CBC3 MW Semifinals: Carbonemys vs Diablo Genesis III

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC3 MW Semifinals: Carbonemys vs Diablo Genesis III

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:58 pm

Carbonemys: 4 speed / 1+1 traction / 1 torque / 15+1 weapon / 9 armour (+1 wedge)

vs.

Diablo Genesis III: 7 speed / 6 traction / 4 torque / 3 weapon / 10 armour (+3 wedge)

1) His wedge is tough, but a few hits will warp it and compromise its effectiveness. Also, if he uses them, the only ground-scraping parts are the two little teeth at the very edges, which my wedge could fit between.

2) The rest of his bot, including those support bars holding his wedge, takes 9 damage and 4 shock. I can disable his weapon or even OHKO him somewhat easily as a result.

3) The tall, rounded shape of Carbonemys and the flatness of DGIII’s clamp means he’ll struggle to really clamp me.

4) If his weapon is damaged or he decides to push, I can’t be high-centered, and I can still hit him. My hammer reaches 22.5 degrees below the horizontal plane.

5) If he raises his weapon as a blocker, he sacrifices his ability to really control me. I can slam it down with my hammer, hook aggressively and get his side if he’s pushing me, or push back against him and then suddenly reverse to buy myself space, firing and compromising his dustpan by warping it.

Come straight at him, keeping the danger zones to one side to make his approach more predictable. If he goes head to head, gun it and fire the hammer. If I catch some of his bars or support frame, I’ll snap or warp them badly. If I catch his wedge, I’ll dent it, making it less effective. If I can, try to hook onto the danger zone to escape his retaliatory flip/clamp. If he’s angling for a flip, come at him and then reverse to bait a misfire.

Carbonemys has always been a counterpuncher, but I’m going to break that pattern and be rabidly aggressive. Shock and Awe. I’m not Chomp. I’m more bottom-heavy, have a much more stable base, and can’t be high-centered. Yeah, I’ll get flipped a few times. Oh well. Self-right, learn from it, and come right back at him, timing my attack better based on his patterns.

If he pressures me while I’m on my side, that provides me with an opportunity to self-right at a weird angle and catch him in a place I’d otherwise struggle to reach. People don’t think of that. Focus fire his weapon and take a shot at his chassis if I have the angle.

He may try to bait me, but he has nothing to keep me honest with before 2:00. Just charge forward right through it. If I’m on his wedge and he’s not flipping immediately because strategy or dead weapon, charge up it (tracks, baby!). That’ll give me the range to unleash on his chassis, and that’s goodnight. Mix in giving him my side and reversing just before contact. He has to react and he won’t stop instantly, giving me a shot at him with his weapon out of line. At the 2:00 mark, go right into the danger zone and use it to keep him on the OOTA side and deny him control.

Best of luck, Drew!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Wolf51-50

Re: CBC3 MW Semifinals: Carbonemys vs Diablo Genesis III

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:23 am

Plow, forks off, flipper

Hey Mr. Bigboi hammer how you doing

One thing I noticed right away? Where is the rear support for his hammer? The thing is fucking huge and it's kinda sitting there suspended. Pretty much every hammer you can think of has something to support it and if it doesn't have one, it's bound to flip itself over because it uses that to push off when firing (as explained by John Reid vs Sabretooth).

Start with the jaw raised high. He'll probably be expecting this since I used a similar trick against his brother. The difference here is that I don't want to take too many hits on the plow. The good news? It's only 4 flat surface damage when it comes to shock so it won't be devastating The bad news? That's still enough to damage shit. So let's try this. Use my large speed advantage with the jaw open to start pushing him with my dustpan, then get out of the way. Bait him to fire early and then get under and clamp the hammer before he can retract and hook him with the middle of my clamp (thank you ladder gaps). Pull him towards the IED with my superior torque to send him flying. Rinse and repeat. While at it, try getting my plow close to him quicker than he can fire the weapon so only the shaft will hit. Not only will that prevent shock damage, he won't have the angle to reach over the plow either. With that in mind since I'll be too close for him to reach over, push him with my dustpan and turn with him to prevent an escape. Do everything I can to preserve the weapon to the 2 minute mark while still being aggressive.

When the walls fall, continue my tactic of fully blocking the hammer and bring him close to the edge. At this point, try to clamp him or go full flipper and send him on his merry way. Try to take the hits on the plow during this but I only need one (even a half-assed) flip to finish the fight. Use his heavy hammer and lack of a rear support against him to make him flip himself over and throw himself up in the air as well.

Good luck