Mystery of the Apkallian System

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Space. It's a thing of beauty, isn't it? When you look up at the night sky, peering into the cosmos, all those stars shining down upon you...

It masks its terror well.

It is a void, an utter vacuum. The temperatures so frigid you would be frozen in an instant. No air to breathe. No sense of direction... unless you become sucked into a star's gravity. Then, if the coldness of space and lack of environment don't destroy you, the immense heat and pressure of a star will.

But that's not all. We are not alone in the universe...

----

A dark recon ship cruises through the galaxy. In an instant, however, a shield starts to encase it, and slowly turns the cruiser invisible. Inside...

"So... what do you think of all these disappearances?" inquires the pilot. Her white braided hair gleams as she turns her head.

"Sounds like a nice bit of adventure," comes a remark from behind the pilot, who beholds another woman, this one with dark purple hair.

"You wouldn't know the first bit of adventuring," the pilot chastisizes. "All you do is go straight for the jugular and burn everything around you."

"Can I help it if I have a certain lust for watching worlds burn?"

"If the merchandise withers while you're at it, what's the point of us making these little outings?" comes another reply. The purple haired woman turns and greets yet another woman, this time with long brown hair drawn up in a bun so it seems short, and with a bow on the back of her head.

"Hm. It's more to the fact that I like watching others suffer."

"Well don't make us suffer," the pilot snarls. "We lose money every time we take this ship for a spin. Fuel isn't cheap."

"Yeah. If I have to start using second-rate makeup to get rid of these blemishes, I'll kill you," growls the woman with the bow.

"I'll give you more than a blemish if you don't shut your trap."

"Sisters..."

The other three stop arguing. A fourth woman has come into sight. She has long dark green hair that is wrapped up in an updo. Her eyes glint maliciously.

"Now... we wouldn't be having a pointless row, now, would we?" Her voice is quiet, but deep. The other three are tense.

"No, no, there's no trouble," squeaks the pilot. "I'm setting a course for the Apkallian System as we speak."

The other two ladies step aside to allow the green-haired woman to walk past them, right behind the pilot's chair.

"Good..." She stares out through the viewport into the cosmos. "Soon we'll learn about what these mysterious abductions mean... and then we'll take matters in our own hands. Another system to bend to the Black Moon's will, and all the spoils to us."

"You know the last system we went through barely had any habitable life," pipes up the purple-haired woman. "Or at least, it didn't until we got there. All wiped out."

The green-haired woman's eyes glinted. "This is different. This system is renowned, its economy is rich... ripe for the picking. Hmhmhmhm..."

Evil smiles cross the faces of all the women as, still far away, a blue planet comes into their sight.

"...and soon, all of its wealth, its beauty... will be ours to conquer!"

----

Ill intent is all around us, however ignorant we remain. Those who live to subjugate, to rule, to command... oh yes, they exist. In fact, they are closer to home than you think.

----

**some time later...**

"Colonel, the one called Nexios, of the prophet society Daath, informs us of visitors to our system!"

"Hmm. Hopefully they do better than the last batch we received. It wasn't his fault though. Keldar sent them."

"Should we really trust the Daath? We have not perceived their true purpose."

"Now, now, it is because of Daath that we were able to hold off The Judas in time. If not, we would have lost one of Enki's moons, and they would have been able to set up a base. That and all the disappearances lately might have defeated us."

"Y-yes, sir."

"Now, do as I bid. Tell the space fleet not to launch anymore crafts. Heaven forbid we have more disappearances. Also, send word to the Daath that we have received Nexios' message. And tell them to bring our visitors here." There is an audible sigh. "They just may be our last hope."

"Understood."

----

You do not know these 8 beings from different dimensions. They do not know you. But it will be because of their efforts... that you live to see another day.

----

A Cyborg...

A Tiefling...

Four humans...

A merman...

And a Warforged...

The 8 appear out of individual rifts, and land in the clearing of a great forest, all of them right near each other.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:26 pm

"nnngh... who the fuck are you guys?" I say as I get up, unholstering my laser pistol. "How did you get here? And where is here?"

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:33 pm

"I am Rustahg, demon summoner, and you sir, look like a fish out of water!", I say, pointing at the merman.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:34 pm

I push my head up from the dirt.
"Haven't done that in a while," I mutter under my breath, clearing dirt from my eyes. "Of course I'm not alone." I reach for my bag. Seems like it's still there.
Now who is in front of me? I see some people, and... what is that, a fish? That one over there looks like a robot, someone has a gun out... hmm. Maybe I should stay down for now, just keep myself out of this as long as I can.
poopity scoop

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:23 pm

Kadius woke up and rose to a crouching position. The hell happened? How did I get here? he thought to himself. He stood up, brushing the dirt off of him and checking for injuries. It doesn't seem like I got hurt at all, at least. And my magnet is here, as well. Strange. It looks like I'm in some sort of forest.

Kadius then noticed the other people around him, and immediately took a defensive stance. He grabbed his magnet from his back and separated it into its weapon form. "Who are you all, and why am I here?" he shouted.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:08 pm

"I dunno. I'm Drew. Who are you?!" I snarl, tightening my grip on my pistol.

Draktar

Post by Draktar » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Draktar comes back into consciousness and surveys his surroundings.I was just in my shop, where am I? Before he can see if his repair bot and rifle are with him, he notices the many figures before him. Two of them stand ready to fight, one with some strange weapon and the other with a laser pistol.Oh boy what the hell did I get myself into now.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:23 pm

after lying there for a while, Heddwyn decides to sit up - and notices the stand-off occurring. Huh, that one looks afraid - is afraid. his fear could lead to all of us dying right here, right now. He has noticed drew standing there.

He locks eye with Drew; "You should calm down" he commands, his voice laced with magic
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:52 pm

I wonder if any of these people know who I am? Probably not. I don't know anything about them, either. It's probably best for me if I don't volunteer any information needlessly.
I listen more closely to the ongoing conflict and catch one man's name.
Drew. You've made your first mistake.
I see another one sit up.
He looks human... his eyes are a bit odd though. Looks like he came from one of my sister's comic books. Oh, and now he's trying to talk Drew down. Drew's first instinct in a group of unknown people was to pull a gun. Grey Eyes can't possibly expect to actually calm him down, the guy's on a hair trigger.
I watch Drew, anticipating his reaction to the grey-eyed man.
poopity scoop

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:09 am

I don't shoot, but I move to aim my gun at the man who spoke. "None of you answered my question. Who the fuck are you?! Answer or I'll shoot!"
Last edited by TotallyNotSatan on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:35 am

his will is weak but he's being supercharged by terror. why the hell would he be so scared of us? a vein shows on Heddwyn's forehead as he concentrates harder on calming Drew. "Generally, you do not want to point a gun at this many people; it rarely ends well for anyone involved. I'm Heddwyn. now please calm down.

or... at least stop shaking, you'll pull that darned trigger before you mean to." he ends with a half smile
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:19 am

Electro exclaims: "where i am ? and who are you guys ? i'm not evil, i just wanna understand what is going on", he stares at the people around him, and channel electricity into his fists in case things go wrong

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:19 am

Side note: I have both an Int. and a Per. of 7. Not too weak of a will.

Finally given an answer, I drop my hands but still cling tightly to the gun. "Who are you?! Why are we here? Who did this?"

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:27 am

"Well, people do consider me evil most of the time. Tell me, to make things easier for me, which one of you do my demonic hordes need to take out to get out of this place?". With a snap of her finger, Babadoo comes stand beside her, snarling and growling.

"Laser wielding cyborg, a fish with a... magnet? something that looks like a golem engineer, electric kid, that bloke in leather looks like he had a terrible accident on the set of Mad Max...

... and then there are these 2..."

Rustahg first glances at Casey, not aware this was her name of course...

"I can see it in her eyes, pure evil. And fit too... I love her already..."

and then at the one who had just introduced himself as Heddwyn.

"A... a demon! I know a demon when I see one... but there is also something else in him... something that may prove harder for me to control..."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:50 am

"Stand down."

In a brilliant and sudden blaze of white fire, a being appears some 25 feet away. He is tall, with long robes almost as blinding white as the fire he appeared with. In a hand that actually seems to (dully) glow many colours at once he carries a sable staff with a sharp speared end, sticking somewhat into the ground, and on the other end seems to be a miniature spiral galaxy. But it is the head of the figure that would be most intimidating...if he had a head. But it is not a head. It is a white-yellow fireball, the same size as a human head in proportion to its body.

"You may be wondering why you have been brought here." As the figure speaks, the fire where his head would be turns to orange/red flames, and then back again. "But I am afraid I cannot reveal all the details to you now. I must see whether you have what it takes to be the Chosen Few."

The figure pauses, looking on. He thinks to himself. Hmm... they still seem hostile, and rightly so. Oh well...
This account is in a state of dimensional flux