ROBOT3 MW Week3: Epicer Waluigi vs Pressure Flop

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

ROBOT3 MW Week3: Epicer Waluigi vs Pressure Flop

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Epicer WaluigiPressure Flop
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 1
Traction: 1Traction: 1
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 19 (15 Hammer / 4 Turret)
Armour: 8Armour: 10
non-flail discs:P
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOT3 MW Week3: Epicer Waluigi vs Pressure Flop

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:37 pm

He deals 6 damage to me, if he hits my hammer it will get torn off i will pretty much lose right there, if he hits anywhere else i will probably survive because he will hit in a rather awkward angle.
If i hit him in the weapon he only takes 3 (corner?) damage, but everywhere else is 7 damage. The best and probably easiest target is the chasis that takes 7 corner damage, a hit there will at least disable his weapon or drive. The other big target that i will probably hit is the wheels, even if it isn't the best angle it's still so much damage that they will get instantly destroyed anyways.
I will start by quickly moving to the center, or at least close if we engage earlier. Make sure my weapon NEVER touches his (unless it's 100% dead), attack to either his chasis or wheels as soon as i get a clear shot so he can't reach me. If shit went right then i will back off a little to prepare for the next hit, it will probably be easier as bit something will be dead on EW.
His goal is to either hit me on my hammer or hit my chasis without getting hit. He is NOT fast enough to just rush in and attack me before i get a well aimed shot (my turret is fast yet controlable and i have better reach) so he will have to resort to using his weapon to deny my attack. This will likely consist of turning and using his weapon as some sort of shield, then i can just turn my turret away and hit him around the wheel closer to me, him turning will even give me more time to aim. The main reason why would any fancy angling fail as a method to deny my hammer is that he has terrible control and he might as well miss entirely.
Don't misfire or do other mistakes, don't fire the hammer at the spinner, don't be idiot, GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: ROBOT3 MW Week3: Epicer Waluigi vs Pressure Flop

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:24 pm

non-flail setup

We're basically playing "who hits the other guy first" here. A couple things of note:

* He has 1 speed, he won't be rushing me down any time soon.
* His hammer instantly becomes a liability if it so much as grazes my discs. Disc hits hammer, hammerbot goes flying.

It's really tempting to go for that 6 corner damage on his chassis, but I don't want to be at risk of him landing a crit square between by discs or anything. So to begin the match, drive up juuust out of his hammer's range and then slowly drive backwards while swiveling left and right, baiting him into firing. The swiveling helps to make sure that if he hits any part of my bot, it'll be the discs.

If he decides not to fire the hammer, reroute and drive behind him. He's got 25% the translational speed I do.

When he fires, I've got a good 2 seconds at the least to drive forward and hit him with the discs. Smash the hammer, punch a hole in the chassis, flip him over, get some big damage in there. If he (somehow) survives and manages to reset to neutral, pull out and repeat.

gl hf