ROBOTS 3 MW WK1: Hati vs Lethal Target

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

ROBOTS 3 MW WK1: Hati vs Lethal Target

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:28 am

Hati: Speed: 8, Traction: 7, Torque: 3, Weapon: 0, Armor: 12
Lethal Target: Speed: 4, Traction: 3, Torque: 1, Weapon: 15, Armour: 7

Hati may be quicker than me stats wise, but there is a major weakness he has. He does not have a damaging weapon to harm Lethal Target, Let my spinning bar power up and face right at Hati in order to try and damage his "anti-spinner" plate or try to scar up the wedge and I'll drive right at him.

If Hati potentially tries to angle me, I'll reverse back and swerve a little to make sure my weapon is facing his wedge and try to prevent him from getting to either side of me.

I want to try and avoid Hati to push me around the arena, so I'll try to avoid the hazards also.

Good luck and may the best robot win.

Hooray For Lexan

Re: ROBOTS 3 MW WK1: Hati vs Lethal Target

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:15 am

Stats: HOPEFULLY TBR posted them since he started the thread.

Shield config please. No extra-tall UHMW block.

Rush at him. If he veers out of his starting square at an angle, curve my path to ram into his blade and knock him towards the wall. If he goes straight-out he’s probably going for something screwy so stop about halfway across and let him start his attack, then charge in at the last second.

He has a horizontal bar, I have a wedge. He looks low enough to hit the shallow part, popping himself in the air, which is great because his clearance is so low that any gyrodancing can high-center him, or skip into the steeper section, which is also great because the impact is likely to fling him sideways across the arena. That aside, go for fairly conservative tactics i.e. ram the fuck out of his weapon and knock him into the walls. If he’s keeping his sides or rear towards me, advance slowly to bait the swing around maneuver, then attack his weapon. Try to get it stopped and keep it stopped: if it’s slow enough for me to wedge him (and easily high-center him if he’s upright, see above point), steer towards the farthest corner and slam him into the wall at top speed. I’m not sure if I can get a Storm II style OOTA over the low wall, but I might be able to knock him onto his side or rear and get him stuck. Otherwise, if he bounces free go right back after him and wedge him again before he can spin back up.

Stay constantly on the attack, bully and smother as much as possible, and don’t let him get to my sides/corners.

Good Luck etc.