Diablo Genesis III vs Scion

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Diablo Genesis III vs Scion

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:40 pm

Flipper, ABR wedge, forks on.

FINALS? COMMENCE FINAL BOSS MUSIC https://youtu.be/7ZRZMx7r_xY

All of the speedz trololololol.

Yeah yeah he's faster, whatever. But he's kinda screwed either way. If he uses the forks, I can combat it by angling in at the last second with my flipper. Normally he'd be able to adjust, but with 9 fucking speed, he'll need Gary Gin levels of reaction time. If he doesn't have forks on, both of my wedges can beat his I'm pretty sure. And the beauty of it is that even if he gets under my flipper, say hello to wedge number two Mr. Goat :V. That's why I have my ABR on, so he can't hook my first ladder gap and so he'll lack the range to get under both wedges because of the length of my ABR even with forks. If he gets under the flipper, shout surprise open the flipper and clamp him before he can get away. Turn with him to prevent any escape.

Main goal here is to flip him immediately. His thwack and wedge are useless when inverted and he'll have to foolishly damage himself on the IED or put himself in an awkward position on the Micro IED. Nonetheless, try to make sure he never rights himself. On that note, 9 speed and 2WD? WATCH FOR WHEELIES AND TAKE ADVANTAGE. Along with that, if he's getting really aggressive or he keeps trying to angle in, get kinda close to the wall and turn to do a fake out so his -2 control will cause him to skid into a micro IED, possibly flipping himself in turn. If he uses the ring around the IED, yes it'll spin him around (watch closely and just watch until he hops off. Friendly reminder that with 9 speed he won't be exactly perfect with breaking especially with 7 traction, so he might just skip off the outer ring and skid into the IED. Hooking with the thwack will end in a stalemate since we have equal torque. Activate the flipper to see if I can pick him up from that position. If he's under me and I can drive away, press my flipper into his wedge or body and push back.

If flipping him isn't working out at all, have him get within 15 feet to getting under and activate the flipper at the last second so he'll fly right into my clamp. Self right if flipped, take advantage of any control slipups, get him flipped and keep him flipped for as long as possible, and adjust if things get weird. He has to be careful with the micro IEDs to time the push just right while I just have to flip him or clamp him to get him to fly over the edge. He had very few options when wedging. Be smart, and keep him in front at all times (NO angling in) but don't be afraid to toy with him a bit either. It's finals, let's have fun.

Good luck

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Diablo Genesis III vs Scion

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:54 pm

FORKS ON

The obvious: speed advantage. wedge advantage head-on. control disadvantage. conclusion: he's likely to angle in/j-hook back, use a stutter engage, or come at me from weird angles. it's my job to force the head-on, and I have the advantages to do so.
the potential: my forks could get stuck in between the pokes on his lifter and let me push him even if he gets under me. his flipper is hinged up top, so it shouldn't be a static wedge, which means I get under it. I likely beat him even if it isn't because forks.

be aggressive, but keep below top speed to try and keep myself in better control (obviously abandon doing that if it doesnt help me). in general go straight at him, but sometimes (including on the first engagement) stop for a moment as I come in and then re-engage (stutter engage), seeing if I can bait out whatever tricks he's trying to keep up his sleeve. obviously start angling in/otherwise if it turns out his wedge is consistently better: I have the drivetrain for it.

focus on long term control when possible: dont try to flip him with hazards, instead try to pin him to the walls. obviously though most of the match is gonna be a back and forth since we're both so squirrely, so don't over-commit to any one engagement: be very alert for him getting in a vengance shot by angling away as I try to keep him on. I feel like I've seen that burn people a lot recently.

when he gets under, immediately back off, J-hooking and all that bullshit. we have the same acceleration, but I have a significantly higher top speed, so I start off at a faster speed and will always be able to get off of his wedge given enough space. there's a good deal of wedge up front, and if I'm backing up I'll be driving the wedge into the ground when he flips anyway, so it should prevent him from being able to consistently overturn me with a 3 power weapon. and, worse case scenario, self-right with a mini ied.

as usual, get cagier towards the last third of the match: keep the fight to the middle of the arena as much as is prudent, and don't be that dumbass that sets himself up perfectly for an OOTA. if I get in control, see if I can flip him with an IED in such a way that his self-righting would force him over the edge (try to keep him pinned up against the mini IEDs/see if continuous shoving into them will eventually OOTA him or something. as soon as I have to give up the pin when doing this, back off FAR and full reengage: dont take the wedge fight at the wall EVER after it falls.

GL, and grats on finals. it's an accomplishment to get even this far. this should be a good one.