Epicer Waluigi vs Uptown Funk

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Epicer Waluigi vs Uptown Funk

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:32 pm

I may not be able to read my opponent's RP for this fight, but that doesn't mean I can't read his RP against a near-identical bot.

The fact he lost to Di-Trouble Gen II in a swift KO sets a precedent for him not being able to deal with HUGE-type spinners. If he gets smacked to death against a 14 power weapon dealing 4 damage, what chance does he have against a 16 power weapon dealing 6 damage?

OOTAing won't work either, because:
1. beeg wheels probably don't fit in the 2 foot gap anyway
2. Flail setup means there's very little chance of me punting myself OOTA off of his angled cheese wedge.
3. 2 weapon lol oh no no no, that's 1 foot and the lowest walls are 1.5 feet. He's only getting an OOTA if I'm both perpendicular to the wall and literally rubbing up against it. He's got a better shot at the lottery than having me wind up in that position. Not to mention that firing his weapon opens up his flipper to being slapped downward by my weapon.

Anyway:
Box rush them to the best of my abilities, and get under one side of the wheels and flip.
I have a feeling he might try this against EW with the reasoning of "oh, he has lower speed and traction so it should be easier this time".

By design, this type of robot is intended to be difficult to control. Too wide to flank from the outside, can't get at the wheels from the inside because then you get shit on by the weapon. EW may be even more difficult to control due to the fact that it's gonna be skidding and sliding.

Gyroing might put me at a little risk, but I can always shut the weapon motor off for a split second and keep going.
If they're corner camping, I may have to wait for them to give me an opportunity to get to the sides
I don't plan on corner camping. I'm just gonna go out into the arena and get that deathspinner into play. Chase him down as best I can and win on aggression + damage.

gl hf

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Epicer Waluigi vs Uptown Funk

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:38 pm

Oh btw I forgot to mention, I'm using the flail setup.

Hiicantpk

Re: Epicer Waluigi vs Uptown Funk

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Epicer WaluigiUptown Funk
Speed: 4Speed: 8
Traction: 1Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 16Weapon: 2
Armour: 8Armour: 10
Config: Config:
------

Theme song for this match:
------

No forks on.

So they hurt more than Di-trouble and I lost that match, so time to take this a little more carefully. They'll probably use the disc things instead of the flails, since the flails will most likely just bounce up my bot instead of doing real damage. Head out quickly, I'm double their speed and despite them being a huge clone, I probably still have enough of a drive advantage to get to the sides of the wheels. Unless they're corner camping. I want none of that and will happily drive in figure eights around the middle of the arena until they come out of the corner.

If I get a chance to get to their side, test if my flipper hits high enough to hit their side L things. If I can, I can focus on trying to hit those with my flipper. Even if it won't do anything, I can get aggression points. They'll likely catch on after one or two times so after that, fake going for one L, make a last minute turn as they turn to intercept, and go around the other side to get a flip off on the side L or the wheel. With their 3 traction/speed difference, they'll probably oversteer and have a difficult time turning back before I can get to the side and flip.

If I can't hit the side L things, I'll have to be a little more risky and go for flips on the wheels. Again, I don't think it'll do much and they'll likely try to stay away from the walls so they don't get stranded or anything. Try my best to stay aggressive, flip the wheels and retreat to repeat. Avoid the weapon at all costs, I can't risk my flipper being disabled as I do not want to resort to pushing and giving them free hits on me.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57