Y.V. vs Nuclear Plague

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Y.V. vs Nuclear Plague

Post by V900 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:58 pm

Nuclear Plague is one word off of this being a canon matchup.

Y.V. (anti-spinner plow)
Speed: 8
Torque: 3
Traction: 7
Armor: 10 (+3 plow)
Weapon: 2
Nuclear Plague
Speed: 5
Weapon: 12
Armor: 9 (+2 wedge)
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
* I have a significant speed advantage and an additional traction advantage. While this isn't something one typically states in a plow vs spinner match, NP's weapon requires it to wedge it's opponent before the drum can be brought into play.

* My plow takes no damage from NP's spinner. If NP wedges me and the bottom of my plow is hit, it will not take damage. There's a generous amount of room between my plow and the front wheel, meaning I will have ample time to react if such a thing happens.

Strategy:

* Aim to swerve around the wedgelets. Be as patient as I want. If he wants to spend half the match turning in place, that's his MO and I'll win the aggression + strategy JD. Wallslam if (read: when) I get under.
basically aim for these
* If he decides to suddenly go all full-aggression, pull back and search around for more openings to angle into those outermost front panels. His wedgelets are placed VERY narrowly together, and I have 175% his speed. This is more than doable.

* If he decides to pull back and play defensive, follow and continue drifting around 3-5 feet away from him. Again, 175% speed. Go fast and eat his ass.

* If he manages to get under me, pull the fuck outta there. If he obliterates my front wheel, pull back and use my rear 2 wheels to act as a standard 2WD wedge. Be more cautious toward getting outwedged. Losing my front wheel will not totally compromise my driving.

gl hf

Badnik96

Re: Y.V. vs Nuclear Plague

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:30 pm

uhhhh just go full aggro, angle in and try to hit something vulnerable. don't drive like a dumbass. jhook away if he gets under, before he can get that lifter into play. watch for him to angle past my forks, reverse and try to get a better angle. his wedge is very steep so it'll be hard for him to really take control if he does get under, so dont get aggressive and over-extend. i just need to use the drum to pull him up past the armored portion and into the juicy insides so i want to play super aggressive and keep him in the air for as long as possible

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ