ROBOTS 3 MW: Uptown Funk vs Whirlpool

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

ROBOTS 3 MW: Uptown Funk vs Whirlpool

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:18 pm

Uptown Funk:
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 2
Armour: 10

Whirlpool:
4 Speed / 3 Traction / 1 Torque / 15 Weapon / 7 Armor
--------
Outside forks only.

Half assed last minute RP incoming. Blame watching speedrun videos

I have double their speed, and a not very wierd drive setup so I should be able to at least half of the time eventually manage to circle around them and wedge from the non-weapon side. Circle around, get to that side, flip, try to guide the fight towards the walls and OOTA them. They'll still have 1 wheel on the ground but I'll be pushing on 3 torque and its possible their disc might be skittering on the ground reducing their traction.
If they're in overcutter mode I can potentially sneak under the high side of their disc and push from that side moderately safely, but be careful of them attempting to j-hook off.

gl
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ROBOTS 3 MW: Uptown Funk vs Whirlpool

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:49 pm

I'm starting right side up this time, for once.

Whirlpool's got a comfortable 5 point weapon advantage against Uptown's Funky armor. That's going to mess up its flipper plate pretty quickly, and if I can catch a corner then UF is going to take catastrophic damage.

I'll try hitting UF weapon-first to mess up its wedging ability by bending its front, then use my wedgelets to get underneath it and get corner damage on its front edge when that gets lifted up a bit.

I do need to avoid getting flanked, but with my wheels positioned as they are I can turn more easily than the average offset HS, so that should help. Gyro forces from spinning should keep me upright, and if they don't then I'm invertible.

GL Hii!