#33; YOU'RE DEAD&#33;&#33;" roars Enmerkar. "NO ONE MOCKS ME&#33;&#33;&#33;"

With a bellow he suddenly moves like a comet...

WHAP.

...and finds Koan's elbow in his gut.

"Well done."

A kick sends the muscular Judas commander back into the wall, creating another cloud of dust. The Judas watching murmur angrily and rise up in their seats. Koan sniffs at them, sensing their hostility.

"I was expecting more from someone as intimidating as you, but I guess you're just for show," says Koan derisively.

An even louder and lengthier bellow answers her, as from the dust cloud comes a large burst of energy that even surprises Koan. Her eyes widen a smidge as the great form of Enmerkar is suddenly in her face. A swift fist is countered by Koan's quickly lengthened claws, and she goes skidding across the ground on her feet. But then he is suddenly behind her, and...

...is swiftly decked in the face.

"Look, I don't have time for your pathetic display, so let's just make sure you never get up again&#33;"

With that, now Koan is truly on the offensive. She is all over the place, beating down the great eagle man as though he is a mere footsoldier. CRACK&#33; There goes one of his legs. CRACK&#33; The opposite arm. A flurry of kicks to the abdomen sends blood spewing out of Enmerkar's beak, and a final uppercut sends the Judas commander sprawling to the ground. Koan spins about and lands in a stylish manner, tossing her hair.

"It's over," she remarks.

"IT IS NEVER OVER... &#33;&#33;&#33;"

With that, Enmerkar is back up, although only on one leg. He's panting heavily, but he looks pretty resolute.

"F-for if I m-must die... I shall take YOU with me&#33;&#33;"

With that, he expends the last of his life energy in a great field of yellow fire, of such intensity that even Koan knows she can't survive. The Judas members yell and scramble about, but the field grows greater and greater...

"Sh-shit&#33;" Koan exclaims. "I underestimated that bastard... &#33;&#33;&#33;"

----

As the field nears Koan, the witnesses aboard the main Shamash cruiser gasp in horror.

"KOAN&#33;&#33;&#33;" Calaveras screams.

"That fucker's lost his mind&#33; He'll destroy his own ship to kill her?&#33;" Casey yells.

"Uh, that means... &#33;" Heddwyn peers out at the surrounding ships, which have their arms fully targeted at the Shamash ship now.

{PORT}

The group yells; it's Nexios, holding onto a burnt and barely living Koan.

"YOU&#33;" Heddwyn backs away, startled.

Nexios lays Koan down gently, then turns to the others. "Me. Now, YOU..." he addresses Calaveras. "Do it."

Calaveras turns to the window, now displaying a massive explosion which engulfs Enmerkar's ship.

She looks back at Koan for a second, then nods. "Got it."

With that, she thrusts a palm out towards the Judas ships, commanding them to stand down with her mind.

Cease your firing... stand down... there is no need to fight...

But commandering so many from such a distance is really beginning to take its toll on Calaveras; sweat is dripping from her temple, and Heddwyn notices.

"There's no way she can do this alone, you know." He turns to Nexios. "We're all as good as dead - "

Nexios suddenly stiffens... the fireball turns green.

"Get the ship out of here&#33; NOW&#33;"

Brooke wasn't expecting Nexios to be so panicked, and immediately complies. As they do, and Casey looks back at the screen, the oddest thing begins to happen...

The Judas ships furthest back begin to move backwards... as though an immense gravity were sucking them slowly towards it. Then more and more of the ships start to do the same. Weapons are fired now; some hit, but many don't. The ships furthest back now begin to tumble wildly towards something unknown... and then more.

Heddwyn suddenly yells and falls to his knees. "Heddwyn?&#33;" Benzine shouts.

COME TO ME... COME... NO, SHUT UP... COME... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW... COME TO ME...

Nexios approaches the half-demon cautiously. "Are you... all right?"

"Does it look like he's all right?&#33;" snaps Casey.

Calaveras finally relents with her mind control, and slumps onto the floor, completely out of breath.

"Um, Nexios?" Brooke asks timidly. "Something's pulling against the ship."

"Resist it&#33; Put the engines on full&#33;" says Benzine.

"Do as he says," replies Nexios.

"All right." Brooke puts the thrusters to max and the ship rockets out of reach of whatever was pulling them backwards.

"Okay, it's gone," says Brooke, after a few hours.

"Good..." Nexios' head-flame goes back to normal.

Heddwyn seems to have recovered as well, though he's still shaken by the intensity of the voice from before. "Okay, what the hell was that... ?&#33;"

"I'm not sure..." pipes up Electro.

Just then, a Judas ship pops up beside them.

"Whoa&#33;" Casey exclaims. "Enemy craft on our right&#33;"

"No, it's fine. Rustahg and the rest of the party are on that ship," replies Nexios.

"Oh, so that's how you found us," says Calaveras.

"Correct. Keldar informed me of a bad premonition, so we turned back. Good thing we did, too."

"Keldar, huh..." Heddwyn growls.

"It seems our powers have not completely dwindled."

Koan covers herself up in the Daath robe she once wore as "Katsy", just as a few more figures appear: Rustahg, Babadoo, Kyraxa, and little Robert.

Rustahg's visage brightens considerably upon seeing Koan. "Oh, THERE you are."

Koan looks away, reddening.

Heddwyn is taken aback by Kyraxa. "Um... who's that?"

Nexios explains what happened ever since they left Shamash.

"Of course," says Koan sarcastically. "Petz is still somewhere out there. Berthier probably came by and saved her or something."

"Unlikely, Berthier's still on Shamash, remember?" Casey coughs.

"Great, so Kadius and Draktar were killed..." Heddwyn sighs.

Nexios says nothing. His fire has turned a pale lavender. Probably his sign of guilt.

"Where are the other ships that came with us?" asks Brooke.

"Rashid turned the fleet around when Keldar spoke of his premonition," says Nexios at last. "With no more resistance from the Judas, I believe they have no reason to accompany us now. The one we just left has tractored onto this ship, so it is on auto-pilot and can be left alone until we arrive at Uanna. But I feel I know somewhat of what that thing that pursued us was..."

"The thing behind the disappearances&#33;" pipes up little Robert, who was silent until now.

"Yes. We are making some headway now."

Casey voices her thoughts now. "When I looked back, it looked like the Judas ships that were about to fire at us got sucked into... I dunno, a star's gravity? But there weren't any stars... it was like completely black behind them."

Heddwyn also says something. "That voice that got in my head... that was the most intense I've felt it yet."

Calaveras frowns. "Why wasn't it in my head, then... everything seems to happen to me nowadays."

Heddwyn casts a glare in her direction. "As much as you'd prefer to think so, Calorie-Free, this isn't about you."

"Don't antagonize my sister," Koan growls.

"So what now?" says Rustahg. "We're... kind of all back together."
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Against all odds, they're alive. And what's more, they picked up some new people. Some kid, and... who's this new... girl? ...she's manly as hell. Another "accidental" Nexios summon, I'm sure.

Heddwyn's talking about voices in his head again. I have a theory, but it should be obvious to everyone by now.

"Do you think whatever that voice is is what caused that... hmm... suction-thing?"

I still need to find an excuse to get back to my room...
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Kyraxa eyes these new compatriots with slight incredulity - this was what she had to work with in the battles to come?

Running down the line of people... a tiny flimsy demon man, and a scraggly bunch of tiddly little humans. Well they might be able to use their tiny fingers to operate machines or something. Who knows.

"Greetings my new little comrades&#33; I am Kyraxa, one of the last (and therefore, most awesome) of the Korgoxian Battlelords&#33; You've probably heard of me from the time I crushed the skull of the skull of the Dragon King of Vetrox in my biceps or punched out the Living Moon of Lizrabii IV? OR single-handedly won the Battle of the Traistra Mines against fifty thousand space vikings? Of course you have&#33;

Anyway, I understand you all to have been having some kind of difficulties with foes of some sort&#33; Honestly I have little idea and less interest in what is going on, but if you just point me in the direction of whoever needs slaying or whatever needs breaking I'll have this all sorted out for us all in no time&#33;"

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:27 pm

"That will be seen to later," says Nexios, barely taking in Kyraxa's... extravagant deeds. "For now, however..."

He addresses Casey first, with a side glance at Heddwyn. "It appears that our half-demon comrade may indeed have some measure of that. Let him speak more of it, but only if he wishes to.

"In the meantime, however... I present to you one of the lost Eight."

The party, minus Rustahg, Babadoo and Kyraxa, stare at the diminutive figure. Nexios' earlier description did not do him justice. His head is quite large for his body, is very square, and has two speakers on the end. He has little stick-like limbs, but he seems quite steady. Strangely enough, he also wears a musketeer's cap. He's about three feet tall.

Electro, in particular, stares in amazement; first at the weapon he chose earlier, then at the one in the little figure's... hand, of sorts. It is indeed a small rapier with speakers on the hilt, just like the one he received. However, unlike the copy, it seems the genuine one has not at all lost its sharp edge, nor any of its potency.

"This is Robert. Apparently his species call themselves... Boomboxers." There is a very odd silence after this. Nexios then continues, "Like you, he was summoned to this universe to aid us in our task, which is the mystery of the disappearances. If this remains unchecked, the entire multi-verse could be at risk."

Tiny little Robert stares at them defiantly. He doesn't look happy at all.

"He... is quite dissatisfied with the situation, as you can clearly see."

"You mean like we are?" Rustahg dares to snark.

Ignoring Rustahg, Nexios speaks again. "Robert, are you willing to answer questions?"

"They seem more competent than you&#33;" comes the shrill and scornful reply.

"I do not blame him," says Keldar quietly. "We do botch things up quite masterfully, don't we..." He lets out a small cough of sarcastic laughter. Lazarus glares at him.

"Keldar, please," Nexios reprimands his partner. He then turns to the others. "If you have any questions to ask Robert, please do not hesitate to ask. As for our current ETA, we will be arriving on Uanna in approximately 7.5 Earth hours."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:22 pm

"Fuck if I know what that thing is..... Just that it was connected to whatever I've been hearing in my head..." IT IS EVIL... RUN FROM IT... NEVER RETURN... Heddwyn shakes his head. "Long story short, at this point i am 100% certain we are walking into a trap. The problem is, this is clearly the only way to do this, and it seems to want us here, at least enough to deus ex us outta death."

He observes the short man more closely. "How the hell are you not dead? I was under the impression the former group all passed?"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:28 pm

She sure talks big. Better make introductions so she doesn't squash me later.

"Ah, Kyraxa&#33; Yes, I'm sure we've all heard of at least some of your exploits. We've had our own little adventures, as well, but nothing quite on the same scale as yours."

Lying through my fucking teeth for her ego. Keep that smile up.

"Call me Smoke."

~~~

Oh, that's not a kid, then. And that's not a costume, either... Heddwyn had the same question I did, conveniently. Best wait to follow up.
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:20 pm

"Well no need to fear on that front my good friend Smoke&#33; You will soon be immortalised as part of the legend of how I, Kyraxa did errr... what ever it is we are doing here&#33; But such details are unimportant, for soon I am sure we will be showered in glory...

- She pauses briefly as she eyes up the rest of the group -

.... or at least as much glory as your diminutive frames can handle&#33; Probably some great riches too&#33; What's on this Uanna place we are going to anyway?"

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:44 pm

(A/U: I am the best at keeping an RPG up to date. Clearly. :V)

"This... Heddwyn has a point," remarks Keldar, as quiet as ever. "We are being pulled towards some sort of goal here. But just who is pulling the strings... what greater deity doth exist? Does he... smile upon our plight?"

"Well it's not Berthier," huffs Casey. "Berthier doesn't want to destroy everything. Am I right?"

"No," says Koan, an ugly look on her face. "Subjugation is something she's fond of. If there's nothing, what'll she do? She'd probably... k-kill herself."

"Keldar, you know as well as I do that no deity conceivable would be behind such a catastrophe," says Nexios reproachfully. "But you are correct. Our half-demon friend might have uncovered a major clue."

"Well before I answer you all more, I'd like to get what I can out of D'Artagnan the Short, here," snarks Heddwyn. He observes the figure closely. "How the hell are you not dead? I was under the impression the former group all passed?"

"That's what I have to believe, anyway&#33;" squeaks tiny Robert. He goes into an entire spiel about some giant invisible thing sucking the ship of his former comrades towards it, but before he knew it the ship was suddenly invaded by Judas forces, and they took him away, brainwashing him and forcing him to work for them until Kyraxa and the rest found him.

"Invisible... thing?" Heddwyn shakes his head. "Man..."

"So, um, Nexios?" Brooke asks.

"Yes?"

"...when exactly did Keldar and that lizard guy get here?"

It's Lazarus who speaks, though.

"It was my wish to accompany you to Uanna," says the reptilian prophet. "We were able to hop onto your ship when we were within range. I took Keldar along since he was nearby, but the general and his co-pilot had to return to Shamash."

"Well that's good, we can still contact them from there, in case Berthier gets up to no good, right?" Casey says, though still not too thrilled about leaving Berthier alone by herself.

"What about Petz?" Heddwyn growls.

"She's probably gotten to our destination before us," replies Rustahg. "But we know how to deal with those characters, don't we..."

"Well, buckle up, people, we're a few hours away," announces Brooke.

UANNA

The ship docks itself in a similar bay to the one on planet Shamash.

"This Petz will soon have my might falling upon her like a star's gravity," booms Kyraxa.

"I'm hoping it won't come to that," says Calaveras, with an uneasy glance at the Korgoxian.

"I somewhat agree," says Heddwyn. "We came here primarily to help solve the abductions... buuuuut if we can bring that idiot around too, the better pleased I'll be."

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:09 am

Brooke offers a perfunctory but friendly enough greeting before getting back to work on her ship while 'piloting'. It's pretty much the future 'round this place she muses wryly. How have none of them realized that the ship can do everything except docking on autopilot way better than I ever could? While 'piloting', she uses her last few hours with this technological beauty to really figure its last few features out, top to bottom, and make some...adjustments. She's sure that there are more lies, traps, and tricks than she can shake a stick at floating around in this environment, so preparedness is probably her best chance to swing the variables in her favour. If nothing else, her work is some refuge from this bunch and what's waiting for them. At least the charmingly vainglorious Amazon in the nuclear holocaust-proof armour seems like a straight shooter. Good to have one, and she can obviously handle herself.

Brooke does a final bit of prepping as the others prepare to leave, Han Solo style. She sets the ship up for a quick startup and keeps the engine coolant systems on and pumps primed. She sets the door security code to voice activated based on her own voice, and samples of Kyraxa's, Electro's, Casey's, and...Heddwyn's already tried to murder me once. There's no way he's in full control. Best err on the side of caution, there. None of the others she knows enough to trust yet or, in some cases, knows too well to trust. She sets the ship's pop-up blasters to auto-target on fairly liberal parameters, patches her tablet into its security system, and syncs its pickup function with the device so that she can call it in to the rescue in a pinch.

Then she stands, stretches, and checks her bag. Turning to leave, she pauses and, in a peculiar display of sentimentality, pats the control console. "Stay safe, beautiful," she murmurs, at least a bit embarrassed to hear the words coming out of her mouth. Then she joins the others and strides down the gangplank. "Well then, let's hop to it&#33;"
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:24 am

(gonna ditch the first person from here on out since third person is working nicely in oddestsey. also holy balls it's been a long time :v: )

So they're after Petz, then. Casey racks her brain, trying to remember what it is she does. Some sort of disintegration at a molecular level or something, wasn't it? That's close enough for her.

While leaving Berthier alone does worry her somewhat, better knowing her personal motivation eases that feeling. That she would rather dominate than kill presents a neat opportunity to rip her whole operation apart and commandeer the scraps for her own purposes... she needs a way to get on her ship without the others knowing, though. Killing Berthier is still on the agenda, of course - but Casey has higher priorities now. If she could just sneak away, or get herself captured, or something. She's sure the opportunity will come with patience. For now, she'll keep playing along.

"Yeah, let's go," she tells everyone, echoing Brooke's enthusiasm.
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:33 am

Kyraxa is not entirely keen to go abduction solving. It was not her forte, but she supposed there might hypothetically be times where just maybe, some problems would better solved by means other than glorious battle. She wasn't sure she liked the idea though.

"You, comrades&#33; You have a far better understanding of what is going on here than I - is there any one you need me to loom menacingly over? I can do that&#33;"

Looming menacingly fell well within the remit of things she knew how to do, and seemed like it might be the kind of thing that helped in situations like this.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:40 pm

THE PARTY

As soon as they leave the ship, however...

"Freeze&#33; Hold your positions&#33;"

A group of soldiers looking vaguely like Romulans, though with distinct features belonging to the genus Panthera and the family Felidae in general (such as the faint spots covering the visible parts of their pale bodies, the cat-like eyes, whiskers...), have surrounded them. The Romulan resemblance extends to their body armour, though it is gold, not silver, and the belts are olive green. They are carrying high output plasma rifles, definitely powerful weapons... but the footsoldiers look afraid more than anything.

Except one.

One of the soldiers, looking a little grander than his subordinates, strides forward. He looks rather stern, and he too carries a plasma rifle.

"Identify yourselves, and the reason you bring not only a Judas vessel to this planet, but two of the most hated bounty hunters across the universe to our home."

He gestures to Koan and Calaveras as he says the latter part. His tone is low, firm but not angry.

Nexios is the first to speak. "Forgive me. Were we not heralded by General Rashid of Shamash already?"

"We have not heard from Rashid for a long time," replies the Felidus commander. "Now state your business."

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Bounty hunters? That's new information. And what's taking Rashid so long? Casey doesn't clearly remember the original purpose for leaving Shamash. They were rescuing the other half of the group from a trap, weren't they? And why did that group leave? Casey doesn't particularly care about this, though. The new group's new objective is clear enough. Talk time.

"We've tracked another bounty hunter of their group, Petz, to Uanna." Is that even the name of this planet? Casey doesn't see any weird looks coming from anyone, so she continues. "These two have been very cooperative in helping us find her so far." Maybe leave out the part about them being brainwashed? That sounds like a good idea. "As for the Judas ship, we were ambushed on the way here. Our original ship was destroyed. We improvised." Casey figures that not having been shot yet is a good sign that they're at least listening.
poopity scoop