(1b) Black Salvo vs (4a) The Terrible Toad Twins

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

(1b) Black Salvo vs (4a) The Terrible Toad Twins

Post by attackfrog » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Black Salvo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71367
The Terrible Toad Twins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71352

Badnik's going with the big wedge so the Toads have a decent chance of outwedging Black Salvo from the front, as well as being able to easily get under it from any other direction. They may not be able to damage it, but they can definitely pop it into the air and over onto its back, where its wedge will be a lot less effective.

Since BS is so much faster, I'll be driving pretty defensively in order to avoid being flanked. I'm going to keep the Toads relatively close together, but not so close that they could be shoved into each other. I'll keep them spun up to capitalize on any chance I get, and aggressively go on the attack when I do get that chance. The rest of the time, I'll keep the front of whichever Toad Black Salvo is going after pointed at it, and have the other circle around to attack Black Salvo as it either starts pushing the first Toad around or gets knocked into the air by its spinner.

Neither of us is going to be damaging the other very much, but thanks to my Active Weapons (tm) I can be more impressive for the judges. I'll show aggression through my targeted attacks and control by forcing Black Salvo to engage on my terms: head to head.

GL Dylan!

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: (1b) Black Salvo vs (4a) The Terrible Toad Twins

Post by attackfrog » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:37 pm

Edit: Wait the declaration was for NKC, wasn't it. Fuck. Uhh... well Badnik's probably going wedgelets in that case, which will make out-wedging BS harder. Guess I'm still going for the same strategy though because I'm too lazy to come up with another one #YOLO.

Badnik96

Re: (1b) Black Salvo vs (4a) The Terrible Toad Twins

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:59 pm

forks on.

he can't really damage me and i have almost double their speed, plus i should be able to just cram my forks into their drum and beat them on most head-on collisions. even if my outer forks lose to the lighter 2wd wedge, the central fork has no wedge to fight and should slip right under the drum. the furthest forks should also beat the sloped sides in a worst case scenario so i don't really have any worries here. so here's the plan:

wait for them to come out a bit, then pick one and rush it. get it into whatever wall is furthest from the other twin, then back off and slam that one. divide and conquer, always going full speed. never give them a chance to regroup and get at my side. keep the twins as separated as possible and impress the judges with big slams. if i ever notice theyre starting to gather round, just pick a direction, full speed away, then come back in with a big charge to separate them again. if i ramp off their discs or whatever, cool! that's always fun. won't take long to land and continue the assault. they have no way to score damage and i'm sure a bunch of big slams will out-score whatever hits a 7-weapon disc can do.

if it turns out i'm consistently losing the wedge war head to head, just use my blazing speed to attack at an angle. really, there is no problem in this fight that cannot be solved by simply adding more speed. just be careful around the low wall, i don't want to oota myself on accident.

good luck jack and may the better admin win
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ