ROBOTS 3 LW Nuclear Plague vs Flipcake

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

ROBOTS 3 LW Nuclear Plague vs Flipcake

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:48 am

Nuclear Plague HS: Speed: 5, Weapon: 14, Armor: 7, Traction: 3, Torque: 1

Flipcake: Speed: 7, Traction: 6, Torque: 2, Weapon: 3, Armour: 10 (Frontal Flipper +2)

Ok, so NP has a very strong weapon for me to try and deal with, I obviously have the speed and traction catch up to him, Go right at him, make my lifter low enough to try and get right under the front of NP and flip him. once he's flipped and becomes and overhead, that's were I'll have the advantage.

Once he's overhead I'll need to drive a little carefully and again go right under the front , but this time pushing hi towards the arena wall and throw him against the wall and ensure the wall hits the disc in the process to kill off the momentum.

Good luck and may the best robot win.

Badnik96

Re: ROBOTS 3 LW Nuclear Plague vs Flipcake

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:07 pm

he has a lot of exposed angles and such and it's going to be tricky for him to get a good grip on me considering my undercutter-ness. Let's abuse that. With only a 3 power electric flipper it'll be tough for him to beat my gyroscopic forces and invert me, and I plan to keep the disc going for as long as possible. He also has a big chunk of exposed chassis above his flipper so he's going to need to be careful to not get that clipped while he attacks. If you remember what happened to Ragnarok against Valkyrie, the same sort of thing can happen here.

The thing to remember in this fight is that as an undercutter it will be extremely difficult for him to get under me without taking a hit and knocking both robots away, which is what I want, especially if I aim for the corners of his wedge. The other thing to remember is that every time we connect, he'll be taking 3 shock damage. This isn't a lot, but it can add up over the course of a fight and swing a close decision.

Get spun up and come out at an angle with my disc spinning inwards, towards my opponent. I expect him to try and rush me down, so I want to try to glance off his wedge and clip the exposed wheel pod behind it. If this doesn't work, no problem. I should be able to land with the disc mostly spun up and keep things moving. Always attack with the disc spinning towards the inside of my opponent to get optimal bite and to use it to aid my positioning, so I can try to climb past the wedge into the wheel pod. Try to stay near the center of the arena, especially away from the low wall because while he doesn't have a ton of flipping power a bad bounce with the disc could throw me out and that's never a good way to go. If he is able to get me near the wall and slow me down, turn the robot so the disc isn't spinning against the wall, start spinning, and try to climb over him, cutting at that exposed chassis bit as I go. Either he will take severe damage or recognize he's in danger and pull away, both of which benefit me.

Good luck TBR!
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ