Mekabu vs Found God in a Tomato

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Mekabu vs Found God in a Tomato

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:38 pm

mekabu: Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 11 / Armour: 9 (+2 wedge)

FGiT: Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 13 / Armor: 6 (+2 top)

START UPSIDE DOWN (it has the same decals inverted as it does right side up so I can still tell where I'm going). this should protect my body from a hit or two, but generally speaking I'm not interacting with his weapon.

I strafe and I'm faster: don't interact directly with his front. general plan is to go for wheels, wedge corners, the sides of his weapon supports, or his underside if he gyros (all of which only have 7 armor btw). always play in the middle (and rebound such that I don't get cornered: don't get baited into a hit that endangers me!), be willing to be passive, and be willing to wait a while for an opening. enough circling will force him to either back off or over-gyro, which will either give me an opening, or keep things stalled into neutral.

if he gets under me, my gyro should keep me stable, which should prevent him from being able to snowball multiple hits.

this is literally the only strategy that wins me the match, so just keep doing it.

GL

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Mekabu vs Found God in a Tomato

Post by Trihunter » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:06 pm

MekabuFound God In A Tomato
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 6
Traction: 4Traction: 4
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 11Weapon: 13
Armour: 9 (+2 wedge)Armour: 6 (+2 top)
Config: all wedgelets off, wheels onConfig: The one that doesn't kill itself
Box rush from the start. They've better speed but I've the better control, so anticipate shenanigans on the approach but get in and throw some blows in before gyro can get up enough to keep him stable. The armour bonus isn't likely to come into play too often, and basically every hit I deal deals 3 damage plus throwing them. Meanwhile, they get utterly shagged recoil-wise coz omnidrivelol, aim to capitalize on it with a quicker recovery to hit them when they're down. Ideally, we'll get in enough positive hits on them to bugger the ring, at which point we go full aggro and get as much extra damage and aggro points in as we can.

tl;dr: Keep up aggro throughout the fight, keep them hitting the disk and wedge, play the long game.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)