Blackburn Kangaroo vs Saturnian Wristwatch

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Blackburn Kangaroo vs Saturnian Wristwatch

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Blackburn Kangaroo: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 14 / Armor: 9 (+2 spinner)
Saturnian Wristwatch: Speed: 4 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 / Armor: 7

His weapon:weparm:arm: 15/11/7
mine: 14/15/7

we both die to a bodyshot, I deal 3 damage to his weapon, he deals none to mine. his point of traction is offset by his omniwheels when considering knockback. the rollers on his omnis are really far apart - he's in for a bumpy ride, which will not help his control.

his entire gameplan is a bait and switch with the wheels - get me to try and hit one, then surprise me with the spinner, relying on his chassis not getting hit. Start as an overcutter: I need to threaten his chassis and his wheels.

if he goes overcutter, just play it measured, keep to the center of the arena, and take the hits as best as I can: as usual aim to rebound somewhere safe. here, that's always gonna be to the center of the arena if I can - if not, as far from him as possible: no need to risk him getting some weird rebound or something. he loses if he does this though, unless he thinks he can outflank me (hint: he can't: if he starts circle strafing I can choose to engage and catch him off guard, that's exactly why my disc is giant). the shit regarding rebounds applies to these other situations as well.

if he goes undercutter, I'm confident that I out-range him. aim for a wheel on the left side, trying to get him to do his bait trick. if he turns it out of the way, turn into his body with the rotation of my spinner: this should allow me to threaten both at once. do NOT chase the wheel if he turns it out of the way: this is how he hits my chassis. if he out-ranges me, do the next paragraph thing.

if he's overcutter and I'm undercutter, play extremely coy and to the center of the arena, and keep backing up, then lurching forwards while turning with the rotation of my spinner: I'm looking to turn faster than I should be able to surprise him with a burst of speed and hit a wheel before he can react: use my poor control to my advantage: having the distance of my turn be unpredictable to him is an advantage when he's going for a VERY risky bait.

this is a match where i have to take opportunities when I see them - but also know what's bait and what isn't. I know what he's up to, which will make it all that harder for him to execute.

GL

Cha0sFerret

Re: Blackburn Kangaroo vs Saturnian Wristwatch

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:45 pm

I want to start whatever way up he starts so our weapons will connect with each other and spin up the same direction as him so our weapons will roll off each other instead of impacting heavily. If he changes spin direction, change with him when safe.

Keep the fight near walls (weird for a spinner, I know) and try to get him to bounce into the walls to slow his weapon down. Once he's sufficiently slowed, get more aggressive. Try to hit his wheels or body before he can get up to speed again. Smash him up good.

Wheel baiting didn't work last time and I doubt it'll work here, but I can still turn in place to protect my wheels should the need arise. Considering his weapon positioning, I suspect he might try to do the Tombstone Turn to me at least once, and turning in place should save my wheels there.

If he refuses to approach me at the walls, drive at him and bounce him toward the walls. This fight is not staying in the middle so long as I can drive :P

glhf