Robots 3 LW WK1: Flipcake vs Ilwoon

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Robots 3 LW WK1: Flipcake vs Ilwoon

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:05 am

Flipcake: Speed: 7, Traction: 6, Torque: 2, Weapon: 3, Armour: 10 (Frontal Flipper +2)
Ilwoon: Speed: 5 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 13 | Armour: 7

Flipcake is by far the quicker of the two in this match. Ilwoon lacks the protection from of the sides of his wedges. I can easily angle in by attacking head on of Ilwoon and get right underneath those wedges to topple him over.

If I do manage to flip over Ilwoon then I'll leave him stuck onto his side.

Good luck and may the best robot win. :)

Rocket

Re: Robots 3 LW WK1: Flipcake vs Ilwoon

Post by Rocket » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:20 pm

Flipcake is a control flipper, it's faster (though not by much), and it's got a lot of armour. However, Ilwoon has its own advantages - namely that its weapon can deal a lot of damage to the top part of Flipcake, to the tune of 5 corner damage. Ilwoon's wedge is also better, with its forked 2WD wedge handily outmatching the hinged 4WD wedge of Flipcake, especially since the latter can't press. A plan begins to form.

Flipcake's obviously going to be angling in because its wedge is worse and Ilwoon has big flat sides. That means I have to get a little defensive with my driving. From the start, stare him down and wait for a good hit. He's going to try and turn me over from the sides but I'm confident that I can turn to face him and force a head-on collision at the last second before he can get underneath me. After that, it's time to beat the tar out of him with the sword. There's nothing he can do to block the sword aside from firing his flipper, and from the way that works in his pic, that just leaves the bottom portion of his chassis open to being slammed around by my big giant sword. That ought to smash him apart in fairly short order.

If he does manage to get underneath me and turn me over, I can self-right fairly easily and reset, though the worry there is with chain flips. If I get knocked over onto my back or my side, just fire the axe - the jolt of motion from it should flop me back onto my feet again. After that, it's a question of resetting and waiting for another good hit. Defensive driving is the order of the day here, and hopefully it means I can cause some damage.

Good luck, TBR, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)