ROBOT3 HW Week 2: Defenestrator vs. Blackburn Kangaroo

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT3 HW Week 2: Defenestrator vs. Blackburn Kangaroo

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Defenestrator: Speed 7 / Traction 6 / Torque 2 / Weapon 4 (single-actuator clamp) / Armor 11 (+1 front wedge and lifter forks.)

Blackburn Kangaroo: Speed 4 / Traction 2 / Torque 1 / Weapon 16 / Armor 7

CONFIG DECLARATION: Anti-spinner plow. Blackburn Kangaroo’s presumably not using its high-armor config :V

Assuming he’s starting inverted. Raise my lifter up all the way behind me. I probably can’t box rush before he spins up but try to knock him towards the wall.

Approach him cautiously while he’s inverted. My plow is hopefully tall enough to catch his disc, but it’ll probably be the top “ears” so I want to make sure I angle myself so the forward-facing parts make contact and not the corners. If his disc’s higher than my plow hopefully I have the reach to get under his chassis without my arm getting hit since the pivot’s all the way in the back.

He needs a lot of hits in the same place to be dangerous to my plow, so wait until I get a hit that forces him into the wall and slows him down. Watch for janky swing-around moves. At that point rush in, try to get his blade stopped and him pinned. Immediately bring the arm down, and focus on trying to flip him upright (if the impacts haven’t done so already. Valkyrie-type undercutters don’t seem all that stable) over going for the perfect grab. Speaking of which if he starts gyrodancing, try to nudge his corners to help the process along and flip him over, but be ready to reverse away so he doesn’t come down on top of me blade-first.

If he’s upright, keep the lifter behind me but I can afford to be more aggressive. Try to have his blade hit about the middle of my wedge between the pontoons, and again try to force him into the wall and get his blade stopped. NOW is the time to go for a grab. Grab in between the spokes on his disc if I have to. My forks actually have an armor bonus so I can afford to touch his blade with them if it’s at low speed. Grab, drag to corner by low wall, set him down to adjust grip while keeping him penned in the corner if necessary, then go for the reverse suplex OOTA.

If he has the height and reach to hit my arm… gg lol, but after he decapitates me there’ll be nothing he can hit anymore, so go balls to the wall aggressive, slam him around the arena, and hopefully do enough to overcome the 0-5 damage score.

GL HF

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: ROBOT3 HW Week 2: Defenestrator vs. Blackburn Kangaroo

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:47 pm

16 weapon Config

so uh

yeah

12 armor vs 16 weapon, and a fuckton of corners. if he tries to come at me lifter raised he's going to be extremely unstable and really not take the hit well, and under no situation is he likely to be able to flank me (and if he tries to go around against the rotation of my blade, I can always swing around turning the other way - with my spin - in order to surprise him and get him on the corner he wasn't expecting) and, to boot, I start on the high wall side, so a leeroy jenkins rush is unlikely to yield results.

the two main priorities in this match are to stay spinning, and rebound to safe areas: the middle of the arena, or the side farthest from the short wall. all actions should be towards accomplishing one of those two goals: if I need to run away to make space, be moving towards a safe area. be willing to gyrodance a bit in order to keep weapon power high if I don't have the space to turn it down, recover, and get it back up to speed before he gets near me.

if wedged, I have a disc and exposed rear wheels. the weapon should still be able to spin and chip at his wedge, eventually freeing me (unlike a bar, which would be blocked by his wedge), and I can of course always j-hook and the like. if he gets me in the clamp arm, I can throttle my weapon to multipe different speeds to potentially rock myself off of it, or at least maybe impact the wall with it before I go over - a random direction is better than a guarenteed OOTA :V .

in general, look to just smack right into the middle of his bot: I'm either hitting a fork, or one of those inside corners of the wedge, so I'll be dealing the damage I need from there. this means I can be more aggressive and take the fight to him, instead of trying to play defensive and get a hit in somewhere he doesn't want to take one. He doesn't want to take a hit anywhere. obviously if I get the chance to I can go for his side or whatever: ain't gonna say no to that sort of present.

be on the lookout for funny business. he knows he can't approach this in a standard manner.

GL