ROBOT3 HW Week 1: Defenestrator vs. Mul-T

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT3 HW Week 1: Defenestrator vs. Mul-T

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:13 am

STATS:

Defenestrator: (pontoons config)
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 4
Armor: 11 (+1 front wedge and lifting forks)

Mul-T: (hammer config)
Speed: 5
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 7
Weapon: 14

Going pontoons config. V900 said he's going with the "Rebar Puncher" hammer config.

Mul-T’s an “Orbital Hammer,” which means his arm sticks WAY out on either side and is a huge area to catch. If I were a normal clamp I’d just keep the arm raised with the jaws open, but that doesn’t work too well with a Snake Mechanism. However, I’m still going to keep the arm held up in the air at about a 30 degree angle, which means the jaws will be CLOSED but the forks will still stick out in front of the clamp jaw a bit, creating a kind of “hook” shape which can still catch his hammer. Advance head-on with the arm held out in front of me and keep him from getting to my sides, try to be at a bit of a horizontal offset to avoid the spike sniping my weapon chains.

If his hammer gets caught by the “hook,” IMMEDIATELY lift and try to hoist his front into the air by the hammer arm, then drag him to the wall. If he’s come far enough in that his arm goes over the top of my clamp, still lift and try to get the “ring” of his hammer stuck on top of my arm. Again, drag him to the wall. Get him in the corner by the low wall, then release, back off just enough to lower my arm, and move in again to grab him! Grip, lift him up about 45 degrees overhead, turn around, and go for the reverse suplex OOTA. Do this as quickly as possible. I might take a couple hits from the hammer but he can’t one-shot me and if I get the OOTA it’s over.

If he won’t take the bait or this isn’t working, then keep the arm lowered, the jaw open, and try to angle in and get a grip on his corners where the weapon can’t hit me. Grabbing between his hammer arm and his frame to jam his weapon up is ideal, but whatever works. Lift to break his traction, drag him backwards to the low wall corner and go for it.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: ROBOT3 HW Week 1: Defenestrator vs. Mul-T

Post by V900 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:07 pm

Kay, so his win condition here is to either:
1. clamp and OOTA me, or
2. go the entire match without sustaining damage

That's gonna be awfully hard when I have the drive to keep up. 5 speed means I won't be chasing him down or anything, I just need to be fast enough to get my deathhammer into position. And by "position" I actually mean "directly in front of him". That's right, we're going balls-to-the-wall do-or-die yolo mode here. I want to generally aim my hammer at either the top part of his clamping claw or the belt-arm-thing it's attached to.

His +1 specifically states "front wedge and lifting forks", NOT "front wedge and lifting forks and clamp and obnoxiously long arm". The claw and belt-arm-thing are each 10 armor and take 4 damage when hit by the hammer. If the hammer hits either of them, his top claw or entire clamp will be out of commission. That eliminates win condition 1 entirely and severely dampers win condition 2.

He might (read: probably will tbh) try angling in to avoid my hammer hitting his clamp, but that's even worse for him. Instead of hitting the clamp, I'll be scoring damage against his 10 armor chassis and wheels. Ouch!

I'll at least try to avoid getting clamped, but if I do, I've got a few options:
* Try to reverse off the wedge with my drive (a 4 power clamp with two components means both components have 3 power)
* Smack him with the hammer and inflict damage. The most reliable option, the hammer is slightly double-sided as well.
* If I get cucked and can't inflict damage with the hammer, I can at the very least use it as a device to keep myself in the arena. 2 feet is verrrrry small for a HW and my hammer can push me off of the wall if he tries to drag-n-drop me into the gap.

Be v. aggressive, try to avoid the clamp but don't sweat it too hard since I have ways to avoid it, disable his weapon as soon as I can.

gl hf