Mystery of the Apkallian System

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Kyraxa stares surprised at the small figure who has just shot her for an instant with a lack of comprehension. Then a huge grin crosses her face and she breaks out into mighty laughter.

"I have no idea who you are tiny.... - she squints at the new visitor - errr... being! But clearly your warrior's spirit is colossal though your frame is so very very small!

Would you do me the honour of your name? I am Kyraxa as you may have heard me tell your entire ship"

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:53 pm

RUSTAHG and KYRAXA

The stumbling figure continues to fire, but none of the shots affect Kyraxa, and Rustahg lazily evades any that are relatively close to hitting her (or standing still and letting them pass harmlessly by). Eventually Rustahg orders Babadoo to restrain the small figure. It proves very easy because the heavy helmet makes the being so unbalanced that it can barely stay upright. The gun is knocked away and Babadoo restrains the figure by the back of the helmet. It swings tiny fists at the demon but doesn't connect.

Kyraxa laughs a mighty laugh. "I have no idea who you are, tiny..." - she squints at the new visitor - "errr... being! But clearly your warrior's spirit is colossal though your frame is so very very small! Would you do me the honour of your name? I am Kyraxa as you may have heard me tell your entire ship."

The small being does not respond, still trying to take swipes at Babadoo.

"Wait a moment..." A sneaking suspicion comes into Nexios' mind... just as there is a static noise coming in... from inside the helmet.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:03 pm

*waits a moment*

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:32 pm

Kyraxa bends down and lifts the helmet straight off the head of this new being.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:44 pm

Koan and I are on the same track now. She's not off the hook for the whole deception ploy, but as long she's useful... well, we'll see.

I can't get my mind off those blank pages, though. It seems like Koan didn't know they would be blank. When we saw her in the security feed, before we went back in time with Brooke, there wasn't a book. There was fire on the ground. Heddwyn said something odd, as well. "Robes." Just the one word. Cryptic, indeed. I'll have to ask about that later. I hope he remembers.

Now, the big question: Do I chase Berthier, or not? I'd have to go with Koan, who may or may not still want to kill me. We do have similar goals now, so maybe she'll cooperate. Well... until we reach Berthier, anyway. I suspect I'll be restrained at that point.

Fuck it.

"Perhaps against my better judgement, I'd like to go with her." I can barely get that second part out of my mouth. It's not fear, it's caution. "I realize now I'm no good for combat stuff around here, and we'll definitely run into a few fights on the way to Berthier, but... well, I have some choice words for her." Technically true. "And, um... maybe someone else should bring the purification thing. I'd bring it myself, but..." Shit. Well, there's no backpedaling out of this one.

"...but, well... fuck it, I'm done pretending forgetfulness is the reason I keep leaving it behind. It doesn't like me, plain and simple."

Let's see how this pans out...
poopity scoop

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:51 pm

"The truth will set you free," Brooke muses, half-jokingly. "For what it's worth, I figured that might be the case, but I wasn't going to say anything. We all have our demons...some literally." God, that was bad. You just can't help yourself, can you? "Anyway, I'd offer, but running and shooting isn't really in my repertoire unless I can rig something up."
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Heddwyn saves a moment to give Brooke an incredulous look after that pun. losing motivation...scared...tired?...COWARDS...nah...YES...sigh...as for Smoke?...how do I react to that?...HELLO THERE...it's not like her demons can be any worse than mine...I can't even get near that fucking thing without tingly pain shooting through me...like my whole body's a foot that fell asleep that just had pressure put on it...where was I going with this?... oh yeah...that she could tolerate touching it...already better off than me...

"well I think we need the two of you regar...regardless of what you may think you can do. You've already saved my life multiple times" he reminds Smoke, "and I'm pretty sure you could get yourself classified as a minor deity at this point" he observes to brooke.

good fucking god who decided it was a good idea to have me lead this mission...the first time I really don't trust myself to do it right...
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:34 am

...okay, bullet dodged. I need to get better at keeping my mouth shut before any identifying information slips out. Funny, I've been at this a few years now, and keeping quiet wasn't an issue until I had people to talk to.

I give a nod of acknowledgement to Heddwyn.

He forgets that the last time I saved him involved stabbing his attacker in the neck. I'm still surprised she hung on so long after that; they usually bleed out a little faster. Aliens or something, I guess.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:36 pm

RUSTAHG and KYRAXA

Upon the removal of the headgear, the small figure stops moving. So does Nexios. There is a long silence as recognition starts to kick in.

"...my powers have failed me..." says Nexios in a hushed voice. The fireball that makes up his head turns a pale purple. "How could I not have known who you were..."

"It's YOU," says the small figure. It looks at Rustahg, Babadoo, and Kyraxa. "Leading more beings, innocent or not, to their demise, huh?"

"Please do not bring that up again..."

"Oh yes, you wear your guilt openly, but maybe there's a side of you that doesn't care!"

"...Nexios?" Rustahg blinks. "Is that...?"

"Yes, that is one of the missing," says Nexios. "One of the eight. His name, as you correctly guess, is Robert."

----

HEDDWYN'S PARTY

Koan acknowledges Casey's statement, then turns to Heddwyn. "I refuse to let anyone kill my sister, or indeed, any of them," she adds, with a glance at Calaveras. Calaveras realizes that Koan isn't talking about her, but Petz, "but I don't mind if you wish to take your frustrations out on her. Huh. I have quite a bit stored up I'd love to inflict."

"Koanie!" says Calaveras reproachfully.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!!" Koan snaps, causing her sister to give back a little.

"Is this your way of 'atoning for your sins', woman?" Walden scowls. "Because you have far to go."

"You can attempt to kill me," grunts the Spectre Sister. "But no one's taking my life, at least not until I confront Berthier personally."

"But WHY? WHY would Bertie turn on us?!" Calaveras blurts out. "Would she turn on Petzie as well?!"

"Petz will survive," sniffs Koan. "And it would be a big mistake to cross her. You know she could wipe out all three of us without batting an eye."

"What?! How powerful is she?!" Heddwyn snarls. "She was caught in a spaceship explosion! Surely that would - !"

" - prove to be a minor hindrance," Koan smiles. "She's still alive, I can feel it."

"Really?" Calaveras begs to differ.

"What does your heart tell you?"

"If you have one," infers Casey.

Calaveras glares at Casey for a moment, then closes her eyes.

"...Petz? ...Petzie? ...where are you?"

Out of nothing... a small spacecraft...

"Huh?"

A woman with a green updo...

"Petzie! No way! You're... !"

Calaveras falls over with a yelp.

"Uhh..." Casey and Heddwyn just blink at her, while Brooke hastily stifles a giggle.

"I... I saw her..."

"And where is she?" says Koan.

"Somewhere... in space..." murmurs Cally.

A quiet voice intervenes. "And thus... whatever ploy this woman orchestrated, it culminated in a whimper." It's Keldar. "Nexios, and your friends, are indeed still alive, as I gathered."

"Do they know of her deception?" Heddwyn asks immediately.

"I do not know," replies Keldar, barely audible. "But this... Petz lady is formidable. It is unlikely that even I can combat her."

The party, General Rashid, Guillermo, and the rest of the Daath look tense, but Koan and Calaveras are unconvinced. Koan even ventures to walk up to Keldar.

"...no, I don't think so. You're hiding your power." Koan folds her arms. "Or at least a portion of it."

"My true powers are of the deepest mystical arts in the cosmos," replies the quiet voice of Keldar. "Something not even you, invader, would have even guessed. I do not use them unless they are absolutely necessary... unlike Nexios."

"And how you already know so much about Petz already?" Koan growls.

"I read," replies Keldar in a rather sophisticated voice. "Which is what I need to do right now. With your permission," he adds to the general. "There are some annals I wish to immerse myself in."

"Such as?" inquires Rashid. "I can't possibly believe you haven't pored over the most important details already?"

"I am old," laughs Keldar. "Memories often fade, and need refreshing, or overwriting."

"Very well," says Rashid, and with that, Keldar vanishes.

"So, Katsy," hisses Lazarus, "what do you suppose we do about your sister?"

Koan frowns.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:52 am

"Robert, we are here to help!"

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:55 am

Maaaan, Brooke thinks, casually taking a step back, these are some sketchy people. They're all sketchy, from their reasoning, to their powers, to the fact that they obviously have secrets - powerful secrets. She takes a moment to study them. I'm slightly inclined to trust Lazarus, but Keldar just straight up lied, and I can't be the only one who suspects. Heddwyn's an unpredictable maniac who goes from murderous to apologetic and back at the drop of a hat. The technicolor hair and tutu sisters are just terrible people, even with the evil ostensibly drained from them. They've just been temporarily demoted from galactic-level tyrants to bickering mean girls. And Smoke? I've just assumed that she's a good person without knowing anything about her. Too many variables. Far too many variables, and variables get people killed.

Then, Brooke gets an idea. "You know," she says to the General, "I work at my university's library. I could probably help Keldar find what he's looking for," she offers. Really, she just wants to be away from the dangerous unpredictability, and it'll give her the chance to either confirm or deny her trust in Keldar.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:18 pm

"So uh, we still gonna try to rescue our friends stranded in space then?"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:59 pm

"Well it is true that they may need our help, but at the same time... I don't wish for such a thing to happen again," says Rashid, mopping his brow again. He still seems deeply affected by all that has happened.

"Sir, perhaps I can find them?" says Guillermo.

"I don't know, son," replies the general. "If that traitor is still with them, I'd rather try to handle her with a large force..."

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Brooke's emotional investment in whatever's happening out in space is just about nil, and she feels as if there may be a lot more to be learned by keeping an eye on Keldar, but after being hit over the head with it, she can tell which way things are going to swing here.

She shrugs good-naturedly. "I guess Keldar probably knows his way around a library by now, and this seems a lot more pressing. Let's hop to it!"
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Seeing as Electro had little to no idea what to do currently, he just decides to follow Brooke