ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Y.V. vs Admiral

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Y.V. vs Admiral

Post by attackfrog » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:46 pm

Y.V. may have a bunch of points in traction and torque, but with that kind of wheel setup, I think it's highly questionable to say it'll really be able to push other robots around. It's also likely to oversteer with that much plow hanging off the front (and with the wheels oriented the way they are), which should give me a chance to get Admiral underneath it and flip it over.

Y.V.'s got its wedgelet-plow on, but the wedge battle isn't as one-sided as you might think. Most of the weight on the front of Admiral is resting on the protrusions on either side of the flipper (this is easier to see from the bottom, so check out the Sketchfab render.) This means it's much more likely that we'll get plow interlock than for YV to get completely under Admiral.

I'll keep on the offensive to try to avoid being flanked by Y.V., go in for flips when it oversteers, and try not to get bullied around too much the rest of the time. If I get a chance to flip Y.V. out I'll take it, of course.

Good luck Noah!

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Y.V. vs Admiral

Post by V900 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:42 pm

Uhhh pretty sure I went wedgelets (5 wep 7 armor) for this one but idk.

To start off: I really want to stay in the center of the arena. 3 feet isn't much, but next to a wall it can be deadly. Only interact with the walls if I'm the one shoving him into them, and run back to the center of the arena when he's free. I'm faster than him so this should be easy. I also have a 5 weapon plow, so getting self-righted should be even easier.

I have the speed, torque, and plow geometry to scoop him up and do some shoving. The little ridges on my plow will make it harder for him to j-hook off, use this to my advantage and go for the big Breaker Box slams.

He's got a flat wedge (don't bother trying to argue that those little nubs cut out on the flipper are teeth, they're not), so getting under should be fairly easy. I can also utilize my omnis to strafe around him a bit before pressing+charging in, but don't get too greedy with this.

BTW, Gabe, it can lift. I designed it with the Duck! thing in mind where it's got part of the drive in front to act as support against Squarewaving. And no, it won't stop moving once the front wheel leaves the ground. The back 2 wheels will still be putting in work.

gl hf