Defenestrator vs. Shadow MK6 (ROBOT3 Week 5 HW)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Defenestrator vs. Shadow MK6 (ROBOT3 Week 5 HW)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:27 am

Defenestrator: 7/6/2/4 (snake-style clamp) / 11 (+1 front wedgelets and lifter forks)

Shadow MK6: 6/4/1/13/6 (+2 drum)

CONFIGS: Wedgelets config please. Code said Shadow is using its forks.

Keep the forks on the ground, jaw raised. Don’t bother pressing: both our forks are so narrow they’re likely to just pass each other. Be aggressive, and try to angle in on the sides of his forks if possible since their length makes his chassis really long and narrow and I have a decent drive advantage. At the same time try to keep closing speeds low and not give him much space to charge at me to minimize the already-poor bite his two-tooth drum will get.

Both sets of forks are pretty long. His might be longer but I have a U-shaped gap in my chassis. At some angles I might outreach his. If forks/wedgelets make contact it’s about 50/50. If he gets under me he won’t be damaging the wedgelets or forks too much, but be ready to quickly self-right and back off until I get my lifter down. If I get under his forks his drum will make contact, but my forks have a raised “bump” to stop him from just ramming his drum forward into the main lifter arm or clamp or anything that doesn’t get the armor bonus… at least if his drum’s spinning upward. Be more wary if the drum’s spinning downward or he’s inverted. However, if he spins down I can actually LOWER the jaw all the way. This sounds suicidal, but he’s only 3 points over its armor, and the curved shape will make it near-impossible for him to get corner damage attacking head-on. I can then use the arm as a lifter to put him the other way up.

Get him in a position where I can grab his chassis if possible, otherwise grab a wheel, or if I stop / slow WAY down his drum consider grabbing between it and the chassis. Force him into the corners and go for OOTAs whenever I can, otherwise keep turning him over, lifting and pinning, banging him into the walls, and harassing him like a good control bot.

GL HF

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Re: Defenestrator vs. Shadow MK6 (ROBOT3 Week 5 HW)

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Me: 6/4/1/13/6 (+2 drum)
Him: 7/6/2/4/11 (+1 forks)
Right so I'm going wedgelets on
I'll get up to speed first, then I'll bait him into clamping, then once his mechanism lifts I'll go in and rip apart the mechanism to the clamp, once I've done enough damage to the mechanism, it's not gonna be able to do anything, and he's purely gonna try and push me around, which I'll lift him up with the drum, and then chain hits, toppling him over hopefully. Once he is upside down since his clamp mech is ruined, he'll not be able to do anything, since he cannot self right.
Hopefully this works.
Good luck HFL, may the best bot win.