ROBOT3 LW Week 2: OverCutter vs <3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

ROBOT3 LW Week 2: OverCutter vs <3

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:08 pm

OverCutter: 4/3/1/15/7
<3: 5/3/1/11 (-1 dual hammers)/10 (+3 plow)

So, we have more traction than them. In addition, we also have the superior weapon, and their weapons don't deal that much damage to our armor. They also have the same armor as us on the rest of their body except plow, and will suffer severe damage to our weapon. They also have mecanum drive, and it should be a bit uncontrollable with the nature of how they drive.

We will try to at an angled direction to them first, targeting one of the side hammers to destroy it. Our strategy will be like that for the rest of the match, keep attacking them, trying to hit the 7 armor parts especially. Aside from the hammers and it's mechanism, we will also try to deliver scathing hit to the side, as well as destroy the wheels with it. However, if our weapon breaks down somehow, we will use the back part of our bot to wedge and control them. We also forget, but in case the opponent tries to fire the hammer and get us trapped between the hammers, and the plow, turn so one of the hammers will get into the path of out bar instead. Also, we will try to utilize the worse control of mecanums to our advantage, making it so they will end up hitting our bar while trying to drive to us

If we get inverted by them somehow, we will try to selfright, as well as hope we can get stray hit on them while spinning our bar in an inverted state. Also, drive well and don't screw up, and don't stray too close to the arena wall. We don't want to get OOTA'ed

Good luck YSQMH

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 2: OverCutter vs <3

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Going with the high armor plow and the dual side hammers

What we got over here, i am faster and i can strafe, his weapon is scary but my plow can tank it and i will survive shock damage, i deal 3 corner damage to his chasis which is not bad.
The important thing here is that not only he will we able to only hit the top of my wedge, he can only do so when we are facing straight at each other because the side parts of the bar's area are higher up. this means that the sides are open, and guess who has weapons specifically designed to hit sides.
So get close to him, use the mecanums to make sure we are facing each other, when we are close fire the hammers. But don't do it straight away, instead get close to him and then start reversing away at about the speed OC can move. This will give me a bit more precision and will force Billy into chasing me, which stops him from turning at the last second and hitting my hammers. Of course don't back myself into a wall.
Anyways make sure that i don't hit him on the spinner, instead i will hit on his side panels. 3 corner damage is significant and after repeated hits i will get through the armor, and then i just so happen to have a pic showing OC's internals and that lets me know that after beating the armor, i will hit straight into the only pair of wheels or straight into the electronics. Both cases can win me the fight quickly.
Just repeat the strategy for the entire fight, adjusting along the way for Billy's response to it and so he can't quite predict my moves. Don't trap myself into the walls and make sure i only get hit on the plow (easy task). Also make sure that i fire the hammers so they land before his spinner makes contact into my plow, i don't want a recoil hit or any BS.
If one of my hammer is gone but the other still works then strafe to you know what side before attacking, but don't do it every time because predictability. If both hammers are dead just play wedge strats, i still am faster and can tank it just fine.
Don't do mistakes and try to read and adjust to any plan of his.

GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53