ROBOTS 3 MW Week 1: NKC vs Martian Horses

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

ROBOTS 3 MW Week 1: NKC vs Martian Horses

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:57 pm

NKC:
Speed: 7
Weapon: 5
Armor: 11 (+2 to the wedge)
Traction: 5
Torque: 2

DSTMH:
Speed: 5
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 11
Armor: 8 (+2 rear plow)

He has no way to out-wedge me here, meaning his main game plan will probably revolve around using his mecanums to sneak around me and flank. Unfortunately for him, i should be able to turn quickly enough to make this less of a threat. Even if he does get to my sides, he only hits me for 2 damage at best, which also assumes he can get a square shot on some part of my robot that isn't slanted. He doesn't really have enough ground clearance, especially at the back, to try a monster-truck strategy. If he tries to climb my wedge, he falls right into my clutches and I doubt he wants to be sawed, especially for very long. It only takes 12 seconds for me to slice completely through his armor, which means even five or six seconds of exposure will leave a very large gash.

Open on the offensive. Wait a moment to see what direction he's moving and then chase him down. He may try a juke so be wary of that before pinning him. Watch for a jhook, especially if I get him side-on. Bring the saw down as soon as he's far enough the wedge so that the lifter has full purchase and start going. Aim for the wheels if possible, as once one of those is gone he loses his ability to strafe properly, and that's basically my wincon here. Once I have him on the backswing, go whole-hog on the offensive until he finally escapes, in which case I want to back off and wait for another opening to do what I have to do. I have the drive power to back away if he slips past the wedge, allowing me to reset the situation back to a neutral state. I can also j-hook if he does manage to angle and wedge me.

Good luck Drew and may the better robot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Wolf51-50

Re: ROBOTS 3 MW Week 1: NKC vs Martian Horses

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:28 pm

Oh boy

Strafe around to confuse and see if I can angle in for a shot. Reverse and strafe to avoid his wedge while constantly hitting. If he gets under me, flip my hammer the other way and send myself careening off the wedge. Maybe I can get behind him and get a few shots in.

Good luck