ROBOT3 HW Week 3: Death Metal vs Omnicrap

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

ROBOT3 HW Week 3: Death Metal vs Omnicrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:57 pm

Death MetalOmnicrap 2.0
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 8
Traction: 2Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 16Weapon: 2 (1 bottom lifter / 1 top lifter / 1 flamethrower)
Armour: 7Armour: 10(+3 to plow)
spin2winiguesslolAnti spinner plow (high armor)
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOT3 HW Week 3: Death Metal vs Omnicrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:08 pm

Another Tombclone, third deathspinner in a row. Gonna use the anti spinner plow yet again.

I am twice as fast, have a lot more torque and better control with strafing to boot.
I can tank the weapon and shock damage shouldn't be too bad but damage is still something to avoid.
I can move in any direction without turning so i want to have my plow facing the spinner no mater what, moving in any direction or whatever, if i can tell what direction she is going to turn i can angle the plow a bit in that direction.
Play normal wedge strats like box rush, shoving my high armor plow into the spinner, pushing it towards the walls, lots of aggression, pinning down to make time, do stuff with the flames, etc.
Damage can be real though so if she does get to full speed i can change my plans a little as i am fast enough to chose to not get hit. Stuff like circlestrafing around her, ideally taking into account her spinning direction to work against his gyro, to get to his back. Then i can shove Tombstone into a wall as that should be more effective.
If she is facing me with his side or something like that, it's typical bait, just circle strafe in the direction opposite of the direction the weapon is spinning and shove that mofo into a wall, take into account that Tombstone's back is angled.
Watch out for stuff like bait, gyro or any driving tricks, don't do mistakes, get a ton of aggression going and don't let the spinner get to full power, GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: ROBOT3 HW Week 3: Death Metal vs Omnicrap

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:41 pm

Starting in red square (short walls)

Omnicrap is using plow and armor config (per Discord)

Omnicrap's drivetrain consists of 6 omniwheels for holonomic drive, which gives it that cool strafing capability, but such a drivetrain can be more vulnerable to high impact force than traditional drivetrains. Also, while the plow has 13 armor, that drops the rest of the bot down to 7 armor, which is well into OHKO territory. Also, shock damage comes out to 4.5-whether that rounds up or down...but it's still likely to be a factor, nontheless.

Spin up and head for the center of the arena. Omnicrap is fast, but it also has omniwheels and will likely use more strafing maneuvers vs trying for a direct attack. I'll try to fool them by showing my back to them, then swinging around along with the momentum of my weapon direction (clockwise) and hit somewhere that isn't plow, which should be nothing less than catastrophic damage to them.

If that doesn't work, direct attack the plow. That alone won't cause more than minor damage, but I'm hoping that shock damage will take its toll on the internals (holo/omnis are particularly fragile) and if I can cripple its drive, than I'll have little issue with getting a 'kill shot'.

Defensively, don't allow them to push me around. The stats say 3 torque, but holo/omnis drive's biggest weakness is traction and torque. If I get scooped up, my wide wheelbase should prevent me from being completely without control and I should be able to hook off of their plow. Second, get separation from them to get the weapon up to full speed. This may seem difficult, given their stats, but they suffer a traction penalty with holo/omni drive, so that should benefit me. Also, keep gyrodancing under control as much as possible. Lastly, stay away from the low walls to prevent Omnicrap from potentially OOTA'ing me.

GL, Maxi!