ROBOT3 HW Week 2: V2 vs Death Metal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

ROBOT3 HW Week 2: V2 vs Death Metal

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:24 pm

V2: 5/3/1/13/8 (+2 wedge)
Death Metal: 4/2/1/16/7

We have superior speed than them. In addition, their weapon will also weaken as it hits something every time. Our design is also reinforced, so it can survive some hits against them, while delivering one ourself. Being a Tombclone, they will also deflect hard against us every time they hit our wedge or weapon, and have exposed wheels, which we can destroy quickly with our weapon.

We will first try to rush them, while angling in on them. We will try to rely on slowing or stopping their blade as soon as possible, before it can reach full speed, while using one half of our wedge, more specifically, the half where the angled plate is attached, to tank and deflect the hit. After that, we will immediately hit them with the weapon, hitting the chassis and one of the wheels in the attack. We will keep attacking them aggressively without giving them chance to recover while they are affected like that, until they get disabled or they get OOTA'ed somehow over the low wall

If they recovered on the ground however, we will rush quickly before the weapon can get deadly, using the other side of our wedge, but same half where the angled plate is attached, to repeat the process. If they break free, use the unaffected part of wedge again. Keep doing it until the match ends, either by KO, JD, or OOTA

Also, watch out for their tricks and react accordingly at the first sign, and drive well. Don't screw it up.

Good luck Shaba

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: ROBOT3 HW Week 2: V2 vs Death Metal

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:21 pm

Starting in blue square

I have the high walls on my side of the arena and I'm going to try to keep to this side as much as possible.

V2 has maximum of 10 armor (to the wedge). I am going to cause severe damage to that in addition to 5 shock damage to their chassis. Meanwhile, their weapon will only cause 2 damage to mine. Also, I have a much larger reach as opposed to theirs and will be much less likely to cause any chassis damage to me in any head-on attack.

Start out and spin up to full speed and head directly for them. Their speed is mediocre and not conducive to a good box-rush, so I should have enough time to have my weapon up to speed before they hit. Recover as quickly as I can from the recoil and strike again before they can recover. Despite being tracked, V2 does not receive any traction bonus per this rule set. And, if I land the initial direct blow, things should quickly go downhill for V2, in terms of damage, making it easier to land subsequent blows and score a KO.

If V2 decides to play more conservatively and hang out near its own corner, come directly at him, then turn away when about a foot or two away. Don't try to engage him near the low walls where he could possibly OOTA me. Show my rear and tempt them into giving chase. I'm not falling for your bait and you're gonna need to show some aggression at some point. V2 takes chase and comes within range of my bar and I come around and with 10 damage, likely vaporize their whole side.

Regardless of tactics, damage *will* be dealt to V2 and I'm going to try and get this fight over quickly. My weapon will spin up more slowly toward the end of the match, but it shouldn't be a major hindrance, even if the fight doesn't end in a KO.

Anyways, drive smart, recover as quick as possible from recoil/gyrodancing, and keep away from the low walls

GL, Billy!