Week 2 of something or other: HardWired III vs AnBar and SawnDisc

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Week 2 of something or other: HardWired III vs AnBar and SawnDisc

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:15 pm

HardWired III: Speed: 5 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 12 Armour: 7 (+2 Wedge)
Antbar Gen II: 4/2/1/11/6
SawnDisc Gen II: 4/2/1/12/5
Using the Standard plain old Wedge
First off, the usual drill of spinning up as soon as the match starts, approaching them cautiously once I’m up to full speed, waiting for which robot seems to be approaching first. If they’re both even then I’ll go for the HS, just ping the fucker before, somewhat hoping to coral and deflect it into it’s partner the Vert. If they’re grouped up a little after that first hit then I’ll go for the HS again , hoping to kill it off or at least remove a wheel to keep it as a second thought whilst I then go for the Vert. The Vert doesn’t have the weapon bite or power to self, right when flipped so I’ll leave it to rot and be counted out whilst I finish off the HS. Due to being heavier, and having more weight pushing on the ground I should have Wedge superiority, as well as the drive advantage. If the HS hits me it won’t be doing much due to it A: being a 12 Power HS B: being a saw and C: being lighter, so it just flies the fuck away when it hits me. Gyro self-right I’d flipped, run away if one looks like they’re going behind me so I can turn around to face them again, possibly there awful traction will make them collide into one another comedically.
Best of luck Bill-Meister.

Billy5545

Re: Week 2 of something or other: HardWired III vs AnBar and SawnDisc

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:20 pm

We have the wedge advantage against them. Their wedge is mostly flat 2WD, while ours is forked 2WD. Both us and theirs are static, so we have the advantage being forked. Also, with their bonus applied to the wedge, they have 5 chassis armor, meaning they are very vulnerable to being severely damaged and KO'ed in few hits by our bots. Their wheels are also very exposed at the back, and the Beaky config, while giving a fork, is only one in the center, meaning with our number, we should be able to get to the side of their wedge or go head on without encountering the Beaky wedge, thus outwedging them.

We will first start by sending SawnDisc ahead. Shortly after that, Antbar will start moving, hanging back from the fight as SawnDisc tried to angle in and outwedge HardWired III. Basically, SawnDisc will try to distract HardWired III. During that, Antbar will then attack HardWired III, trying to hit one of the wheels, though chassis is good if we don't get clear shot. After giving HardWired III severe damage, we will quickly try to chain our hits, hitting them repeatedly, and utilizing free hits when they are inverted and unable to utilize their wedge at all, while avoiding their weapon. We will try to further destroy the wheel from there, or disable their weapon. And of course, we will keep aggressively attack HardWired III without giving them chance to recover.

However, if HardWired III goes straight for Antbar, try to drive Antbar in a way so that our wedgelets will be able to get under the flat part of HardWired III, thus getting a hit and ruining the wedge.

Make sure to drive well and don't screw up, as well as watch out for any tricks, avoiding them at the first sign of spotting it. Also, don't stay too close to the arena wall throughout the fight, until we are able to take control of HardWired III at least

Good luck Ethan