Dubior vs Venice Queen

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Dubior vs Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:02 pm

VQ: Speed: 10 / Traction: 8 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 8 (+2 front) - FORKS Image

Dubior: Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 9 / Armour: 4

He's pneumatic, I'm electric - and he's high power with minimal internal room, so it's actually reasonable to expect him to run out of flips. I can actually deal significant damage to him with ramming. his design is very poorly protected against angling in: his wheels are WAY at the back, so turning will be sluggish (probably acting more like an 8/6), he has no side wedges, and his clamshell shape means that his head-on wedge will be very weak: since it's flat, my forks are at least as good at it: either that or he was able to file that two-sided tip to literally a micron thick and it's going to immediately bend as soon as we impact into each other.

Start by rushing at him. miss on purpose: go around his side and immediately start circling. I'm not expecting to actually get under his rear or side, but I want to force him on the defensive early. From there, angle in. my flat wedge part is great for forcing under at an angle (and potentially lifting a wheel off the ground), and the forks give me the reach I need to pop him up with the flipper when he starts to escape. General plan here is a series of forcing myself under, shoving him along for a bit while trying to get more under his side, and the disrupting his escapes by firing the flipper as he tries to back off. the goal here is to eventually get into a position where I am permanently at his sides, as he has no way to effectively turn to fight me since he only has wheels at the back.

I can also try head-on attacks. these are risky, and are most likely best reserved for if/when there's damage to his front, or if angling in doesn't work at all somehow. there's 2 reasons to do them anyway, both pretty much reserved for if he's ramming across the arena at top speed instead of trying to have a strategy. 1) ramming directly into his front is likely to deal damage to his wedge when it impacts with the forks: his 8 speed ramming into my 10 speed will H U R T his 4 armor. 2) as mentioned, his wedge is awful for a 2WD bot - and if I get under, my front's shape should let me then ram/flip him into the walls, biohazard style. also, if he does get under, I probably monster-truck before he reacts and is able to get the flip off (or, he flips early and I drive directly into his exposed internals).

if he gets under, I'm likely already driving towards him. continue gunning it: he's a clamshell with no wedge spikes, I can drive over his wedge easily, and he's not going to get a powerful flip if I'm right next to the fulcrum of his flipper. I'm still faster than him, so run away to self right if needed.

GL

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Dubior Jr vs Venice Queen

Post by Trihunter » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:42 pm

Dubior JrVenice Queen
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 10
Traction: 7Traction: 8
Torque: 2Torque: 3
Weapon: 9Weapon: 1
Armour: 4Armour: 8 (+2 front)
Config: WedgeletsConfig: Forks
Simply put, end the match quickly. I know this is flagged as a match of the week, but if stuff goes our way, Venice Queen's going over the back wall in the first few seconds. Go for a rush, though not necessarily full speed. They aren't a spinner, getting under is more important than reaching them. Prepare for a feint, Gabe knows the shit I'm trying to pull. Aim to react to their dodge accordingly, scooping them up and throwing them out ASAP. Gabe's only reasonable wincon is using ramming damage to warp my flipper, or keeping up control, so the aim is to conclude the match before that can occur. Reasonably, VQ can only warp the wedge from ramming damage by pushing from the back, since it can't really "catch" Dubior. Shoving it into a wall front to front would have its own wedge push Dubior upwards, and if Dubior gets under whilst it tries to push VQ just monstertrucks. We've a solid enough drivetrain to be able to worm ourselves free if Gabe does try to go for the back (Try to J-Hook off if he does get there), and the chassis shape makes pushing from the side impossible too. All we have to do is predict VQ's movements enough to get it on our wedge, throw it over, then swing the momentum of the match until VQ gets thrown out of the arena, be that by chain flipping or just aggressive wedging until they're close enough to the edge. Even if our wedge gets warped, it's not impossible to get under still, just takes a little more careful aiming. We don't need to try for the back or sides or anything fancy, just angle enough to slip under, throw them over then get them out. Try to keep the fight close to the walls when possible, since it means VQ can't get up enough of a head of steam on a push to deal damage, and it's an easier ring-out for us.

tl;dr: Prep for bait, throw them OOtA before the fight can get going.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)